Audigy Platium
VideoLogic Digi Theatre Speakers
18" Samsung 181T DVI TFT

O

Ono

..... and who is paying for all that shit young man? :eek:

E

Embattle

Me...wish I could say my dad but he wouldn't be that mad ;)

O

Ono

..... and how does a guy working part time at McDonalds manage to save up such sums?

S

S-Gray

still want that computer on sale at Aldi... bah :(!

F

FuZor

Cos he cant afford it?

btw, you should sell him your old rig Embattle ;)

1G of DDR is ALWAYS sweeeeeeeet :D

T

throdgrain

So where you getting that from Embattle ? I may get one too :)

O

Ono

Originally posted by Embattle
evesham.com

I grew up in Evesham. I remember when they were a single small shop selling C64 and Speccy stuff. Use to go in daily to check out the games.

Then they just exploded when the PC era took off. Shame I didn't get on the bandwagon like my brother's mate who worked for them from the beginning. He drives a BMW M5 now if I remember. :(

E

Embattle

They're doing very well atm, as said before it's cheaper me to buy it from them complete than to make it myself.

O

Ono

I went for Mesh when I was PC hunting. evesham were a tag expensive.

Oh, and I actually did have a job interview with them about 10 years ago. But I knew fuck all about PCs (I had an Atari ST);) and therefore didn't get it.

S

S-Gray

lol 'tis true... since i bought this shithole of a computer i cant afford oute :(

if i could win the lottery **dreams**

T

Testin da Cable

looks like a nice system there Embattle :)
be sure to post it's results hehe!

F

FuZor

I have a question. For a gaming PC, assuming you have a kick ass GF4 or Radeon, do you need a really fast cpu? I've got an 1600XP and i'm thinking about upgrading later this year. However can someone tell me if its worth upgrading the CPU? cos meh thinks I should just buy a nu GF4 and leave it at that! I know that some games like Unreal 2 will be more dependant on the cpu rather than the gfx card, but a 1600XP should be ok right?

Super Gray, whats yout system man? probably better than mine! ;)

Meh Spec:

1600XP
512 DDR
60G H/D
GF3 Ti200
Audigy
19" CRT

Plays everything at the mo, meh is purchasing a bigger H/D l8tr :p

T

Testin da Cable

imo your 1600+ should work just fine for the time being. you could try jabbing the FSB to get some extra oomph. remember to keep it as cool as possible heh. if the speed starts to get on your tits think about rotating the cpu out to a mate [who may want one], selling the system, part swapping with someone etc. I usually bump older systems off to mates/family. In a pinch you could put up an ad for it on an auction webby or something.

it's about what you want really: I personally really really like the 800x600 rez. I can run about any game there is with reasonable performance on a 'lesser' system. With the system I have atm I can run just about every game there is at more than that [right now I run 1024x768x32 for games]. Sometimes I hear peeps saying that they run [example] HL on a 1GHz P3 with a gf1 at 1200x1024 yet they bitch about the game being jumpy etc. That's not the way it works heh. If you want uber performance you will need an uber system. if you play online your fps will be limited to a certain maximum value anyway. You should think about that value instead of the theoretical maximum amount of frames you could be getting.

S

S-Gray

if anyones giving this sorta stuff away, i'll be the Oxfam of Computers.. just send it me and i'll use it :D

T

Testin da Cable

I have an old dual-P100. you'll have to come and get it tho

T

throdgrain

I run a p3 1000mhz with a gf3 and get a rock-steady 75 fps (the current refresh) on cs no bother. Mind if you got an athy 1600 its probably knackered by now , which is why you're getting poor performance ;)

O

old.Jas

I paid a shitload for a P4 1.5Ghz a few days after it came out, but I'm looking to upgrade now.

Would I notice much performance difference with a P4 2.2Ghz? Should I wait for some higher speeds to come out?

E

Embattle

A reasonable differenece but in games it depends more on your gfx.

O

old.Jas

Hum... my GeForce 2 GTS 32mb is due an upgrade as well

S

S-Gray

lol i paid a shitload for the Asus V7100 GeForce 2 32mb vcard about a month and half ago, for £70, then they bring out the bastard GF4... you could imagine how pissed i was :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom