easy to use mobile phone with LARGE keys

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
for meh mummy.

Mum gets annoyed with things she considers silly, like cameras, text messages, internets, etc. She just wants to call (me). It needs a BIG answer button and a BIG hang-up button so she doesn't get confuddled...as she's 80 and doesn't like to faff about. Currently she has an unbreakable nokia, but she hates it because it uses the same button to answer and hang up calls.

so...help a bruvva out plx :D

TdC

yeah, that's the idea. I'll try and find things close to home...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
41n6HVCwg7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It has nice big numbers on the screen SO SHE CAN READ IT EASILY (you might need to explain with a raised, patient voice). It's a bit pricey, mind.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
got a similar prob with my mum she just wants this , to call , use camera, text and use calender. basicly just have 4 icons on her phone to make it easier and quicker for her to use. she has has an s2 but uses her old nokia on. wonder if some body does a simplfied custom rom or some thing

TdC

41n6HVCwg7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It has nice big numbers on the screen SO SHE CAN READ IT EASILY (you might need to explain with a raised, patient voice). It's a bit pricey, mind.

cheers all. I like this one, and I don't care about the cost as it's for my mum.

Doro phoneeasy 610

have you had hands-on that one mate? buttons seem a bit smallish?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Yeh we had one in the office, they're very user friendly and specifically designed for the older generation, even has hearing aid compatability etc which I know your ma won't need ofcourse but still tis a nice touch!

They're pretty well priced too payg or contract, we had some rather cheap contracts with them iirc but payg think about £80

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
yeh just checked, can get it for like £11 a month with 200 minutes/unlimited texts/100 mb data with the phone free, ridiculous that for the usage too

TdC

cheers dude, very helpful. I'll go for that Doro for me mum then.

thanks for the contributions all!

TdC

has hearing aid compatability etc which I know your ma won't need ofcourse but still tis a nice touch!

actually, that is awesome as mum is considering a hearing-aid. that clinches it then :)

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
if you're planning on getting a contract for it come to me and i'll earn some moolah! :>
if you want pay as you go then bagger off! :p

TdC

haha mum already has a payg sim :D also, I don't want to change too many things at once for her lol

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
bagger off!

all i would say is people tend to pay over the odds on payg for no reason I'd recommend sim only to everybody that already owns a phone, also gives you the freedom to upgrade to a full contract if ever you wanted to :)

TdC

haha. yeah, only reason she's using her mobile atm is due to me being the walking wounded. normally I'd just go to hers as it's a short bike trip away. her mobile is basically "for emergencies only" and thus turns out pretty cheap. That said, because she is now actually using the phone she runs in to things she doesn't like about it... once I get around to buying her a new one I'll prolly be all better. Catch 22 and all that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom