Edinburgh DAoC meet 28th June

F

Flimgoblin

Repost with a sensible title ;)

Not organising anything big.. and it's fairly short notice so I don't imagine anyone would want to fly over from anywhere foreign...

but if ye come to Frankenstiens in Edinburgh (on George IV bridge) on 28th of June (that's a week on saturday) there should be some random daoc folks there.

If anyone wants I can post directions from the station or whatever...

Post here if you fancy coming :)

Meeting 3pm in Frankenstiens - it gets very busy later on so we'll move to the Tron for 7pm, and possibly the Holyrood Tavern after if the Tron gets crap ;)

Map: http://www.roguishness.com/daoc/img/edinmap.jpg

Directions: From the station leave via the south exit towards Fleshmarket Close. Climb up the steps onto Cockburn street and farther up to the Royal Mile.

For Frankensteins: Turn right and walk up the royal mile and turn left onto George IV bridge. Frankensteins is about 2m walk down that street on the right hand side of the road.

For the Tron: From Cockburn street just walk straight ahead to find Hunter's Square - the Tron is on the south side of the square and should be fairly hard to miss :)

If anyone has anything daoc-ish they could bring to this it'd be handy for random stragglers to be able to recognise you :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Hehe... as said on original thread... will check :)

(Couldn't you just have edited the thread title?)

If there's pubs between Waverly station and Frankie's I might struggle to actually get there though.

Any Albs along have to promise not to whine about insta stun and mez though :D

Hmmm.... I know some rather ewul drinking games...

C

ChillyDawg

do you KNOw what you have just DONE? all the Evul 'burgers will come out from their sun-starved rooms and venture into a naturally lit room with "other people". Most will get a bit jittery and leave quickly to return to emain, others with simply lose the plot wreakign havok (on what they think are the blue con patrons of the pub) when in fact teir very realm and most likely very purple con.

Take some pictures wanna see the pale faces and staring eyes.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
(Couldn't you just have edited the thread title?)

If there's pubs between Waverly station and Frankie's I might struggle to actually get there though.
(can't - doesn't change it on the main index bit :()

depends on the route you take ... only one vodka bar that's closed that time of night... and scruffy murphys... but by then you can see frankie's so you might just make it.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by ChillyDawg

Take some pictures wanna see the pale faces and staring eyes.

but preferably with less shaky hands than mr Rayzor at the HG meet :) (spose he actually remembered to take some pictures at least though...)

S

Sibanac

been looking for an excuse to take a long weekend .... whats the closest airport ?

R

Roo Stercogburn

Strangely enough, Edinburgh Airport :D

V

Vetinarious

Might be able to be there myself Flim, heading down to get a new Tat on either the 28th or the following weekend.

Will let you know as soon as the missus deems fit to inform me.

George IV Bridge, that's the one just up from the Grassmarket, yes?

Cheers,

Vet.

S

Sibanac

Strangely enough, Edinburgh Airport :D

hmm should have guessed now to find a cheap airline

ryan air, virgin express and SNbrussels dont fly there, easy jet does but not from belgium... this is tooo complicated

R

Roo Stercogburn

Looks like am clear for the 28th.

I could do a pickup at the airport in the RooMobile on the way into Edinburgh rather than getting the train but that means crashing somewhere overnight.

Lots of Travel Inns and stuff in Edinburgh though, I'll have a look.

F

Flimgoblin

there's 5 holiday inns... and a bzillion other hotels... for those on a really small budget there's also the youth hostel on cockburn street.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Sibanac
hmm should have guessed now to find a cheap airline

ryan air, virgin express and SNbrussels dont fly there, easy jet does but not from belgium... this is tooo complicated

Moody took the 17 hour ferry *winces* from Zeebrugge... arrives in rosyth just over the forth from edinburgh.

Bit of a travel though.

R

Roo Stercogburn

What about Glasgow Airport Sib? Again, transport can be sorted ;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

I think the BW server lagged. I was still connecting to other sites fine, but cancelled the update each time thinking it wasn't happening. Between re-posting, refreshed a separate browser window to check it hadn't updated to save double posting.

Ah well, it gives people a chance to be smart arses ;)

F

Flimgoblin

yeah I have that - it usually takes about 5m before it untangles itself from whatever it was doing and posts...

course if ye've posted 5 times in those 5m..

S

SilverHood

Roo, just delete the extra posts (edit) and you can look like a smart-ass (tm) while the smart-ass wannabes (tm) look silly ;)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
cockburn street.
like the name of that ;)

17h ferry ?!? are you nuts, last time i took a ferry it was zeebrugge -> hull and i drank rhum the whole way there had a 24h hangover came back drinking rhum for 12h .

i cant help it samthing about ships makes me drink rhum and after a few hours i start saying AAArrGHHH maty

R

Roo Stercogburn

Going to Hull would make anyone drink heavily. I know, I've been there :D

S

Sibanac

Going to Hull would make anyone drink heavily. I know, I've been there :D
actualy went to york, where we convinced some guys dressed like vikings to let us run around with their shield and axe... thrust me 2 drunk punks running around with a shield and axe is more scary then some viking :)

S

Sibanac

hmm seems a bit late for a fligh 216€ for flight alone is a bit much ;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

How much hassle is it to travel from Amsterdam?

Saturday 28 June, flight 4461
departs Amsterdam at 12:55, arrives Edinburgh at 13:25
flexible web fare 52.49 EUR (phone fare 57.49 EUR)

Sunday 29 June, flight 4464
departs Edinburgh at 13:55, arrives Amsterdam at 16:30
flexible web fare 78.15 EUR (phone fare 83.15 EUR)

Monday 30 June, flight 4462
departs Edinburgh at 06:25, arrives Amsterdam at 08:55
flexible web fare 63.15 EUR (phone fare 68.15 EUR)

Monday 30 June, flight 4464
departs Edinburgh at 13:55, arrives Amsterdam at 16:30
flexible web fare 78.15 EUR (phone fare 83.15 EUR)

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
do you KNOw what you have just DONE? all the Evul 'burgers will come out from their sun-starved rooms and venture into a naturally lit room with "other people".

Well not exactly - it's almost pitch black inside with spooky themed furniture and a 7 foot tall Frankenstein's monster who comes down from the ceiling at midnight (or slightly earlier if your friend tells the manager you came all the way from Paris just to see the monster happenings - boy was I embarresed!)

Unfortunately I won't be back in Scotland until the week after - dammit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom