dvd writer

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Right, I need a bog standard el cheapo DVD writer for a simple computer. Its for a mate, its low-spec, so nothing fancy please. Just the basic thing that'll read and write everything. Doesn't need to write dual-layer discs. IDE interface.

Any recommendations? Cheap as you like.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
pioneer 110 can be found for £15, 111D can be had for £25 oem

firmware flash em with dangerous brothers patch and dvd right preety much any disc disc uber fast

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
what is this patch you speak of? I've got a 107D from Pioneer and never had a problem. Other than windows being a pain in the arse, but what else is new eh.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Yaka said:
pioneer 110 can be found for £15, 111D can be had for £25 oem

firmware flash em with dangerous brothers patch and dvd right preety much any disc disc uber fast

What he said^^^^^^

www.bigpockets.co.uk sometimes have the older models for sale.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ordered a Pioneer 111 from that bigpockets place, cheers guys.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
TdC said:
what is this patch you speak of? I've got a 107D from Pioneer and never had a problem. Other than windows being a pain in the arse, but what else is new eh.

some dvd dyes (think i have spelt it right) are limited to 4x or 8x like the ace ritek g04/5 dyes the patch just alows you to burn at 12x or 16x. the dangerous bros release new firmware each time pioneer/nec/plextor etc release new firmware for thier drives and some times even fix fualts oh and they remove region codes:) always used patched firmware since the days of pioneer 105 drives

http://tdb.rpc1.org/

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
cheers matey :) mine's the only one not on the list though :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom