ebay

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
do ebay always take 10% of the payment when you sell something?

cheers

gohan

FH is my second home
do ebay always take 10% of the payment when you sell something?

cheers

it's staggered afaik

10% for low lvl but once its over liek £50 it's like 7% then goes down to like .5% for house sales ect i think

just checked my ebay account looks like they changed it recently

10% across the board up to a maximum of £40 (£400 sale)
no fee for property or mobile phones with contracts

- English -

Resident Freddy
yea think its a fkin con.. 10% on everything they sell, must make a fortune..

once sold some tickets for 100£ so was pissed off when they took a 10er, not sold anything since.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
absolutely fucking ridiculous. the last time i'll use ebay for sure. cheers guys.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I haven't used ebay for nearly two years now, I've got no email linked to it anymore.

It's the worst place to buy or sell; the scams make it a minefield, you have a 50/50 chance of someone screwing you over. Then ebay eat all your profit, and make more money via paypal.

Gumtree and playtrade, amazon marketplace are the tools to use right now.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Ask Ceixah.

Afaik they upped it this year to a minimum of 10%, paypals like 5% so that's fucking 15% ain't worth it anymore.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I like buying on ebay. Got a USB card reader from Hong Kong, free delivery for 45p =D

Chilly

Balls of steel
Why do you expect to get a service for free? Of course they charge commission, grow up and live in the real world. It's a cost of business.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Why do you expect to get a service for free? Of course they charge commission, grow up and live in the real world. It's a cost of business.

Thats not the problem. It's the pure amount they take in commission. If you ask me, 10% is not justifiable, especially considering since it's an automatic service which have to do no work, unless it goes to disputes which even still they are shit then. That's why I don't use it now anyway.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Idd, was gonna sell a shiny new iPhone 4 16GB black on Vodafone on ebay until I realised that they take 10% :(

oh wells! sales via folk in office/facebook it is!

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Thats not the problem. It's the pure amount they take in commission. If you ask me, 10% is not justifiable, especially considering since it's an automatic service which have to do no work, unless it goes to disputes which even still they are shit then. That's why I don't use it now anyway.
Don't forget PayPal is pretty much the most used option for payment and also takes 5%+ .

So year, fuck em'

Idd, was gonna sell a shiny new iPhone 4 16GB black on Vodafone on ebay until I realised that they take 10% :(

oh wells! sales via folk in office/facebook it is!
I thought you work in a Phones4U shop? never seen a office in 1 my self.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

No, but ebay take far too much, and their dispute resolution is shocking. The fact they pretty much force you to use paypal and then charge from that as well is just a farce. I've lost all faith in it, it was unique and great 5 years ago, there are better cheaper alternatives now.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I lost £100 once on a PS3 on the protection scam they had going. It was brought in very sneaky and only lasted a month or so. I didn't see it at the time ....

It had a green tick saying you are protected but then in small writing saying, you are only protected for x amount. And i used paypal .... It has that now and before but no x amount of money protection, there was a lot of complaints and it got changed back to full protection.

I blame my self for not double checking but it was daylight robbery. And since then they can suck my cock. Was a yank so nowt I could do, How you can not recover funds either is bs when you need ID to get verified and a bank account linked to withdraw ffrom.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Don't forget PayPal is pretty much the most used option for payment and also takes 5%+ .

So year, fuck em'

See this is another example of how little you know....

I work at Phones4u headoffice as part of the web design team, but yes I work in a phones4u store.

I love how Jim always tell you stuff thats deliberately wrong just to watch you make a fool of yourself - and you fall for it every time, hook line and sinker!

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
See this is another example of how little you know....

I work at Phones4u headoffice as part of the web design team, but yes I work in a phones4u store.

I love how Jim always tell you stuff thats deliberately wrong just to watch you make a fool of yourself - and you fall for it every time, hook line and sinker!
So you crop pictures of phones ...

sorry ...

gohan

FH is my second home
FFS you two get a fucking room or a marriage councilor, either way no one here wants to here about your DAOC bullshit, who cares if it's an EBAY char, I once Ebayed a SB, and i sold both my EU and US account

am I going to hell?

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
FFS you two get a fucking room or a marriage councilor, either way no one here wants to here about your DAOC bullshit, who cares if it's an EBAY char, I once Ebayed a SB, and i sold both my EU and US account

am I going to hell?
It's got fuck all to do with daoc and I haven't played in years .... :p

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
hold up? if it's nothing to do with daoc why do you keep giving it all this ebayed this ebayed that blahblah you're rr8 and not LE rr8 after 11 years blah blah blah....

dear lord.

lets get back on topic shall we anyway you useless sack of shit ;>

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned

gohan

FH is my second home
you're dragging it up in this thread you thick cnunt... I let it get back on topic.

I was just trolling him in daoc section, has nothing to do why I think hes a knob.

So back on topic?
oh rly?

on Ebay price's you reply
Ask Ceixah.
then when he's not even talking to you you chip in with

when he corrects you you say
So you crop pictures of phones ...

sorry ...
You just seem a real arrogant little prick, you think you're better than people but the truth is you are the only one that thinks that, you stive for approval and when you don't get it you reason with yourself that we don't worship you becuase we're to stupid to understand how great you really are and our praise would be beneath you anyhow.

Am I wrong? I doubt it.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
You actually just did all that ... way to ruin a thread.

Yea thats correct i'm an arrogant self centered selfish greedy arsehole.

Now on-topic?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
heh cheers for the defence gohan, not sure I needed it vs this tool but appreciated all the same.

I was actualyl quite surprised tbh to read about there being a 10% charge on pretty much everything, but I suppose ebay gotta make their money somewhere, I won't be selling anything there anytime soon though! :)

If anybody knows anybody that wants an iPhone 4 16GB Black on vodafone though give me a shout and I can sell you ringdings! :>

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
You actually just did all that ... way to ruin a thread.

Yea thats correct i'm an arrogant self centered selfish greedy arsehole.

Now on-topic?

Typical 13 year old response.

way to selfown yourself

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What version of iOS is it on Ciexah and what where you looking for?

gohan

FH is my second home
I will give you a.... no 2, 2 hugs for it

It is somewhat negotiable

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Typical 13 year old response.

way to selfown yourself
I was actually being honest, i'm perfectly happy this way ... and it works for me in business :) not everyone has to be a model citizen and a perfect role-model. That's why the majority of the people of people that think they are fake and full of shit.

Gohan just looked retarded imo.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I bet your make up sex is fantastic.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Just had this myself, sold my Sigma 10-20mm for £285, cost me £10 to list it and £28.5 in ebay fees.

Net gain was £246.50, the lens was probably worth about £290. Mind you, it would have been sitting gathering dust otherwise so just glad to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom