Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Embattle

FH is my second home

I'm sure there are many legal and technical reasons why this can't be done but isn't it about time to change the system, in essence allow those who want to turn up and vote to actually do so without one party of another stopping the whole process.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

I'm sure there are many legal and technical reasons why this can't be done but isn't it about time to change the system, in essence allow those who want to turn up and vote to actually do so without one party of another stopping the whole process.
They would rather be kingmakers in London when votes are tight than 2nd player in NI

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
PPE bollocks.

Prison, for the lot of them.

...and I wouldn't really that bothered if we made a special case for hanging, either.

At least, confiscation of ALL assets, redistributed to the NHS.

Embattle

FH is my second home
That Michelle Mone interview really wasn't going to ever help, it's a bad case of the prince Andrew's.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I wonder if she threatened journalists with legal action for reporting the truth, to "protect her family".

To be fair, I would like to see if they actually delivered what was ordered. Because if they did, it would show that this government has yet again fucked up.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wonder if she threatened journalists with legal action for reporting the truth, to "protect her family".

To be fair, I would like to see if they actually delivered what was ordered. Because if they did, it would show that this government has yet again fucked up.

Oh, they didn't fuck up. This was entirely deliberate.

Gray

FH is my second home
20231221_095820.jpg

I seen them post this a day or two ago, looks like they've had a massive backlash against it and subsequently deleted the post.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
View attachment 48496

I seen them post this a day or two ago, looks like they've had a massive backlash against it and subsequently deleted the post.
It's because there was a "Network North" logo at the bottom of the image (not visible in the above screenshot) and there was understandably confusion, anger and laughter in equal measure at the thought of money saved by axing HS2 - earmarked to great fanfare for spending on improving infrastructure up north - being used to fill in pot holes in London.

GByfB0MXMAAtFB0

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's because there was a "Network North" logo at the bottom of the image (not visible in the above screenshot) and there was understandably confusion, anger and laughter in equal measure at the thought of money saved by axing HS2 - earmarked to great fanfare for spending on improving infrastructure up north - being used to fill in pot holes in London.

GByfB0MXMAAtFB0
lol - how fucking tone deaf is that :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Using capital funding on a maintenance programme. What a load of twats.

HS2 would significantly reduce the roads maintenance budget. But these people are a load of fucking wankers without a clue.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I like to think that the blokes on the ad are northerners, tugging their forelocks, and coming down south to repair the roads of their betters.

"No sir, we're dead chuffed to fix yer roads. We don't need owt ourselves sir. We gorra new tin bath last year. That's more'un we could've 'oped for sir."

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I like to think that the blokes on the ad are northerners, tugging their forelocks, and coming down south to repair the roads of their betters.

"No sir, we're dead chuffed to fix yer roads. We don't need owt ourselves sir. We gorra new tin bath last year. That's more'un we could've 'oped for sir."
They are probably on their way to Rwanda by now

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Shops will be getting smashed up by the end of Jan.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if the Tories used a public uprising as a reason to delay the election, that even the most deluded of Tories now knows, will be a complete failure, that will likely lead to the party splitting down the middle.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Shops will be getting smashed up by the end of Jan.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if the Tories used a public uprising as a reason to delay the election, that even the most deluded of Tories now knows, will be a complete failure, that will likely lead to the party splitting down the middle.

Looks like they are more likely to bring it forward to avoid even more bad news being hung round their necks.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've noticed shit rags have stepped up the Starmer smears in the last few days, you can always tell when there is an election getting closer because they always smear the party that doesn't financially benefit them the most.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've noticed shit rags have stepped up the Starmer smears in the last few days, you can always tell when there is an election getting closer because they always smear the party that doesn't financially benefit them the most.
Don't know why they're smears. Starmer's backtracked on everything that got him elected. He's a Tory:

Four years ago, when campaigning to be leader, Sir Keir said he wanted a new law "that said military action could be taken if first the lawful case for it was made, secondly there was a viable objective and thirdly you got the consent of the Commons".

Could easily have applied to the airstrikes.

1) Convene Parliament
2) Set case
3) Vote

If the legal position is as cut and dry as everyone's saying then it could easily be done in less than 24 hours. The case for airstrikes would require limited discussion.

Frankly, if we'd put it in front of parliament, there'd have been a good chance that they'd have voted not to airstrike. Optics alone has made it a poor decision, never mind the fact that it's unlikely to yeild any tangible results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom