This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dv editing some hardware questions

Discussion in 'Techie Discussion' started by gamenutt, Jan 13, 2004.

1. gamenutt

gamenutt Guest

System specs: basically I have a p4 2.53 Ghz, a asus p4s8x mobo, 2 x 512mb ddr pc 2700 ram, radeon 9600 128mb and a nvidia ti 4200 64mb (have to decide which is goin in new system and older system) and a creative audigy 2 platinum, a toshiba 8x dvdrom, a sony dru-510a dvd/rw and a pinnacle studio deluxe board and I have 2 80 gb ata/133 7200 rpm drives. I want to run a raid array on for the current systems.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to run the raid array. With the p4s8x it supports raid only with 1 ata 133 and 1 serial or 2 or more serials. would it be worth gettin a sata drive or is there some good cheap raid controller cards out there. Or they have sata to pata converters anyone know anything about those. I heard asus's other than bein hard to finsd is easily broken so I dont want that.

And I have quick question about monitor set up.... Im usin dual monitor right now on the radeon 9600 which is great for video editing. But I have a video monitor that is above these two monitors and was wonderin if there is a way I can set it up for premiere pro to preview on the video monitor. :touch: