Dvi-i

Sar

Part of the furniture
Ok, having last week bought an upgrade from my old AGP radeon 9800 Pro to a nice new PCI-e 7600gt and mobo, the DVI input on my monitor isn't getting detected by windows.

I know the port on the card works ok, because if I use it with the convertor it picks up an analogue signal ok, and I know the DVI port on the monitor is fine, as I was using it with my Radeon, but when I plug the DVI output of the card into the dvi port of the monitor I get "No Signal".

The card's output is Dual link DVI-I, and the monitor takes single link DVI-I, so the DVI-D cable I have should work ok, as it did with the Radeon?

If not, which cable should I use? A dual link DVI-I cable or a single link one?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
as far as i know only dells 30" 3007 lcd uses dual link. for your lcd normal dvi-i cabel should be enough. what monitor do you have btw?

Sar

Part of the furniture
Viewsonic VA2012w.

It's absolutely gorgeous, but it's being picked up as a CRT by the Nvidia control panel, so I can't use the gfx card's scaling as opposed to the inferior scaling unit on the monitor itself.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
did it not come with a disk containing a profile for your gfx drivers?

Sar

Part of the furniture
It came with an inf and icm file for the monitor, and I've installed both those, but I'm getting the following options in the Nvidia control panel:

Capture_3.jpg

Whereas, I should be getting:

NVFORCE_6.jpg

With regards to the flat panel settings...

Sar

Part of the furniture
If the 2nd image isn't showing up, I've a copy here:

NVFORCE_6.jpg

Sar

Part of the furniture
Well a DVI-D cable doesn't work, either single or dual link.

Stumped now :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom