Emo music - It's not so bad is it?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
hmm AFI.. i also like spice girls and geting my throat slit :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
On a serious note ; All this stereotype shit is boring.

YOUR AN GOTH!
YOUR AN EMO!
YOUR A CHAV!
YOUR A CHOTHEMO!

The last one sounds like a Pokemon!

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
don't bash labeling people - it's never been so easy to instantly judge people as it is now.

The system NEVER fails :)

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
Zdeath said:
Dude, no.

Goths are the geezers who run around with coats like Neo and have a knife in their every pocket just incase anybody tells them that their penis is too small.

Not only that, they wear boots that the british used in the first world war.

They take stuff too serious, and too extreme.
u get female goths too...
do they also carry knives incase someone tells them their fanny is too small?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I'll tell you what is a really good idea though! Drinking other peoples blood, wow, thats soooo coool! Who cares about all the diseases you can get from it!

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
every emo, i have ever met, is a noob, for give of a better word:) there annoying, they whine, and they have scars all over there arms. beleive me ive met alot! they also have the ghayest hair styles in the world! IF u have ever listened to emo, u will want to repeatively bash ure head into the nearest wall, to ease the agony!!

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Conchabar said:
every emo, i have ever met, is a noob, for give of a better word:) there annoying, they whine, and they have scars all over there arms. beleive me ive met alot! they also have the ghayest hair styles in the world! IF u have ever listened to emo, u will want to repeatively bash ure head into the nearest wall, to ease the agony!!

I used to think thats what a headbanger was untill i was about 8 :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Well tbh i think its *insert relavant opionion here* and thats all im saying on the matter.

I'm Kent Brockman and that was My 2 Cents!

Kallahanden

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
Well tbh i think its *insert relavant opionion here* and thats all im saying on the matter.

I'm Kent Brockman and that was My 2 Cents!

:worthy:

eksdee

FH is my second home
eggy said:
People can like whatever music they want.

i didn't say that, at all, did i? don't twist what i said. i was pointing out, 100% correctly, that the music that these ignorant people are labeling as 'emo' is completely being labled wrongly, as it has been around for upwards of maybe 3 years, maximum, whereas real diy hardcore or emo music as it is so often called, especially from the mid 90s era of the style, has been around since the early 80s. i think embrace, the band to coin the phrase 'emocore', released their lp in 1983.

ignorant people are the worst kind of people, especially when they ******dly refuse to see the facts and accept them. i couldn't care less what people listen to, i just don't want a scene that is so important to me, and a huge part of my life, to be lumped in with these fashion-obsessed, make-up wearing fucktards.

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:
And Eggy, understanding lyrics has nothing to do with a good hearing =) It works on some bands, but if you can listen to an "Amon Amarth" or "Burzum" song and tell me the lyrics after not many times listening, then you're my personal hero =) (although I guess after listening to a Burzum song like 3 times you'll be bored to tears :p )

Well, might be difficult for Burzum since 80% of their lyrics are Norweigan. And Burzum are undoubtedly one of the greatest metal bands ever! If you get bored listening to them after 3 times you must have a very short attention span or not appreciate class music or something ;P

Outlander

Part of the furniture
eksdee said:
i didn't say that, at all, did i? don't twist what i said. i was pointing out, 100% correctly, that the music that these ignorant people are labeling as 'emo' is completely being labled wrongly, as it has been around for upwards of maybe 3 years, maximum, whereas real diy hardcore or emo music as it is so often called, especially from the mid 90s era of the style, has been around since the early 80s. i think embrace, the band to coin the phrase 'emocore', released their lp in 1983.

ignorant people are the worst kind of people, especially when they ******dly refuse to see the facts and accept them. i couldn't care less what people listen to, i just don't want a scene that is so important to me, and a huge part of my life, to be lumped in with these fashion-obsessed, make-up wearing fucktards.

sounds like your an emo tbh! dont hurt yourself over this thread please! :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
Aha why dont you come down to Slough and polish my Bell-End? ;d

Pay for my travel and sure meight.

But does that technically make me a whore? :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Outlander said:
you? whore?

nevah! :p

Yeah i know!. I'm pure u c!

Cba to backtrack the thread, but i heard there's a new emo sport arising.

It's called speed-slitting.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Jugvayne said:
Well, might be difficult for Burzum since 80% of their lyrics are Norweigan. And Burzum are undoubtedly one of the greatest metal bands ever! If you get bored listening to them after 3 times you must have a very short attention span or not appreciate class music or something ;P

and even if their lyrics were English/German :p I guess you got my point though =)

Well it's your opinion about them, but let's see (actually I'm really checking this atm, right now =) ), ok, long ago a friend of mine made me a disc with tons of stuff he listened to so I knew what to buy next and these are on the CD aswell.

Burzum - Spell of Destruction
Burzum - I Heimr Heljar
Burzum - A Lost Forgotten Sad Tale
Burzum - Moti Ragnarokum
Burzum - Ea, Lord of the Depths
Burzum - The Crying Orc

So I think (and this is my personal opinion ofc) that these are pretty boring and even from an artistical point of view I've heard much better things....and I really don't wanna go into his private life cause I'd be making monstrous posts then =)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I don't understand how you can jodge someone just by looking at them :/

Anyway WTF is an emo ?

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:
and even if their lyrics were English/German :p I guess you got my point though =)

Well it's your opinion about them, but let's see (actually I'm really checking this atm, right now =) ), ok, long ago a friend of mine made me a disc with tons of stuff he listened to so I knew what to buy next and these are on the CD aswell.

Burzum - Spell of Destruction
Burzum - I Heimr Heljar
Burzum - A Lost Forgotten Sad Tale
Burzum - Moti Ragnarokum
Burzum - Ea, Lord of the Depths
Burzum - The Crying Orc

So I think (and this is my personal opinion ofc) that these are pretty boring and even from an artistical point of view I've heard much better things....and I really don't wanna go into his private life cause I'd be making monstrous posts then =)

Hmmm, those tracks are from the first album and a couple are the god awful synth tracks from his last two albums, which defintiely are not where his best material lies so I do see your point of how you could get bored! I would reccomend downloading the song 'Det Som Engang Var' which is considered by many to be the greatest black metal song ever written! And yes, lets not get into his eccentric private life :p

Marc

FH is my second home
When I were a lad and shep were a pup, all the emos (the mid 90's equivalents) listened to Nirvana.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
emo has become more of an image thing, have your fringe covering 1 eye, being depressed, black/dark hair with a tinted colour on the fringer, tight jeans, red tops with black stripes or vice versa...

ok, in the matrix neo killed smith and created an equal opposite, smith then went round finger stabbing people and creating clones.....1 chav killed an emo kid and created the equal opposite, now you have tons of chavs and emo's!

i do like Dashboard Confessional plus a couple of other emo type bands but i dont wear super tight trousers nor cry all day. Personally the Term EMO is more a fashion statement nowdays for the confused kids to latch onto and be a part of.

Vaas Harkonnen

Fledgling Freddie
texas is the reason emo kids suck! ;)

i like boysetsfire and asfriendsrust, sometimes i can be emo :(

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
who would you rather punch? a goth listening to pop music or a floorpunching emo?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
FallycSymbol said:
who would you rather punch? a goth listening to pop music or a floorpunching emo?

I would rather punch a chav than either of those two :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Facts are:

• 'Emo' is no longer a term for music, but a term for fashion.
  • Being 'Emo' is about what you wear, not about what you listen to, even though often parallels can be drawn.
  • People's opinions of what music is 'Emo' varies, and should vary.
  • Not everyone that listens to 'Emo' music is an 'Emo'.
  • Not everyone that goes to gigs full of 'Emos' is an 'Emo'.
  • People who dye their hair aren't necessarily 'Emo'.
  • There are a WIDE range of musical genres people ignorantly lump into 'Emo' music. This is due to lack of knowledge.
  • If you listen to/like a song by a widely accepted 'Emo' band, it doesn't make you an 'Emo'.
  • There are a loads of sub-styles of fashion within 'Emo' - people shouldn't be labelled (especially in a bad way) without due consideration.

Now for me:

I dye my hair black, have for 3+ years. This isn't based on musical taste, and I'm certainly not a fashion follower. I dye my hair because it looks better black. I get more girls. It works. I like it.

I listen to a lot of music, from full scale Rach symphonies to rock, metal, rock & pop etc etc. I don't deny myself of music based on fashion.

I don't go to gigs like Funeral for a Friend wearing black makeup, black clothes, tight jeans or metal studded belts. If I did, that would be my choice. I prefer to be myself.

Everyone is different; don't stereotype without due thought.

Just my 2c :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom