No idea DVI port not working?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Anybody got a clue as to why this would happen? Thought my old card was dead, then I thought it was the DVI to VGA adapter. So I bought a new one. Nothing goes through at all. The VGA port works but the DVI port doesn't.

Old card was a Sapphire Radeon HD2600 Pro. New card is an XFX Radeon 6450. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Maybe check to see if POST or safemode appear over DVI also have you confirmed the monitor is working over DVI on another machine?

Access Denied

I get no POST, though I haven't tried it in safe mode yet. Had this monitor for a while now, was working over DVI with my old card until it just stopped. That's why I thought the old card was fucked. There's nothing in device manager or the AMD VISION Engine Control Centre that suggests there is a problem. Just don't know why it would suddenly stop working.

Also tried a second monitor and get the same thing.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Trying safe mode or a different pc would be my next step. If either work it sounds like a driver issue. Fully stripping the driver for a reinstall is worth trying.

Access Denied

Tried Safe Mode, tried completely stripping the drivers and reinstalling. Nada. Think it may be a format and reinstall job unless AMD get back to me with something that works. Bollocks.

soze

I am a FH squatter
:( Do you have a spare hard disk? If you do then a temp install to that disk to prove it might save you sometime. I do not know if it could be a power issue?

Access Denied

Doubt it's a power issue. The old card worked fine and so does the new one. Tbh it's not really an emergency as the new card has a VGA port that works, I just want to add a second monitor.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have you tried running a linux boot CD to see if it works using that? If it does you can narrow down that it's a windows issue, if it doesn't then it's likely your hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom