• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Embattle

FH is my second home
I dunno, I think the Tories have done a great job of making the masses uninterested.

If a fucking prime minister says 'nothing to see here' you don't need Labour to tear them a new one, the public should be doing that.

It is one of those odd situations I find myself both annoyed by it but also annoyed by the amount of noise is being made about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He isn't. He is as much use as the rest of the opposition. Points scoring rather than politicking

Useless opposition leaves the Tories to run riot, as has been proven since forever.
If presiding over the unncecessary deaths of 130,000+ people whilst spunking our money on their mates doesn't convince Tory voters that they're an incompetent shower of criminal wankers then no amount of politiking will.

I mean, month-on-month that's more deadly than WW2. And nobody was even shooting at us.

And yet, they're increasing in the polls? You can't blame any of that on the opposition. Only on the British public for being dumb as two short planks.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just as I bet you can't wait to hear my thoughts as a Tory voter on this one!

Flat Refurbishment - as long as they taxpayer isn't paying I'm struggling to get too bothered about this, other than the fact that Carrie clearly has Boris' testicles in a jar on the mantelpiece.

Hancock sorting his mates out - dodgy as hell. I get why they relaxed procurement rules back in March 2020 considering the urgency and how slow Public Sector procurement tends to work, but what they did with this new found freedom showed the kind of chap Hancock is. Throw in the order to send patients out of hospital into care homes without a test (probably killed 20k plus) I'd happily see the smarmy twat do jail time. Saw a good quote about him on Twitter actually - he's like the candidate that gets kicked out of The Apprentice first but ends up running the entire company.

Dyson - I'm on Dyson's side for this one - he donated £20 million of his own cash to the ventilator project, and just asked if any staff coming back to the UK to help out in their hour of need could avoid a tax bill - considering the situation I have no issue there.

"Let the bodies pile high" - clearly hyperbole said in the heat of the moment, and good to see there is still some libertarianism in him - just a shame Carrie has his bollocks.

Keir picking out wallpaper - yeah nice one dude, that will really resonate with the Red Wall.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I dunno, I think the Tories have done a great job of making the masses uninterested.

If a fucking prime minister says 'nothing to see here' you don't need Labour to tear them a new one, the public should be doing that.

You need the press to do it, otherwise the majority of the public won't know or care. That's part of the opposition's job. Starmer is fucking useless. I voted for Lisa Nandy in the elections and I think she would be absolutely destroying the Tories here.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You need the press to do it, otherwise the majority of the public won't know or care. That's part of the opposition's job. Starmer is fucking useless. I voted for Lisa Nandy in the elections and I think she would be absolutely destroying the Tories here.

The majority of our press is pro Tory. I've even noticed the BBC has taken a more pro Tory approach.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well, their boss is a Tory.
Laura K reports the bullshit they leak to her like a faithful pigeon. Utterly useless.

/edit: Although my dad, bless him, still goes on about what a bunch of loony lefties the BBC are. He doesn't watch it. That's just what he reads in the Daily Mail :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Flat Refurbishment - as long as they taxpayer isn't paying I'm struggling to get too bothered about this
So, Mr Tory Donor, I want a new fireplace and a kitchen. £200,000. I'm a bit short on funds. Would you mind ponying up?

Of course, none of this will get you preferential treatment, of course... 😉 😉

If that doesn't boil your piss as open corruption, I don't know what possibly could. Carry on Tory Boy. Anyone would think you were the recipient of some of the funds the way you lap from Tory teet.

Bodhi

So, Mr Tory Donor, I want a new fireplace and a kitchen. £200,000. I'm a bit short on funds. Would you mind ponying up?

Of course, none of this will get you preferential treatment, of course... 😉 😉

If that doesn't boil your piss as open corruption, I don't know what possibly could. Carry on Tory Boy. Anyone would think you were the recipient of some of the funds the way you lap from Tory teet.

It's hardly a Tory only view:

View: https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1387793019781398534?s=20

Personally I'm a bit more interested in when we're getting our freedoms back and clearing out the end of the pandemic we've just been through, we can bicker about curtains after that point.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Well, their boss is a Tory.
The majority of our press is pro Tory. I've even noticed the BBC has taken a more pro Tory approach.
Chairman of the BBC is a Tory donor.

The press is generally pro Tory, that doesn't mean they're incapable of holding them to account. Part of the oppositions job is to be heaping the pressure on them to do so.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Laura K reports the bullshit they leak to her like a faithful pigeon. Utterly useless.

/edit: Although my dad, bless him, still goes on about what a bunch of loony lefties the BBC are. He doesn't watch it. That's just what he reads in the Daily Mail :)

I seen the BBC get it from both sides, must be doing it right then.

Bodhi

File that one away under "things that didn't happen".

I'll tell you what did happen - I still had that tweet on the clipboard when raising a server build ticket and pasted it without checking, and now I've got some dude asking me what Keir Starmer has to do with SQL Servers.

Winning.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'll tell you what did happen - I still had that tweet on the clipboard when raising a server build ticket and pasted it without checking, and now I've got some dude asking me what Keir Starmer has to do with SQL Servers.

Winning.

Apparently he is JOINING the two sides of the party together.

Christ surely I can do better than that.

Edit - Something about a SELECT committee maybe?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Astonishing.

They could campain on a platform of hitting puppies in the face with lump hammers and the british public would lap it up.

Are we all now so near the breadline that we're terrified of losing a bit more or something?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
lhsn4yz5arw61.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's pretty obvious he needs to go.

He won't though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've long since come to the conclusion the great British public are suffering from a collective Stockholm Syndrome; there's no other logical reason why you keep voting for your captors.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair, what has the choice been?

The problem is at local level, nobody is interested because that is how they have been conditioned, there is no other realistic option and there hasn't been since Blair, who also happened to be a cunt but at least he got the electorate semi interested.

It's stupid that any old cunt can rock up to a safe seat and win it.

I know it's only parish council, but I have essentially won my seat because not enough candidates came forward. Technically I am elected but might as well remain co-opted.

Edit and to go down to left and right wing politics, the right at least promises and deliveres continued employment, which is all most of us care about.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've long since come to the conclusion the great British public are suffering from a collective Stockholm Syndrome; there's no other logical reason why you keep voting for your captors.

I'm not sure, to me there is a total a lack of the ability to truly take a moral stand without looking like hypocrite when it comes to MPs and thus the argument returns to the basic one....who do you trust more with the economy.

To be fair, what has the choice been?

The problem is at local level, nobody is interested because that is how they have been conditioned, there is no other realistic option and there hasn't been since Blair, who also happened to be a cunt but at least he got the electorate semi interested.

I know it's only parish council, but I have essentially won my seat because not enough candidates came forward. Technically I am elected but might as well remain co-opted.

Edit and to go down to left and right wing politics, the right at least promises and deliveres continued employment, which is all most of us care about.

Personally for the Police and Crime commissioner down here in Devon I put my first choice as someone who is technically a Labour rep with my second going to a Lib rep. On the local election side of things my vote went to a independent.

In the end the destruction of trust results in voter apathy.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Yep. I live in one of the safest Labour seats in the country and my MP has literally done nothing ever. I joined the party a couple of years ago to try and get more involved, lasted about 6 months as it was full of absolute cunts.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
People aren't engaged in local politics. The number of times I read on Facebook people complaining about the council not spending money on whatever, and not understanding it's largely due to massive central government cuts....

Most people have no idea who any of their local councillors are. They think that to get the bins emptied they need to contact their MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom