Embattle

S

Summo

Originally posted by Jas
I paid a shitload for a P4 1.5Ghz a few days after it came out, but I'm looking to upgrade now.

Holy crap! You have a 1.5Ghz CPU and you're looking to upgrade? Good God, man. I have a 900Mhz CPU which I'm perfectly happy with and I won't even think about replacing it for another couple of years. 1.5Ghz is more than enough for anything nowadays unless you're doing some serious number-crunching on very tight SLAs and I just know you're not. ;)

Same goes for your GeForce 2 GTS. Ample, surely? I have a GeForce 2MX and I know that an upgrade would be a luxury (decadent, even) but not necessary in order to play my games at max setting on a reasonable res. May consider an upgrade when Unreal II and DNF are released.

Save your money and buy a soft-top sports car and curling tongs. (More Like Hairdryer ;)) You'll thank me for it. :)

O

old.Jas

Last edited by Embattle on 14-04-02 at 10:33
Whats going on here then?

I am doing some serious number crunching as it happens. Not commercially though.

Anyhow - as for spending money - there is drink and drugs I suppose (I can't drive... yet)

X

Xavier

Originally posted by Super_Gray
lol i paid a shitload for the Asus V7100 GeForce 2 32mb vcard about a month and half ago, for £70, then they bring out the bastard GF4... you could imagine how pissed i was :/

hmm, a month and a half ago was february - don't you read much online? The geforce 4 has been touted on the online press for nearly 4 months.... sheesh!

S

S-Gray

well :p a month ago i didnt know there was live outside the Half Life Forums :p i didnt know there was a Hardware forum i just went on "instinct" but you always find somethin piss when you spend to much money..

F

FuZor

Originally posted by Xavier

hmm, a month and a half ago was february - don't you read much online? The geforce 4 has been touted on the online press for nearly 4 months.... sheesh!

Harsh! heheh

Btw the GF3Ti series was more on the cards back then! GF2 was ageing but Games developers recommended the GF2 GTS as it was ample power and they had only just worked out how to use all the features! In fact the GTS is still going to power nu games pretty well for the near future.

GF2 GTS or GF4 MX? :p

GF2 GTS wins hands down :)

Of course if you got the readies u'd go for the GF 4 Ti4600 ;) I think i'm right in saying the GF3 has the same features, but the GF4 Ti46000 does it Much faster. For a budget card at the mo I'd recommend the GF3 Ti 200, or if you are really strapped the GF2 GTS (not got the features, but still fast)

S

Summo

Originally posted by SomeGuy
Save your money and buy a soft-top sports car and curling tongs. (More Like Hairdryer ;)) You'll thank me for it. :)

Last edited by Xavier on 14-04-02 at 11:15
Damn your abuse of mod powers, Xav! :p

E

Embattle

REEEEEEEEESULT.

It's here and with two differences from the one reviewed so far. The first is the newer Pioneer A04 DVD-RW and a bigger case :)

O

Ono

Is it better than the system Throd got or the same?

X

xane

I got the GeForce 2 GTS (Hercules Prophet II) on the week it came out, £270 or somthing like that !

Card performs well for me, I get reasonable FPS and currently see no reason to change it. 3Dmark2001SE score is a bit low though, mainly because half the tests dont run because the H/W feature is not there, but playing games keeps FPS in the 40-60 FPS range, so no problem.

Only gripe with the original GTS is 32MB VRAM, I may have to change because certain games run a lot better with 64MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom