eee pc (xandros os) tytn II help

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You can use tytn II as a wifi thingy for the eee pc to connect to so it can surf the net however I can not seem to make it work... I have read as much as I can on the net about this but my ickle brain just doesn't work that way.

Can anyone help me by putting the instructions in a tech for n00b language purlease ;/?

G

one for Kryten i think Laura, but i suppose you want to connect the linux pc to the windows mobile device to use its gprs/3g/edge/wireless connection connection to surf ?

htc website for tytn 2 shizzle for wireless

why cant you use a usb wireless dongle to connect to te net, or do you want it do connect to the net outside the house??

Yoni

I dont need any dongle when i am in the house they both connect to wireless just fine. When I am on the train I want to connect my eee pc to my phone so I can surf on there.

G

using the trains wireless network or the phones gprs/3g connection ?

htc website for using the phone ??

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
A vague and jumbled reply as I have no idea about your system and its a long time since I have messed. On systems I have done this you have to change the way of connecting to the net on the pc to bluetooth modem, you then have to enter a number to dial that is specific to your phone network, is this a PAN thing or not?

Actually it may be better to ignore what I have just said.

:(

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Yoni

As luck would have it, I just happened across a free application for Windows Mobile that should be just what you need. WMWifiRouter installs on your phone and allows other devices to use the data connection via WiFi. I cannot vouch for the software, and it's still under development, but it may be worth checking out (plus the added benefit is there's no compatability problems with the EeePC's OS, since the software is based on your phone).

Kind regards

Kryten

Old Cow.
One of the few things I've never dabbled with, unfortunately Brooky.
However the EEE laptop intrigues me muchly and I look forward to receiving one to play with :D

Yoni

Jonty I have the software installed on my phone however I cant seem to get it to connect to the eeepc :/ if you find anything that simple mind like mine can understand then it would be appreciated as I have looked without success.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Yoni

Sorry there's no joy :( Sadly my smartphone doesn't have WiFi so I can't personally test things, but if I come across anything else then I'll let you know.

Kind regards

Jonty

P.S. Modaco and other such places have knowledgeable people on their forums; maybe they can help?

Tilda

The best place to ask is probably the eeeuser.com forums, they have a really helpful bunch of people who might know a bit more about the eeepc than FH regulars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom