DX8 Renderer

O

old.Virez

It's no good on my GF2 GTS.

Halved my FPS and so jerky it's unplayable! :(

S

Stazbumpa

I just got my GeForce 2 MX card to run UT at a decent FPS and in a decent rez (even though it inexplicably dumps me back into the desktop every now and then) so I suppose if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

F

ferral

It's seems to either stop UT working at all or halve your frame rate.

Of course, if you had a Voodoo, this wouldn't be a problem :)

O

old.Masenko

DX8 works fine on my comp

P-III 600
196 mb RAM
SBLIVE
GeForece 2 GTS/PRO 64mb DDR

fps average 51
max detail on everything and 1024 x 768 resultion
with how many ppl on a server =)

O

old.[MMX]NinjaGaz

According to N33 its increased his FPS to 200 at times :)

He says dont use the D3D one, but the OpenGL one is ok. I'm using that but dont notice any difference :)

W

Wij

Well my fps hovers around 80 anyway. Just hoping for 100+ :D

O

old.RookieWan

LOL, why need more FPS when it's at 80? Or does the frame rate drop much when in combat?

W

Wij

Drops a bit. I like high frame-rates tho :)

Q3 never drops below 125 on my comp now. Feels so gooooood. If only it was a fun game :)

W

Wij

btw - I've never managed to get any of the ogl renderers working. They just hang my box usually. It's not a prob with ogl afaik cos it works with other games.

O

old.RookieWan

Originally posted by Wij
btw - I've never managed to get any of the ogl renderers working.

UT OGL suport was very bad when I tried it on my NT4 machine over a year ago. I haven't tried since, sticking to D3D and Glide (V2 SLI these days)... I've heard of peole getting good FPS in opengl, but not sure now much tweaking was needed...

And Wij, I played Q3 on my dual Celeron system in NT4 (also a year ago) and I rarely had FPS below 100 on my TNT2U, but I found Q3 lacking in one major department => teamplay (and one smaller niggle: netcode being a shambles for modem players) and the switch to UTCTF was made very quickly :)

W

Wij

I never said it was a better game RW :D

I just like insane frame-rates :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom