Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Wouldn't normal peccy and an octane booster be more frugal @Raven ? What car is it?

Stage 2 VXR, it hates anything but the fancy stuff, a tank will last me a month as I don't do much mileage, just annoys me.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Stage 2 VXR, it hates anything but the fancy stuff, a tank will last me a month as I don't do much mileage, just annoys me.
What annoys me more is if you do zero miles you still have to pay the monthly fee for tax. Like if you use zero energy in your house you still have to pay the standing charge. None of these encourages people to be environmentally sound. But that's ok, government can say it encourages policies to save the planet and still get its pound of flesh. Boils my piss.

I bet your car is about £40 a month in tax is it?

Embattle

FH is my second home
When we initially got our smart meter working I couldn't work out even though we were purely using the energy from our solar panels and Powerwall and nothing from the grid why we kept seeing a charge on it, then I remembered the standing charge.

Trem

When we initially got our smart meter working I couldn't work out even though we were purely using the energy from our solar panels and Powerwall and nothing from the grid why we kept seeing a charge on it, then I remembered the standing charge.
It's why I'm not going down that route. Give me a company with no standing charge and I'll seriously consider solar. There is probably a lot of people like me.

It's robbery. We're now paying for the failure of Ofgem to regulate correctly via higher standing charges.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It's why I'm not going down that route. Give me a company with no standing charge and I'll seriously consider solar. There is probably a lot of people like me.

It's robbery. We're now paying for the failure of Ofgem to regulate correctly via higher standing charges.

There are still massive savings in having solar, standing charge or not.

Trem

There are still massive savings in having solar, standing charge or not.
It's the principle of it. I would want to use solar/battery to the maximum to avoid giving those bastards my money. But I'd still be giving them my money.....

All Sunak had to do was eradicate the standing charge if they are genuine about the environment/helping people. That should have been the very first measure.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Blows my mind that the Government is encouraging them to accept a 15% pay rise.

But when it comes to other jobs (Nhs, schools etc) it's like ooo our final offer is a 0.12% pay rise.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Mainly because juniors are so under paid they don't manage minimum wage:

He said barristers had suffered an average fall of 28% in their real earnings since 2006 and juniors in their first three years of practice earned a median income of just £12,200, which is below the minimum wage.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

But when it comes to other jobs (Nhs, schools etc) it's like ooo our final offer is a 0.12% pay rise.

Thankfully it is spreading to other industries. Summer of discontent 2. The Tories are finished.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

They froze pay for ages, and are now offering 15%, but only starting at the end of 2023, so 7.5% this year and next, while inflation will eat that up and it'll be another pay cut in real terms.

Imagine if your pay got frozen for 3 years, then they said we'll give you 15% but starting in 2 years time during rampant inflation so lol actually you're on less money than you were 5 years ago.

Gwadien

They froze pay for ages, and are now offering 15%, but only starting at the end of 2023, so 7.5% this year and next, while inflation will eat that up and it'll be another pay cut in real terms.

Imagine if your pay got frozen for 3 years, then they said we'll give you 15% but starting in 2 years time during rampant inflation so lol actually you're on less money than you were 5 years ago.

yeah, imagine...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The conservatives are massive cunts, who would've thought.

Trem

The conservatives are massive cunts, who would've thought.
This bunch really are a next level of cunt though. Each one of them a multi millionaire, clearly in it for themselves, it's never been so obvious. Previous cunts at least tried to hide it a little. I mean, if you tried to hide it you wouldn't wheel out Rees-Mogg!

Even Thatchers government had a couple of (supposedly) decent people.

Gwadien

Can someone explain the logic of protesting expensive fuel by going out and protesting whilst using expensive fuel?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Can someone explain the logic of protesting expensive fuel by going out and protesting whilst using expensive fuel?

The fact that Greta Thunberg eats food, that was farmed, will blow your mind.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
This sort of stuff is an appeal to saintlihood - unless you're a fucking angel who's never done anything wrong I'm going to ignore your argument and call you a cunt.

Thing is - if you are an angel people will ignore you anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom