Question Elton John become a parent

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
i dont like gays, but i dont have any prob with em.

But i think that the kid has many chances to follow the same sex. with his ''new'' parents.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
gay couples having kids is fine with me tbh. what I *don't* consider fine is that Elton is 63. when his kid is 20, he's going to be 83. surely -and ideally I realize- as a dad you'd want to play footy in the park with your kid without risk of dying?

imo this action is a frivolous and selfish one.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I had this conversation with the guy i work with the other day. His argument was that a child should have a mother figure, if a child has to be adopted then there are more than enough straight couples out there willing to take the child on, very true.

But what about lesbian couples (i think i stumped him on that one) does it matter who raises that child, as long as it is loved and cared for and given a healthy start in life. My workmate is a little homophobic tbh, and he probably thinks a gay coulpe will dress the child in PVC with a cap and stick on a fake moustacshe(sp)

There are also single male parent families that raise children, are they to be told they cant do it cause there is no mother around?

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
gay couples having kids is fine with me tbh. what I *don't* consider fine is that Elton is 63. when his kid is 20, he's going to be 83. surely -and ideally I realize- as a dad you'd want to play footy in the park with your kid without risk of dying?

imo this action is a frivolous and selfish one.

haha dude, i dont think that Elton John can play footy in the park even if nowdays :>

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No problem at all. Kids need a good home, and a good upbringing, nothing else.

Anything else is psycho babble.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It is plain wrong, Elton is an old man living in a fantasy world and that kid is going to have one seriously strange childhood.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't approve, but I wish them well. Hell, its not for me to say they can't have kids. And they might even be fabulous parents. Who knows?

...the kid might end up keeping a low profile, going to uni, become an architect, marry & have a couple of kids and live a normal life

...or he might end up a twisted sonofabitch, pooing on the cenotaph, in all the papers with the usual sex drugs & rock n roll headlines

tierk

Part of the furniture
It is plain wrong, Elton is an old man living in a fantasy world and that kid is going to have one seriously strange childhood.

OK remove Elton John from the picture and consider just a regular gay couple and not over extravagant Queen type like him.

Edmond

But i think that the kid has many chances to follow the same sex. with his ''new'' parents.

If a child is straight then he or she cannot be turned gay (or visa versa) by adopting its parents lifestyle

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh man, this thread is going to be fun. I wonder just how many views that are pure speculation or based on latent homophobia we will see? Place your bets now!

Edmond

I was wondering when Ch3t would arrive...LOL

Now we just need Toht to get out of bed.....let the games commence

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
OK remove Elton John from the picture and consider just a regular gay couple and not over extravagant Queen type like him.

63 years old mate, it is wrong. The lifestyle, the pressure, Eltons legendary mood swings and temper. I don't give a fuck if they are gay, old men should not be allowed to buy babies.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah there are lots of people that shouldn't have kids - but lots that do anyway.

Stop morons breeding first, deal with 63 year old crazies later :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What about Madonna? She's mid 50s. She's not exactly even tempered or normal is she? It it OK for her to buy babies?

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Lamp m8 i think there is a huge difference between 50 and 63..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What about Madonna? She's mid 50s. She's not exactly even tempered or normal is she? It it OK for her to buy babies?

Nope and if you go back through the threads you will see I wasn't happy about that nutter buying babies either. :D

Honestly, kids need a somewhat normal enviroment to grow up but with loving parents you can make it work. Elton being 63 though is never going to help, his is a nasty grumpy fucker at the best of times and his diva strops are beyond a joke. Any young kid exposed to that and the media spotlight is going to struggle. I worry that when the kid is 7 Elton with be 70, Furnish will be 55, how the fuck can they connect with that kid in any meaningful way? They are almost old enough to be his great grandparents for godsake. It is a fashionable thing to do and they have gone ahead with it, now that poor kid will have to be raised by hired help, tragic.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh and at least the nappy changes won't be a problem, both of them are more than used to cleaning shit out from under thier fingernails. :D

tierk

Part of the furniture
63 years old mate, it is wrong. The lifestyle, the pressure, Eltons legendary mood swings and temper. I don't give a fuck if they are gay, old men should not be allowed to buy babies.

I might have made a mistake linking the Elton John story as it seems to be the only thing on your mind. It was a example and not the only point of discussion.

What about regular gay couples? Not famous, not rich and not 50+ years old?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I might have made a mistake linking the Elton John story as it seems to be the only thing on your mind. It was a example and not the only point of discussion.

What about regular gay couples? Not famous, not rich and not 50+ years old?

Under 40 or even up to 45 mebbe I could not really argue with because it is commonplace already and is working for alot of people, would it be a childhood I would be happy with? Probably not but but then I am a 35 year old man with very specific views on what a family is and how children should be raised.

Have said it before, I do have issues with older people having children in general, not just gay couples. I see it as an extremely selfish thing to do, how can someone who is 50 when the child is born connect with a young child on the level that you need to if you are going to build a healthy relationship? The parent is a pensioner before the child even leaves school, the generation gap is so large that even things like music become a massive barrier to overcome. Then you have the abuse the child will recieve from peers, they will almost all have have grandmothers younger than that childs parents. Not even mentioning what happens when the parents pass away at the average age of mid-70's.

Just doesn't seem right to me, is all about what the parents want and not about what is good for the child.

tierk

Part of the furniture
I will, i am sure get slaughtered for my point of view, however, i firmly believe that it is completely wrong to allow gay couples - Lesbian or homosexuals - to adopt kids.

I can understand and respect the fact that they are gay and are entitled to live a life of their choice but in no way would i condone them having children or bringing children up.

I know it happens and as Ed rightly points out the lines get even more blurred when you talk about Lesbians but i am still old fashioned in this sense.

The age factor in Elton Johns case is a massive negative but i wouldnt agree to him adopting period even if he wanted to do it 30 years ago.

*****EDIT*****

Now i am ready for all the abuse but beware i am at work and cant respond to each and every post.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I will, i am sure get slaughtered for my point of view, however, i firmly believe that it is completely wrong to allow gay couples - Lesbian or homosexuals - to adopt kids.

I can understand and respect the fact that they are gay and are entitled to live a life of their choice but in no way would i condone them having children or bringing children up.

I know it happens and as Ed rightly points out the lines get even more blurred when you talk about Lesbians but i am still old fashioned in this sense.

You won't get a hard time from me, I accept that it happens and in some cases works but I still see it as less than ideal and also I do not like the idea of people buying babies in general anyway. Be it through foreign adoption or surrogacy as both can be used a way of circumventing any checks and measures designed to protect who children are given to.

This is extreme but think along these lines. Imagine if Gary Glitter had never been exposed as a paedophile, now in his mid-60's he decided to pay a surrogate mother to have a baby girl for him and his partner. If we didn't have a clue about his fucked up sexual tendencies would it really be seen differently than the Elton John story? Especially if his partner was a much younger woman?

I am not saying Elton is like that by the way, not at all. Just using it to point out the dangers out allowing people to buy babies through a system than can not be regulated properly.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Gay couples yes, oddball 63 year olds no.

However, this wasn't rent a child like Madonna, this was surrogacy. There is no law against people having children at any age, he could have boffed the house cleaner and then looked after the child, if he was straight and not famous there wouldn't even be a story.

Everz

FH is my second home
Sure let them have it. Some would probably make better parents then any straight couples.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Gay couples yes, oddball 63 year olds no.

However, this wasn't rent a child like Madonna, this was surrogacy. There is no law against people having children at any age, he could have boffed the house cleaner and then looked after the child, if he was straight and not famous there wouldn't even be a story.

The system is wrong, it wasn't rent a child it was buy a child through an unregulated system. How do we ensure that sick fuckers are not buying children if we allow such a system to exist without proper rules? It just seems altogether too easy, if Elton wanted a baby and couldn't adopt because of his age then maybe he should think about why he was denied the right rather than look for ways to get around the rules.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It's not a perfect situation but it'd be better than a single parent.

Himse

FH is my second home
Some kids who aren't babies, actually ask not to have a female figure after previous bad experiences.

Agree with whoever said Elton won't be able to have a kick about with the kid though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom