• Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair he does sound a cunt.

Would also like to know who 'they' are though, the voices again?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They're very sorry and lets draw a line in it and move on.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Economic hardship is a great time for a few to prosper.

Especially when your Government is corrupt as fuck.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
spnyjmdvzwi51.jpg

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think Tories had thicker skin in the 80s when spitting image was on.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Because that is all Tories do now. Well, aside from fucking everyone over.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Johnson is so bad the Speaker had to remind him to answer the question posed to him. Twice. Then he also needed reminding to address Starmer's request to retract what he'd said.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Tories literally don't give a fuck any more.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not really. There is nothing wrong with patriotism, the problem is nationalism.

Gwadien

Not really. There is nothing wrong with patriotism, the problem is nationalism.

Tomato tomato tbh.

It's all about the definitions; if it was about us being a welfare state with the glorious NHS, contributing to international causes and allowing people from war torn countries to come here for safety, for sure, I'm all for it.

But Patriotism/Nationalism for those that believe in it, it's the opposite of all the above.

Keep Britun brutush.

Covid has brought all this to the forefront, I'm finding the people that describe theirselves as 'patriots' are the ones who are complaining about the lockdown & restrictions. Not giving a fuck about their fellow countrymen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tomato tomato tbh.
Disagree quite strongly Gwad.

Detail is really important. There's a reason we have two different words for Patriotism and Nationalism - and it's because they're two different things.

Nationalists can be patriots, but not all patriots are nationalists. Draw the venn diagram.

You really need to focus on the semantics a bit more m8.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I absolutely love my country. There is nothing more beautiful to me than places like the lake district, North Yorkshire, the coast. Even around here, some amazing forest. We have an extremely diverse culture through millennia of, sometimes, mass immigration, something that we can be proud of.

If you're going to start hating your country for the bad shit it's done (and frankly, how many countries don't have some dark shit in their past?!) then you also need to recognise the good it has done, gains in technology, science, computing, culture, art. We have defended freedom at a huge cost to ourselves.

Currently we are lost, we had a massive hand in destabilising the middle east, entering illegal wars, creating 'The war on Terror™' that has created so much anxiety and mistrust of 'foreigners' We have well and truly fucked Brexit, I didn't want Brexit and I didn't vote for it but it was what it was, we had to get the best outcome that we could but that went south alarmingly fast. We have fucked Covid by flip flopping about and corruption. If we aren't on top of this shit by Spring next year I genuinely think there is going to be real civil unrest.

I think over the next decade there is going to be a lot of soul searching for lots of reasons but I think we will come out the other end better.

So yeah, fuck it, make Britain Great again. It certainly isn't at the moment.

Gwadien

Disagree quite strongly Gwad.

Detail is really important. There's a reason we have two different words for Patriotism and Nationalism - and it's because they're two different things.

Nationalists can be patriots, but not all patriots are nationalists. Draw the venn diagram.

You really need to focus on the semantics a bit more m8.

Condescending much?, m8?

Gwadien

Anyway. When we've scrapped the nhs and are blowing up migrants in the channel, I can't wait for it to be considered patriotic.

Gwadien

I absolutely love my country. There is nothing more beautiful to me than places like the lake district, North Yorkshire, the coast. Even around here, some amazing forest. We have an extremely diverse culture through millennia of, sometimes, mass immigration, something that we can be proud of.

If you're going to start hating your country for the bad shit it's done (and frankly, how many countries don't have some dark shit in their past?!) then you also need to recognise the good it has done, gains in technology, science, computing, culture, art. We have defended freedom at a huge cost to ourselves.

Currently we are lost, we had a massive hand in destabilising the middle east, entering illegal wars, creating 'The war on Terror™' that has created so much anxiety and mistrust of 'foreigners' We have well and truly fucked Brexit, I didn't want Brexit and I didn't vote for it but it was what it was, we had to get the best outcome that we could but that went south alarmingly fast. We have fucked Covid by flip flopping about and corruption. If we aren't on top of this shit by Spring next year I genuinely think there is going to be real civil unrest.

I think over the next decade there is going to be a lot of soul searching for lots of reasons but I think we will come out the other end better.

So yeah, fuck it, make Britain Great again. It certainly isn't at the moment.

I don't hate our country, as much as you would like to think I do.

But I think I like it for different reasons that people that beat their chests and cry whilst singing the national anthem do, those reasons are listed in my 2nd post.

Labour absolutely are going to swing hard to the right, because that's how they lost so many votes, because they weren't appealing to the base like the Tories were with fears of immigration etc..

They're just going to copy the same approach as the Tories, because it's been proven to work. As I say, it won't be a glorification of the NHS or our welfare state, it'll be darker things from the past that we want to try and re-create in a super duper post brexit UK.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Condescending much?, m8?
Oh do fuck off.

Standard response when someone's been a bit of a dickhead and has this pointed out clearly too them is "don't be condescending".

Try this: Reword the above "you're wrong, and this is why" in a way people won't be a butthurt snowflake about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom