E-mail with new PW

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by -Wedge-
1 mail message every 3.6 seconds ?

That would be so GOA... Why am I able to write a mail program which spits them out at like 50-100k an hour? (Yes it requires some special coding, but it can go that fast, definitly with the internet connection that they have)

(Check : http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm#aspmail
38880 messages an hour on a Pentium 200)

how to kill your smtp server :)

A

amuse

need PW NOW!!! ;P

got nothing to do today, was planing to play daoc all day, ive ben posting on forums, watching daoc movies.. looked at all my screens (all 1200 of em, watched TV.. im sooooooo bored.. just give me my pass!! ;P

registerd just before desember 2002... stil nothing

C

Cyradix

Do you think this is an automated process running until all emails are sent or do you think they shut down the server when they went home and will resume in the morning?

I bet a lot of people are scared now.... :p

Z

zeal0t

i just hope that the passwords arent only sent out to those folks who have active subscriptions. i've skipped a few months and now i want to renew my subs and i'd be DAMN PISSED OFF if i had to contact them separately for my pw.

M

Mid - Kirinia

Originally posted by -Wedge-
1 mail message every 3.6 seconds ?

That would be so GOA... Why am I able to write a mail program which spits them out at like 50-100k an hour? (Yes it requires some special coding, but it can go that fast, definitly with the internet connection that they have)

(Check : http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm#aspmail
38880 messages an hour on a Pentium 200)

Ah! So YOU are to blame for the current state of my mailbox then! /slap :eek:

H

hexazar

Well if you like it

let ning **** with your mental status, not my problem realy.

G

greenfingers

no mail here yet ....

my account starts with 'a' + another letter close to 'a' :)

*gone checking mail again*

still none :(

/edit:
registered feb. 2002 ... guess I have to wait for like 10K+ emails before it's my turn ;)
***UPDATE***
I got my new PW at 05.16.07!!!

O

old.Sandariel

Just got the mail.
4 People on Alb/Prydwen o_O

Tis' scary :eek7:

/em logs off again

H

hillem

Dammit dammit dammit.

I bought my game pretty late. My character starts with a W and my email with a W and my account with a P. so i think I'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Do anyone know when the subscription pages is up again. My girlfriend just got the game 2 days after they closed the service and after that see stol my computer for all the time she could get. I really have to get her game registered so i could play for my own.

S

skerit XP

Well, I said it a lot of times, but I started on day 1, bought the game 3 days in advance and played since day 1... and still no mail, so the 'register first' thing seems unlikely...

M

m1nd

interestin question about subs pages - according to the "latest news", the subs pages won't be up even after sending out the new game passwords
it means, peeps who are waiting for 6 days now - including me - have to wait god-knows-how-many days MORE to be able activate their accounts
if I'm right, then....this is just simply...pathetic.

O

old.Sandariel

There were actually several day 1's tho.
Don't remember the french release date, but the german one was 2 weeks before the english release.

So, even if you registered on day 1 of the english release you still have the german/french people who registered before that date in front of you.

<-- Regged somewhere between 26th and 28th February, not 100% sure, well, got the Pass 15minutes ago.

T

thegreatest

please will the people who already got their passes keep us up to date with screenies/information about how many people are logged at the moment? So we at least know how many people got their passes :)

Also there should be a lot of people who got their pass but are not online at the moment..

My account begins with ac and I dont got anything...I registered around november 2002 :/

S

Sarnat

It's probably sorted by some database key which has nothing to do with your account name etc. No way to tell who gets it first. Plus e-mail delivery times might vary wildly because of sobig.f and other reasons.

M

Mishy

Originally posted by thegreatest
please will the people who already got their passes keep us up to date with screenies/information about how many people are logged at the moment? So we at least know how many people got their passes :)

there is currently 7 people on alb excal atm (and has been like this for about 20mins)

P

[PS]Venom

Bleh! I don't care, you foreign people are all the same ;)

Hmm if they are doing it in order of joining then I'm screwed. I also have to hope I have the right email address listed in my account settings.

T

thegreatest

still nothing here...Ok I know I wont make a chance today but I DOUBT that I will have a mail in my mailbox from goa tomorrow when I wake up :/

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by acei
If ning did get the email and he got DAOC at the day of release they must be sorting them out by time of joining daoc order. Meaning i have quite a long wait :(

I suspect it's on some arbritary criteria, I signed up on day one and no mail....

Although I still say I could get a script together to mail everyone a new password in less than an hour... in probably less than ten minutes depending on what db they are using...

But knowing goa they probably had everyones passwords written on post it notes placed on kemor's monitor ;-)

S

squalion

Originally posted by skerit XP
Hmm, third time I said it :) I believe every 3.6 seconds a new mail is sent out, if there are 24 thousand users and if every houre 1000 mails are sent out ... If your account name starts with 'Z' you really really are screwed ... if it starts with A and you still don't have it, then they're sending the mails out very weird...

im screwed :/

S

squalion

Originally posted by old.yaruar

But knowing goa they probably had everyones passwords written on post it notes placed on kemor's monitor ;-)

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

:D :D :D :D :D :D

V

viruz_bs

Originally posted by skerit XP
Hmm, third time I said it :) I believe every 3.6 seconds a new mail is sent out, if there are 24 thousand users and if every houre 1000 mails are sent out ... If your account name starts with 'Z' you really really are screwed ... if it starts with A and you still don't have it, then they're sending the mails out very weird...

Baaaaaaaaah mine starts with ''S'' and ''W'' ;(

hehe. time to slEEp i guess.

D

Dunmer

Don't think the password sendings will go by your account name.
Mine starts with an A and still waiting.

A

Ala

Nuttin, my name starts with a B ....

P.S. To teh hacker, :kissit:

M

Molten Lava

Hmm

Got three accounts all with the same Email-address....got only 1 pw so far....I bet they forget to send the other two :(

O

oblivion_6

got to accounts both starting with M

and fuck all here so far

so pathetic that granny sex sites can mass email better than goa

A

_asq_shazzy

With all the email accounts on file at the GOA HQ, they emails should have been sent out by now to all 20,000+ customers of GOA. Unless they are manually making up the passwords then adding them to the emails and then typing in the passwords then sending them, then moving onto the next email and doing the same thing over and over.

We will see today if get our emails, I doubt everything will. Until then i'm going to install some old games like DIG and Full Throttle to play :)

C

Carean Black

argh.. havent got mine yet.. :(

Givf mine now!

M

m1nd

Originally posted by oblivion_6
got to accounts both starting with M

and fuck all here so far

so pathetic that granny sex sites can mass email better than goa

LMAO :D
<Mind adds this quote to his signature>