Emo music - It's not so bad is it?

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
The Starting Line, they rock and there is no arguing with this comment. not emo but thought I should let u all knwo what ur missing

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i like the subways? are they 'emo'?
one of the lyrics is 'It's okay to feel alone, It's okay to be alone' from With You (i really like that song.)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I dont really have a thing for some 'emo' type music or things that might be reffered to as 'emo'. But what I do object to is all the teeny shit sounding US bands that are about that all sound the fucking same and there songs are all about the same stuff and are lyrically retarded. imo.

(specially that take a cock and pull it song or whatever it is)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
eggy said:
Perhaps you are very specific in your musical taste, making all other bands look boring/pointless.

Sometimes it's "show me your avatar and I tell you who you are" =))

No offence meant when I say that, though, cause sometimes it's incredibly fun =)

I'm 99% sure Cemeterygates listens to black/death metal a lot =)

And Eggy, understanding lyrics has nothing to do with a good hearing =) It works on some bands, but if you can listen to an "Amon Amarth" or "Burzum" song and tell me the lyrics after not many times listening, then you're my personal hero =) (although I guess after listening to a Burzum song like 3 times you'll be bored to tears :p )

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I hate stereotyping. I think it shows an incredible array of ignorance.

Music isn't split into the genres you're led to believe on TV/the radio. It is wide-ranging and diverse.

"Emo" music, whos name originates from emotional rock in the late 80s and is often a term that is used as an insult these days. The emo focus then switched to more indie music. After the 90s, new bands emerged more diverse than before, leaving the emo term a vague identifier and not a genre of music as such.

It's lost its meaning, and is now used generally to describe rock music with an emotional context. ie music about losing out in love, pain and suffering, suicide etc. The term is, however, irrelevant as the span of bands it encapsulates in society is a contradiction to its meaning. Bands playing upbeat "happy" music are now considered 'emo' as well. Bands that are placed under this heading are, as mentioned above, utterly different in musical style, make-up and audience, ranging from hardcore metal, shouting, all the way to modern day emotional rock and indie.

Just because someone listens to a band that the majority class under the 'emo' heading isn't derogatory of the listener. Personally, I have an incredibly eclectic musical taste, ranging from romantic symphonies to hardcore metal.

Be open minded; the term doesn't mean much these days.

Wow dude, I just asked if the music that I thought was pretty cool was considered Emo :p

Karl said:
Melachi... i just looked at your avatar and knew you were Emo!!! look at that fringe!! :p

Yeah I gave myself that avatar after I found out that AFI etc, were Emo. And as it turned out, so is Abercrombie clothes, so it turns out im kinda emo :D

Emo and proud tbh!

Ps. No I dont have that gay haircut, thats not Emo, thats gay :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
bet you have that permanent sad expression tbh :p

oh noes teh doom of it all! :D

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
all those bands mentioned in the first post fucking suck.

Rites of Spring and Sunny Day Real Estate were good though.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
its okay, just get out of the closet and admit ure a raging homoemo tis okay, just remember how to slash ure wrists correctly:)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
eggy said:
Urm..

I'm just a notch in your bed post, but you're just a line in a song.

You obviously have great hearing!

you obviously havent seen the piss take version!

Gamah

Banned
emorly.jpg

liloe

It's my birthday today!
since when is "Linkin Park" emo? =)) Hybrid Theory and Meteora (to some point) are great and the new albums are simply shit =)

eksdee

FH is my second home
maxi said:
all those bands mentioned in the first post fucking suck.

Rites of Spring and Sunny Day Real Estate were good though.

first person who actually has some idea what they're talking about in this thread. awesome.

considering bands like the hated, rites of spring and embrace were all around in the 80s, being called emo, it makes me fucking sick to see the idiotic bandying-around of the word on all this cock-metal rubbish like funeral for a friend and rubbish like that. people have such bad taste in music, and such ignorant and stupid views on music. the punk scene from which bands like embrace, for example, came from (the dc punk scene in the 80s) is still one of the most vibrant and exciting scenes in the world. emo, indie, hardcore, diy punk, whatever you want to call it is a massive scene, comprising some of the most fantastic and genuine people i'll ever meet and be involved with and i'm proud to be a part of it. it, however, has nothing to do with this shit like avenged sevenfold, funeral for a friend and so forth. people need to get some serious lessons in music culture.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
eksdee said:
however, has nothing to do with this shit like avenged sevenfold, funeral for a friend and so forth. people need to get some serious lessons in music culture.

People can like whatever music they want.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:
I'm 99% sure Cemeterygates listens to black/death metal a lot =)

death and thrash actualy....altho very very little black metal is decent :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Emo Girl: "Hey will you take me on a date"
Guy: "No.."
Emo Girl: "afk to slit my wrists"

Thats the usual stereotype.

Zdeath

Banned
Infanity said:
Emo Girl: "Hey will you take me on a date"
Guy: "No.."
Emo Girl: "afk to slit my wrists"

Thats the usual stereotype.

That would be Goths ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
They both suck, same as the music nuff said.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Geeth = slit wrists
Goth = stylish(slightly victorian era) metal people

get it right people.

Zdeath

Banned
old.Tohtori said:
Geeth = slit wrists
Goth = stylish(slightly victorian era) metal people

get it right people.

Dude, no.

Goths are the geezers who run around with coats like Neo and have a knife in their every pocket just incase anybody tells them that their penis is too small.

Not only that, they wear boots that the british used in the first world war.

They take stuff too serious, and too extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom