Eclipse!

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Well im no mid. And its a problem for me that albs cant kill a hib group. Maybe thats balance for you though.

Frubly

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh, the patch pre ToA if our caster group was to kill your melee group we had from the time it took you to SoS the distance between us to kill one of your Mercs (therefore removing his buffbot buffs) to even stand a chance. I would have said that was overpowered. PBAE could have been a viable tactic but you ran to the pk every 10 mins to get your buffbot to re-cast energy resists.

Back then you didn’t seem to mind that it was like that, "Maybe that was balance for you though". It wasn't balance for us.

Bodyguard goes quite a way towards stopping "the assist train" although it would seem it does need a 5-10 second re-cast timer.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
elendar that game sux.

Beta tester says.

the group pvp is better then it will ever be in daoc (and i already had loads), same 'level of skill' but without the utter bullshit (pbae, (insta) ae CC, mach6, RA's designed by drunk devs), and you can fight anyone anytime you want at any place (except towns), i like it :rolleyes:

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
the group pvp is better then it will ever be in daoc (and i already had loads), same 'level of skill' but without the utter bullshit (pbae, (insta) ae CC, mach6, RA's designed by drunk devs), and you can fight anyone anytime you want at any place (except towns), i like it :rolleyes:
I have to say i really disslike Lineage2 i was in closed Beta in Us version and played in open taiwan beta, game looks good but really sucks in my opinion, thught im glad u find it funneh Morchaoron.
Gl in L2 m8

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Zapsi said:
3 days of rvr now and I like the new things TOA gave, just unfair that they so hard to get, so the different is bigger.
When u meet good groups now fights can take alot longer and u need a more class balanced group to get the best out of it.

HAd some problems with grapple but as all things u can work u way around them , BG is the same for all 2 or 3 in each group so cant QQ there.

But what ever mythic tried to do this patch didnt close the cap between the casual player and the hardcore, really just made it worse.
I think most stuff toa adds is real newbie spaming. Grapple is such a easy way to take a tank outta the way. Sucks imo .. atleast fz can counter it though. BG is ok thoough yes, takes communication to pull that off well.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
\o/ \o/ \o/

rofl @ that avatar btw, that kid doesnt even have a neck :D :D :D

Atleast his sex appeal > yours (avatar ofc!) :eek7:

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Fadeh said:
Well im no mid. And its a problem for me that albs cant kill a hib group. Maybe thats balance for you though.
You can kill a hib group, harder then mids yes .. but its possible.

Grapple the warden before they do to you and get bg off. FZ the hero 2000 away. Mercs run in drop the pbaoers. We been winning with no grapple and 1 fz which person using is not using real fast atm ;) Been very hard fights though ... only one hib group has been using this well .. well done to AD and their randomish group :)

Ofc you still have the problem of little ae spam util.

I think you dropping ur old setup is a big big mistake .. BG is not that much man ... u just need to use ur brain ... on the other hand grapple is hugely overpowered ... and u can swap a pally for a savage with it and cut mids damage output in half .. kinda nice.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Platina said:
I have to say i really disslike Lineage2 i was in closed Beta in Us version and played in open taiwan beta, game looks good but really sucks in my opinion, thught im glad u find it funneh Morchaoron.
Gl in L2 m8
I played too ... has some nice stuff gfx/karma system.. but so many bugs and old old mmorpg mistakes .. like crap ui .. its cant be forgiven tbh.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Frubly said:
Fadeh, the patch pre ToA if our caster group was to kill your melee group we had from the time it took you to SoS the distance between us to kill one of your Mercs (therefore removing his buffbot buffs) to even stand a chance. I would have said that was overpowered. PBAE could have been a viable tactic but you ran to the pk every 10 mins to get your buffbot to re-cast energy resists.

Back then you didn’t seem to mind that it was like that, "Maybe that was balance for you though". It wasn't balance for us.

Bodyguard goes quite a way towards stopping "the assist train" although it would seem it does need a 5-10 second re-cast timer.

To be honest, I think you're making things sound harder for you than they really were.
You were one of those "SoS on sight" groups, and if SoS wasn't up it was a very hard fight.
And no, we didn't run back every 10 minutes to get new buffbot resists, but if someone had died in a fight and needed rebuff we ofc took resists as well.
Eclipse has always been a good guild, and ToA made you evul. o0

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Fadeh you could surely win vs us if you ran the same group as pre toa, too bad for you that half of those players quit I guess though, but life's a bitch sometimes, not our problem, but you havn't even tried with a competent group with toa gear in rvr yet, and then you're not going to win, that's the way it is, and don't say you can't possibly win vs us when you're not even trying.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
How can we win with grapple and bodyguard?

Old setup. Me and dreami gets grappled.. Whos gonna kill stuff? the pala and minstrel? On bodyguard? Sure, sure...

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Yes i did.

Ok lets say the pala grappled the warden. the warden can still bodyguard.

The minstrel fz the hero.

Now me+dreami have ~10 seconds to kill 3 casters? Get real. We arent any savages you know.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Lets say you mezz the warden so his bg goes down and he's mezzed for a long time cos of no det, then fz the hero away and then use grapple on the hero while he's out of bg range from the casters, then we have no bg up and you have the duration of a mezz to kill 3 casters with no guarding and only 1 person away from the fight grappling the hero.

And there's many other ways too you know.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic

Master Levels will not affect RvR.

lol yes..and they dont work in PvE.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Edlina said:
Lets say you mezz the warden so his bg goes down and he's mezzed for a long time cos of no det, then fz the hero away and then use grapple on the hero while he's out of bg range from the casters, then we have no bg up and you have the duration of a mezz to kill 3 casters with no guarding and only 1 person away from the fight grappling the hero.
I thought BG works and is swappable while mezzed too.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Fadeh said:
How can we win with grapple and bodyguard?

Old setup. Me and dreami gets grappled.. Whos gonna kill stuff? the pala and minstrel? On bodyguard? Sure, sure...

You have the zerg to help u ..

Honestly such QQ.

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:

And there's many other ways too you know.

Yea its great that there is no RA called purge/ or grp purge and bards havent got cure mezz :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
If reavers had determination at the moment then we would have a better chance vs bodyguard hib pbaoe groups, there isn't many ways at the moment to win either.It's possible but certainly not easy.

redB

Fledgling Freddie
Play wif friar in group :<
Can spam the battlemaster pbaoe power drain style cos of end reduction buff.
Just hit hero with that all the time...
Interupts all the casters around hero + leaches all power :eek:

Or still think you could do it with your mercs if just timed it rite.
Merc 1 does power drain, wait a couple sec's (Regens end + casters still interupted), merc 2 does power drain, wait a while,(i.e, Merc1 does power drain, merc 2 does normal hit, merc 1 does normal hit, merc 2 does power drain, merc1 does power dragin... ), repeat... :eek:

Would prolly take ages to kill anythin cos not much dmg on the style(?), but its not like the chanters/eld can cast the whole time if there standing in bodyguard range + they gonna be oom after 10 or so of that style...

Or mebe i be foo :>
Could try dis tho? :eek:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
redB said:
Play wif friar in group :<
Can spam the battlemaster pbaoe power drain style cos of end reduction buff.
Just hit hero with that all the time...

First problem: No friar will hit a hero; due to seriously too low WS to hit a shield-wearer.

Or still think you could do it with your mercs if just timed it rite.
Merc 1 does power drain, wait a couple sec's (Regens end + casters still interupted), merc 2 does power drain, wait a while,(i.e, Merc1 does power drain, merc 2 does normal hit, merc 1 does normal hit, merc 2 does power drain, merc1 does power dragin... ), repeat... :eek:

Mezz/root the paladin and move box out of end-range will help against this xD

redB

Fledgling Freddie
Would friar need to hit? :eek:
I mean if hits are guarded would proc still go off? me no know, it is toa weirdness after all, or you saying they would just get you attack, you miss spam?

And as for moving box 1500 range in random direction...yusss, like thats gonna happen, if you can do that why arnt you out kiting groups with a couple of chanters atm? :p ^^
Besides, no bodyguard if moving :p

Frubly

Fledgling Freddie
redB said:
Would friar need to hit? :eek:
I mean if hits are guarded would proc still go off? me no know, it is toa weirdness after all, or you saying they would just get you attack, you miss spam?

And as for moving box 1500 range in random direction...yusss, like thats gonna happen, if you can do that why arnt you out kiting groups with a couple of chanters atm? :p ^^
Besides, no bodyguard if moving :p

Powerdrain is nice but you do need to make contact (do dmg) to do have the effect "proc" and it is an aoe proc which breaks mezz.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Remem said:
Yea its great that there is no RA called purge/ or grp purge and bards havent got cure mezz :)

True, I didn't say the technique didn't have flaws... but with 1bg and 3 casters there's still gonna be 2 casters without bg and 1 minstrel 2mercs 1 theurg 1 sorc to kill/interrupt - 2 clerics to heal and 1 pala to grapple the hero.

Or you could fz the warden away also and root him there etc. Like I said, other options too, with the specific PE pre toa setup, and thats for albs.

Mids svgs still 2 shot every caster around so if they can assist even a little, and sometimes (Zerach) even without resisting the casters go down unbelieably fast - getting hit for 500 main hand is rly rly rly rly rly rly rly silly when they got a chance to quad. As bard with capped resists and RF armor I've been hit for 450-500 more often than not from mainhand - that's much harder - only mainhand - dmg than casters do with a dd (and pbaoe), even debuffed it's only around that dmg for dds.

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
rofl @ that avatar btw, that kid doesnt even have a neck :D :D :D
we once had a first minister like that in Belgium, called Jean Luc Dehaene :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom