E-mail with new PW

B

Breni

ning did, I think, unless he's fucking with our heads...

S

skerit XP

Hmm, third time I said it :) I believe every 3.6 seconds a new mail is sent out, if there are 24 thousand users and if every houre 1000 mails are sent out ... If your account name starts with 'Z' you really really are screwed ... if it starts with A and you still don't have it, then they're sending the mails out very weird...

K

kaeas

Originally posted by skerit XP
Hmm, third time I said it :) I believe every 3.6 seconds a new mail is sent out, if there are 24 thousand users and if every houre 1000 mails are sent out ... If your account name starts with 'Z' you really really are screwed ... if it starts with A and you still don't have it, then they're sending the mails out very weird...

hehe ok fair enough
but were still waiting :)

C

Carean Black

My mail starts with M... wonder on what letter they are on atm? B? :p

N

Nivellen

no mail yet

but yay my account starts with "e" :)

E

ele

My account starts with 'a' just checked mail and nothing yet.

S

Sharma

Nothing yet, im on the J list so...

i think they just passed D :eek:

A

acei

They might not be using the username as a sorting method, or they might not even be using a sorting method and they just ordered the mailing list to send all out at once, that would mean they'll be sorted by index number, in otherwords we don't know who will be getting there's first, or last.

S

szerena

*sigh* No mail in sight! I wanted to log in at 15:00 today and got nothing.. now it is 22:19 and still nothing!! *aarrggg* Need my daoc dose for the day.

My mail start with t, uuuhhh...:eek:

S

skerit XP

Well I don't know exaclt how they do it .. could be by last name, account name, could even be by email.. oh no, that starts with an s, that's even worse then p... Well, there must be some patern, they're not sending emails by random...

W

-Wedge-

1 mail message every 3.6 seconds ?

That would be so GOA... Why am I able to write a mail program which spits them out at like 50-100k an hour? (Yes it requires some special coding, but it can go that fast, definitly with the internet connection that they have)

(Check : http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm#aspmail
38880 messages an hour on a Pentium 200)

C

Carean Black

I´m almost 99% sure that i will be the last getting the mail... :p

N

ning

I got the e-mail 1 h ago. I bought the game when the game was released in France (Feb 2002; 1 mouth before the english release).

My brother bought the game end 2002 and he has not got the e-mail yet.

P

[PS]Venom

My wife's account name starts with AM and she hasn't gotten it yet. Depends on how they're spitting them out though.

And if.

EDIT - So a french guy got the email before we english? Figures ;) GOA4Teh Biased!!! :p

M

Mishy

I got the email for my second account less then an hour ago, havent recieved it for my main account yet....

A

acei

If ning did get the email and he got DAOC at the day of release they must be sorting them out by time of joining daoc order. Meaning i have quite a long wait :(

N

ning

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
My wife's account name starts with AM and she hasn't gotten it yet. Depends on how they're spitting them out though.

And if.

EDIT - So a french guy got the email before we english? Figures ;) GOA4Teh Biased!!! :p

Nahhh I'm german ...

"I bought the game when the game was released in France "

Where did I say i'm french ?

(I live at the border between France and Germany ;) )

S

skerit XP

Well, I bought the game 3 days before the end of the beta and I still don't have any mail, check your second account's e-mail, does it start with A or B or anything?

O

old.Sandariel

Cut and Paste from my Post on the Prydwen General Discussion Boards:
Well, seems as if GOA is sending out those E-Mails at the moment...
According to the german boards they send them out by registration date. At least that's how it looks like. The people who got the E-Mail kinda all registered in the morning of the first release day...

Mind you, release day in germany was 2 (or was it only 1) week before the english release, so expect it to take a while.

Whatever, some of the people there claim to be logged on, so it seems as if the servers are actually online.

Anyway, the earlier you registered, the sooner you'll get the PW (this is NOT confirmed, just what it looks like from the first few People who got the PW).

Source (for those who understand some german): http://daoc.foren.4players.de/viewtopic.php?t=66786

Thought I should share it here, too :)
The people who got it had random account names btw.

C

Cyradix

They better send my buffbot account info along with my main account..... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom