Eclipse - polluted?

D

Durzel

I'm keen to play on Eclipse, since the Devs have marked it as the "unofficial" Euro/UK server.

That said, I really don't want to play on a server riddled with legacy "group FP" exploiters.

Whilst its arguable that what other people do "doesn't affect my game", in reality that's garbage. I don't much fancy going overt Imperial only to get some tooled up "Master Marksman/Brawler" Rebels nuking me from orbit with their factional handheld laser cannon.

Since it seems clear that the Devs aren't going to reset FP or remove pets/ST armour, etc from these exploiters - I'd quite like to know how "polluted" Eclipse already is.

(I would've posted this on the official forums, but you can't post unless you're a subscriber - and I figure I can't subscribe until I get home and install it)

E

Ekydus

The players decide where to go...
Eclipse has been labelled but the majority can change that.

D

Durzel

Can I get a less cryptic answer please? This isn't the DAoC forum where everyone speaks in Ye Olde English... no offence.

I just want to know whether Eclipse is riddled with exploiters or not.

E

Ekydus

Well i'm sorry you've offended me now squire. :p

S

SilverHood

all servers have some exploiters, but tbh it's not gonna affect you that much, as armor / pets degrade over time anyway

E

edoa

Well

At the moment thats the case with all servers apparentlly.

I saw a thread on Eclipse board about ALOT(atleast to many) running around with ST armor and some Master Brawlers and marksmen(used the AT-ST to lvl like crazy)

D

Durzel

Thanks. :)

Well, that settles it.. I'm going to play on one of the servers that were brought online after the emergency patch was brought online to fix this exploit. At least they'll be free of at least this class of exploiter.

Shame really. :(

(PS. I hope you didn't take any offence Ekydus :p)

S

SilverHood

getting to master brawler/ marksman aint too hard.... its the elite proffesions that are hard to get

look at it this way - more masters mean less chance of paying for skill training

D

Durzel

I don't care too much about people being higher than me. But Master Brawler/Marksman is a shitload of combat XP.

I don't mind being in the same tank as other bigger fish.. but its not a lot of fun when you have to avoid huge great sharks - especially if you're partial to the occasional bit of PvP as I am. If I decided to be overt Imperial again (as I did throughout the beta) its not really my cup of tea to be decimated by a Rebel who happens to have bought something it should've taken them months of play to get.

Fortunately, since I have near zero inclination to be Rebel, and it seems the Imperials have all the unbalanced toys (AT-STs, ST armour, Dark troopers, etc) then I doubt it would affect me in the long term. Still doesn't make me want to play with these people though.

It's a real shame SoE aren't prepared to just wipe the ill-gotten gains from these players. I'm sure it can't be hard to work out what is feasible to buy within 3 days of the game being launched. Even running solo delivery missions flat out, I find it hard to believe that it would be possible to make more than about 5000 faction points (off the top of my head)

S

SilverHood

master marksman and master bralwer is not a lot of xp

only 304170 for all the marksman tree

to get BASIC Rifleman you need 175000 xp

and 350000 xp for the next skill up, 500000 for the next level, etc

to get to master rifleman, you need 8659790

is 304170 really that much?

[edit] - wrong numbers

K

kermy

Well

Im going for Wanderhome, it will be released last and will be on the East Coast.

D

Durzel

Originally posted by SilverHood
master marksman and master bralwer is not a lot of xp

only 304170 for all the marksman tree

to get BASIC Rifleman you need 175000 xp

and 350000 xp for the next skill up, 500000 for the next level, etc

to get to master rifleman, you need 8659790

is 175000 really that much?
I didn't know the numbers to be honest, so I have to defer to your better knowledge on that one.

For me, the numbers involved don't really make the problem go away, in my opinion - they just make it less significant. Also, whats to say that these same people aren't well on their way to another profession that requires other insane amounts of XP (don't ask how or what - I'm just offering a supposition) ?

PS. Is Wanderhome due up any time soon then?

S

SilverHood

i'm sure they are on their way... but the grind is long and slow

I'd just take the game at an even pace :)

Numbers are taken from the alakazam character builder btw

K

kermy

Originally posted by Durzel
PS. Is Wanderhome due up any time soon then?

Maximum 1-2 weeks until it launches I would say.

S

stu

I'm avoiding Eclipse because:

1) pre-existing faction exploiters

2) it's the unofficial Euro server

And, no offence, I fucking hate euros.

S

stu

Yanks are generally naive, over-excitable and think far too much of themselves.

Euros (Scandinavians especially) are just total fucking arseholes*.

I'd rather deal with the yanks tbh.

*in my experience

K

kermy

Originally posted by stu

*in my experience

Fuck off lol

Scandinavians are the nicest peopel you can see :) only prob is that ALOT of the Scandinavians are younger then the rest of the players meaning they normally are total fucking arseholes. The mature scandinavians on the other hand...

Anyway I prefer playing on a Euro server so there acctually is some activity the times I tend to play wich isnt 2 in the morning like the loser without a rl

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by stu
Yanks are generally naive, over-excitable and think far too much of themselves.

I'd rather deal with the yanks tbh.

*in my experience

Bullshit generalisation.

On Topic tho i have no problem so long as the imperials have all the powerful kit and not the rebels. Lets not forget that the rebellion is a small group of poorly equipped freedom fighters compared to the real might of the empire.

If i log in the first day to find that the rebels have even 10% the power of the imperials i will be most dissapointed.

S

stu

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Bullshit generalisation.

You saw the "in my experience", right? So how can it be a generalisation? Imbecile.

C

.Cask

Yes the euro gaming community isn't as good as the US but is it really worth being out of sync with the vast majority of players just so you are surrounded by a few less plebs.

I'm still a newbie and don't know how the game works but I do know that I was missing out on loads of action playing EQ and DAoC on US servers.

With the unofficial euro servers I expect the euro populations on the other servers will be minimal. In EQ it took nearly 2 years for an all euro guild to form on the server I was on, hope you don't end up talking to yourself most of the time only to get some company an hour before you go to bed :/

O

old.ivan

Lets leave racial/nationality issues behind shall we lads :) After all internet is 'faceless' for a reason. Generalization aside i have met quite a few skandi who would exploit every damn thing they can ,[even in fps like planetside.. i think some people will know who im talking about :p ] Also from neocron experience .. Yanks tend to TaLk LiKe ThIs all of the time or even better some kids never turn 'caps-lock' off etc.. generalization and prejudice will only mislead you. After all what is stopping you from spending 1 hour on each server[bar the population limits] to give you a taste of what the atmosphere is like.
But from what i heard there wont be too many Europeans on the 'Euro'/Eclipse server since it is already under heavy load, the servers have only been up for 4 days and its reasonable to assume that not that many europeans got the copy of the game yet.

P

pilia

I'm keen to play on Eclipse, since the Devs have marked it as the "unofficial" Euro/UK server.

That said, I really don't want to play on a server riddled with legacy "group FP" exploiters.

Whilst its arguable that what other people do "doesn't affect my game", in reality that's garbage. I don't much fancy going overt Imperial only to get some tooled up "Master Marksman/Brawler" Rebels nuking me from orbit with their factional handheld laser cannon.

Since it seems clear that the Devs aren't going to reset FP or remove pets/ST armour, etc from these exploiters - I'd quite like to know how "polluted" Eclipse already is.

(I would've posted this on the official forums, but you can't post unless you're a subscriber - and I figure I can't subscribe until I get home and install it)

I think all current servers have their fair share of imperials and rebels all in faction armor +pets.
I really doubt their going to wipe the FP perks or points,so if you dont want to play when some certain people have a serious advantage,then your best bet would be to start on anew on a coming server(assuming some will be up soon).

Otherwise i think it really doesnt matter what server you choose,their on all of them.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by stu
You saw the "in my experience", right? So how can it be a generalisation? Imbecile.

You worded it such that all the Euro players you have met fit that mould, inserting the word "most" or "some" would have rendered it a non-generalisation, the lack of such a word...

Saying "in my experience" means that you are drawing on ALL that you have experienced hence IN my experience meaning within the whole sum of your experience, therefore "in your experience" ...

Qutoe from Stu.

"Yanks are GENERALLY naive, over-excitable and think far too much of themselves.<END OF SENTANCE>

<NEW SENTANCE>
Euros (Scandinavians especially) <NOTE THE MISSING WORD?>are just total fucking arseholes*.

I'd rather deal with the yanks tbh."

...all Euro players you have met are "fucking arseholes".

Unless 100% of the Euro players you have met are "fucking arseholes" its a generalisation and i doubt every single Euro player you have met fits that category.

Learn the fucking language and grammar before flaming someone you retard.

Its posts like yours that put genuine posters off contributing to a discussion.

And while we are on the subject.

Quote from Stu.
"And, no offence, I fucking hate euros."

Saying "no offense" doesnt detract from the fact that the offense is implied directly. You do intend offence by this statement, otherwise it in a nonsensical statement and has zero value as you would be denouncing the only possible inference of the origional sentance.

Thats like saying "I like donuts, but actually i dont like donuts" :rolleyes:

If you have something positive to contribute to a thread, please do, otherwise dont.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by stu
Sarcasm is a very British device, isn't it...

Im British and find nothing sarcastic about anything you have posted, its just plain offensive.

Sarcasm is saying one thing in such a way as to mean the opposite, EG "God, your intelligent" would be sarcastic.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit even when used properly.

Once again, learn what a word means before using it.

D

Durzel

I'm playing on Intrepid.

West Coast but new, no exploiters (it was brought up post patch) and generally friendly people it would seem.

K

kermy

Yepp

I'm playing on Intrepid.

West Coast but new, no exploiters (it was brought up post patch) and generally friendly people it would seem.

There really isnt much difference between west and east cost when it comes to performance but reason I would choose a east coast is that everyone else seems to think there are so most europeans would be on a east coast server.

D

Durzel

I didn't realise it was West Coast until this morning... I just liked the name of the server. :)

I'm gonna stick with it for the moment.. see how things go.

K

kermy

Hm

I didn't realise it was West Coast until this morning... I just liked the name of the server. :)

I'm gonna stick with it for the moment.. see how things go.

Posted on official board:

A couple months ago, we announced the names of our first 20 galaxies. More recently, it was decided to launch with 12 galaxies and add more as the reached appropriate populations. In think, we are pretty close to getting those last three (not the last three, but the last three of the once we announced beforehand) up within the next couple days. Sorry for the wait.

Kevin "Q-3PO" O'Hara

I would check out the game and then start fresh on one of theese servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom