Elections

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Who did you (postal) vote for? Or if you aren't voting, why not?

I voted for North West Candidates Politics Without Parties JURY TEAM

Partly because the views of their candidates roughly mirror some of my own, but also because I'm not a believe in the automatic 'vote for 1 of 3' that most people in this country idly follow.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I didn't vote.

It was my way of protesting.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well why not spoil your ballot paper then? Very easy to do, and much more of a protest.

old.user4556

I think because I would already have wasted too much time in doing that.

Will

/bin/su
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm going to actually go into the polling station.

Will

/bin/su
The Jury Team website really doesn't tell me enough about the candidates in my areas views to make me want to vote for them. I'll probably vote either SNP or Lib Dem.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be voting if anything because I want Labour to come 4th, which would set off a labour civil war and blood letting resulting in the removal of Brown(prat) to be replaced by Alan Johnson and a general election, I hope...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm normally a polling station voter, although this time will probably abstain from voting due to various reasons.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well I can't use the polling station, I'm away on the day of the election.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Not allowed to vote for the UK parlement as I left the UK 28 years ago ;)
Couldnt vote in the Netherlands caus I wasnt a Dutch national.

but for some reason I am able to vote for the Irish parlement after 2.5 years here... still doesnt make sense.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
For those that aren't voting for whatever reason, kindly keep your mouth shut in future when something political happens that you don't like.
You've got a chance to make your voice heard.
If you don't use it, then you're accepting the result by default.

I'll be voting UKIP for this European election and Conservative at the next General Election. I have yet to meet a single person who says they'll be voting Labour. They're either keeping their head down and staying quiet, or they have finally realised that Labour have been chipping away at personal responsibility and liberties for the last 12 years and it's finally gone too far.

One politician said "The bloodbath has to stop"...

Not yet thanks. I'm enjoying my feeling of schadenfreude. :flame:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
for those that aren't voting for whatever reason, kindly keep your mouth shut in future when something political happens that you don't like.

qft

Apathy is what got Labour into power.

I will also be voting UKIP. I am not against Europe, I believe that if we were given a real voice and our (as a country) views were taken seriously, along with every other member state then it would be a much better thing to be part of. As they have proved though, they do not want it to be democratic or fair so I would like to help in any way that I can to get us the fuck out of it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not allowed to vote for the UK parlement as I left the UK 28 years ago ;)
Couldnt vote in the Netherlands caus I wasnt a Dutch national.

but for some reason I am able to vote for the Irish parlement after 2.5 years here... still doesnt make sense.

You should have been able to vote in Holland. Anywhere in the EU you just need to be a resident (e.g. have a social security number) and then you can vote in the local country.

I haven't got around to registering to vote in Ireland, so I'll miss out here, and I'm probably no longer registered back in the UK. Not that I understand the Irish political system anyway, other than its even more bent than the UK system, but mercifully doesn't contain as many Big Brother elements either. I only discovered they have Senators here when I saw it on one of the rash of election boards that have appeared on every lamp post in Dublin over the last few weeks.

TBH I still want to vote in the UK rather than Ireland, and I need get myself sorted out by general election time.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I'll not vote at all, I have lost all faith in the political system.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
For those that aren't voting for whatever reason, kindly keep your mouth shut in future when something political happens that you don't like.

So not voting in one local/euro election, but voting in all the others means I can no longer discuss politics? What a stupid thing to say.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'd like to vote for a decent Euro MP but not seen any good candidates yet - the UKIP Party Political broadcast was pretty much the same as a BNP one!

Lots of immigrant bashing so they can have my vote when hell freezes over - I'd like to vote for 'None of the above!' please.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'd like to vote for a decent Euro MP but not seen any good candidates yet - the UKIP Party Political broadcast was pretty much the same as a BNP one!

Lots of immigrant bashing so they can have my vote when hell freezes over - I'd like to vote for 'None of the above!' please.

I wouldn't go near UKIP on the principal that they were previously involved with Kilroy, let alone all that ridiculous anti-immigration crap.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I have no idea who I'm going to vote for except it wont be labour, conservative or lib dem ( I think lib dems would be in some ways worse than labour for nannyism/bad tax policy ).

Not sure who to protest vote.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
You could always write "Joanna Lumley" on the ballot paper!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm half thinking about a write in vote for Jeremy Clarkson.

old.user4556

Zenith, usually you post some decent stuff here, but what you just said is the stuff of fucktards. I'm with Wazz.

It's a democracy, I have the freedom to vote, or not to vote. If I don't agree with any of the parties, I chose to vote by not voting in protest. That doesn't mean I can't discuss politics.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If you abrogate your right to vote you give up your right to bitch and moan about the decisions they make.

You can spoil your ballot in protest, vote for the dickgirls party, whatever but non participation is delinquent.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
You should have been able to vote in Holland. Anywhere in the EU you just need to be a resident (e.g. have a social security number) and then you can vote in the local country.

TBH I still want to vote in the UK rather than Ireland, and I need get myself sorted out by general election time.

No for Holland. I could and vote for the town council, province council but that was it.

As for the Irish voting system its a mystery, if you have done uni your vote counts for more for the senate.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No for Holland. I could and vote for the town council, province council but that was it.

As for the Irish voting system its a mystery, if you have done uni your vote counts for more for the senate.

Sorry, that's definitely wrong. Its a fundamental EU thing. You do have to get a Dutch residents' permit, but after that you should be at the same level as any other cloggie.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Zenith, usually you post some decent stuff here, but what you just said is the stuff of fucktards. I'm with Wazz.

It's a democracy, I have the freedom to vote, or not to vote. If I don't agree with any of the parties, I chose to vote by not voting in protest. That doesn't mean I can't discuss politics.

Wouldn't you agree though that a more potent protest is made by spoiling your paper?

It shows that you want to be a willing participant in the process, but that you think they're a load of wankers. Otherwise it could be supposed that you basically have no interest in how your country is run.

old.user4556

Not really, it's called abstination and I'm absolutely entitled to do it in a democracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom