[ENGINEER] Engineer Advice

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone play this class extensively on Beta

Really like the look of it, decent dps and some CC as far as CC goes in warhammer but looking for some advice on it

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is they just completely revamped the class and nobody outside of the US has played the updated version, your probably going to have to try it in open beta to see how it plays. All I can say for sure is that before the revamp the class was generally considered to be weak but looking at the changes they appear to be much improved.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well can say other dwarf classes killed faster in pve. But dunno about the revamp since i never got beta forum access. :) But range rock in pvp.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
As ranged dmg dealer, we lacked variation and dmg to be competitive in rvr.
However, if u played it right the opponent had little chance in 1v1. Tactic i used was grenadier, came down to stacking a load of DoT's on ur target combined with direct fire from ur turret. A squig herder couldnt keep up, even with the disbling/interrupting of his pet.

When the big zerging arrived with guild beta i couldnt use that tactic, so i specced rifle and tried my ranged possibilities. A sorc could easily outdmg me, a squig herder was doable but only due to more hp/toughness on dwarfs. But as assisting buddy a dwarf rocked, if a target tried running away u could do 2 things. An insta dot and Snipe, a move that had 50% more range then what a sorc/wiz could do. So for example if u brought a goblin to 10% and he had ran of to his buddies a bit further down from the keep, he would get sniped down and prolly smashed his keyboard and calling people wankers.

Conclusion, certainly a fun and good class, but needed a revamp rvr-wise, wich is happening.

Soraellion

Fledgling Freddie
Playing one right now, granted I'm still low lvl but I can see the potential. And by that I mean keep takes/defence. Just as most pet classes your turret never heard of LOS, which is quite funny and potentially useful. You also get a 150ft snipe, which works rather well.

Now there's a little thing I'm interested in, in one of the lines there's the "magnet something" skill, which grabs every target within 65ft, pulls it in and then bursts it away again. Apart from the hilarity factor and people being dissoriented because of it, I'm wondering;

- skill that simply pulls everything with a certain range
- no LOS

So... what happens if you're in a keep take and you drop one near the wall, what happens to the defenders on that wall :p

I really wanna know :)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Playing one right now, granted I'm still low lvl but I can see the potential. And by that I mean keep takes/defence. Just as most pet classes your turret never heard of LOS, which is quite funny and potentially useful. You also get a 150ft snipe, which works rather well.

Now there's a little thing I'm interested in, in one of the lines there's the "magnet something" skill, which grabs every target within 65ft, pulls it in and then bursts it away again. Apart from the hilarity factor and people being dissoriented because of it, I'm wondering;

- skill that simply pulls everything with a certain range
- no LOS

So... what happens if you're in a keep take and you drop one near the wall, what happens to the defenders on that wall :p

I really wanna know :)
messing with walls.... good old days in daoc? damn i choose a wallbitching char again (bain in daoc)

lets hope that it won't pull people tru obstacles, but smashing orcs against a keepdoor and launching them towards the shammies = priceless

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Would be even better if it done damage :D

Btw does this ability do just a knockdown or a snare? both?

Sorry im still not on beta yet so im just asking lots of questions.

BTW is tinkering a good line? looks great but then so does rifle and grenade's :s

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
i found tinkering before not that intresting, with the shifting of abilities, no clear view on it

turrets are static, that's its downside

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
What do you recommend?

I was thinkin rifle for a bit until i get a few lvl's and start grouping then probably grenade's

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
rifle needs range ofc so take that in mind
i'll prolly try grenadier first, but as specs only start from 10+ u might make up ur mind by then

Soraellion

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, it's just like talents in WOW. So far I found that close combat really isn't worth it much, as a spec that is. Mind you, you can do great damage up close but it's not efficient, using that as your main strategy to me seems you should have rolled a different class. If things get upclose you already made a mistake.

Remember that RVR isn't about soloing a whole lot, it's about doing your part using the abilities you have. Ofcourse it also differs per map you're playing but I found healer supression the most useful. So instead of trying to have an answer for every situation you should (imo) optimise your advantages and role within the group.

At level 8 or 9 you get a nice dot which you just keep till the target is about to back off as your'e hurting him. You also get your first morale skill which is a damage+knockback. You can use that defensively or offensively. Normally you'll start to hit a healer, then he gets worried a bit and backs off out of range to heal up again. JUST as he's about to do that hit him with the DOT and the moraleskill, sends him flying (also falling damage) so he can't heal. The combo of damage, dot and falling damage mostly finishes them off.

You have a good chance to be top damage dealer but you have to understand that dwarfs don't get dps casters, so no idea how it holds up then. If you really look at it you'll find that the dwarf races are defensively built. Engineer static defense, good healer and a defensive tank. If dwarfs would go against dark elves things might be very different but so far against greenskins you can hold up well.

The trick (for ranged and engineer at least) is not to go for the big target (tank) but the shamans.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
yep best is to target shammies and then squig huggers
tanks need some assisting for ranged classes

also running and using the blunderbuss gives nice leeching :)

Major Horrigan

Fledgling Freddie
I ve played a mecahnic in the beta up to level 11 now and I got one or two questions

Am I the only one foe whom the melee knmockback attack u get in 3rd level or so never does any knockback??
also the barbed wire thing seldom works ..
don t I understand these skills or sre theyu still as bugged as it seems???

BTW eng is great for monster farming do to the agrro of his turret ...
just set it up and let it attack once or twice
and the mobs willl never bother u :)

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Yea i found it performed pretty well vs mobs but a bit sub par in rvr.

Though i was lvl 4/5/6 at the time. Gonna lvl it up to 11 and try again

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Grenadier rocks.. :)

Especially as they seem to be able to throw grenades through solid walls for several minutes after being out of LoS! Lucky the damage they do is not that high. Just have to run out of range. Guns and Grenadier seem very buggy atm.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Especially as they seem to be able to throw grenades through solid walls for several minutes after being out of LoS! Lucky the damage they do is not that high. Just have to run out of range. Guns and Grenadier seem very buggy atm.
target needs to be visible when we click the ability, then add the build up (with or without interrupts) and then the distance it has to travel. Ending up with a travel time of several seconds.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Well I ran around a corner of the temple, waited for the lag hits to finish but then was still continually hit through the walls by one. Had similar thing with the guns in the Gate Scenario when one mounted on the floor above was hitting me on the ramp up to the level below it. They both seem to disregard walls and floors from what I've seen.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Sounds like the bomb turret 2bh, the LOS is bugged.

If the target is in view when we tell the turret to attack then it stays attacking LOS or not till you out of range.

Needs fixed 2bh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom