Dutch CE Preorder

Belsameth

Tainted
Hi,

Long time :p

Anyway, has anyone been able to spot a site that ships the CE to the netherlands? Sadly the only site GOA lists and that I can understand is play.com and they don't ship outside the UK (bunch of heathens!)

I'd kill for a CE, so if anybody has any luck... please drop a line here :D

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
amazon.de seems to be able to ship to the netherlands... and if you know some german that should be alright ;)
do be sure to buy the 'special action' that costs €89.98

(so "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning - Pre-Order Pack zur Collector's Edition. Inkl. Beta-Zugang und exklusiven Bonus Spielinhalten. Vollversion separat erhältlich." + "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning - Collector's Edition (Pre-Order-Pack separat erhältlich!)" )

Belsameth

Tainted
That might work. My german is pretty awfull tho. As I understand from the site they ship the german language game?

Nyssa

Fledgling Freddie
So the game ain't even here yet, and the terrible goa marketing strategy already strikes belgian and dutch users... Good start :(

Camillo

Loyal Freddie
Seeing how Germans dub everything i would actually be surprised if it was English version.

It's the german version, but you can switch to english easily by selecting a non-german server, worked for me with every morpg so far and will also work with WAR (I always have to buy german versions, since everything's gets translated here - unfortunately :) )

My Preorder pack arrived today, ordered it last Saturday, it's an empty dvd case with 3 keys (Open Beta / Early Start / Bonus items)

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
idd, could be the comic is in german though, but I kinda doubt it...

Belsameth

Tainted
That's exactly my worry. Is the pre-order box german? For as far as there's text on it, ofcourse :)

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
well, I'm inclined to say no, because it's a CE box... But it could as well be.

But all the text on the box has been leaked in english already, so you could read it in there anyways ;)

But maybe IainC knows if those boxes from Germany will be in German?

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
i really don't understand why there is no retailers for the pre-order CE in countries like Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal,Italy,.... It seems like Mythic/Goa forgot most of Western Europe

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
and it shook me they forgot Belgium... I mean, damn, we're probably the most important country in whole of Europe, if not the world!

We make waffles, french fries (whitch are basically belgian fries really), great beers,... And we host the HQs of some of the biggest global organisations... and on top of that we have a very geeky population that's really into MMORPGs like War :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
i really don't understand why there is no retailers for the pre-order CE in countries like Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal,Italy,.... It seems like Mythic/Goa forgot most of Western Europe

The English CE pre-order page only lists the retailers who will be selling the English box. For the other languages if you click the relevant flag at the top of the page you'll see all the German, French, Spanish and Italian retailers on the appropriate pages.

I don't have any info about Dutch retailers becoming partners, nor do I know at the moment what the change on Play.com's site is about and whether it will affect people from outside the UK who have already pre-ordered. I have asked but it may take a little while to get an answer as we have to go via our distributors who will get us an answer in their own time.

Belsameth

Tainted
Thank you. Not the info I was hoping for, but hey.
A dutch retailer wouldn't even be needed, as long as one of the english ones shipped outside the UK. (play.com) and that're in a language that the more civilized amongst us can read. (ie. english, and not norse or whatever else is there)

IainC

Thank you. Not the info I was hoping for, but hey.
A dutch retailer wouldn't even be needed, as long as one of the english ones shipped outside the UK. (play.com) and that're in a language that the more civilized amongst us can read. (ie. english, and not norse or whatever else is there)

All the retailers on the English pre-order page are supplying the English version of the game.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
All the retailers on the English pre-order page are supplying the English version of the game.

Yeah, but try finding one with a language you are able to read or one that actually ships to the benelux :(

Belsameth

Tainted
Damnit. Can't edit my message.

IanC: Could you tell us what exactly is translated in the german CE? Is it just the software, or also the comic and everything else in it?
Or maybe just the software and box?

And if I would order that (and I can understand this would be a bit early to ask) how difficult would it be to switch to an english language version of the game?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
One of the german sites stated that the game manual is in german and the game has german subtitles.
(I rather doubt it has subtitles so I guess they mean the game is in german :( )

But surely the open beta requires you to download the latest game build so maybe we can use that to play the game when it goes "live" ??

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
that's weird, since the usual MMORPG in Europa has special servers for languages... eg daoc had french, german and english servers (very good way to learn a foreign language by the way... I learned lots of french in school, but I learned to use it in daoc ;) ).
So as long as you don't go on a german server you should be fine... or that's the way it usually goes, could be different with war <looks hopefully up at IainC>

IainC

The client is multilingual, you'll be able to install the game in any of the supported languages no matter what version you buy. All the other stuff however is localised - if you buy a German CE then the box, the manual, the artbook and the comic will all be in German.

The pre-order pack is a multilingual flyer with the instructions on it in all five supported languages and some codes. The empty DVD box that comes with it may also be multilingual but it's not very important, the actual CE box is the important thing.

Belsameth

Tainted
Thank you again, IainC. And again not the answer I was hoping for... :(
I truly hope you'll have some positive news for us in the benelux at some point.
(Send you money, so you can personally send us a copy maybe? Or a beta invite to compensate for the lack of CE ;) )

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
The English CE pre-order page only lists the retailers who will be selling the English box. For the other languages if you click the relevant flag at the top of the page you'll see all the German, French, Spanish and Italian retailers on the appropriate pages.
Oops, my fault....

Well if i can make a few suggestions then :)

Fnac, which seems to be partner in Greece and France, is also a chain in Belgium. Fnac Belgium - livre, boeken, CD, DVD, Jeux, Games, GSM, MP3, Informatique, Computer, Photo, Foto, TV, Spectacle, Concert

Maybe another partner could be Free record shop, which has tons of stores in Belgium and Netherlands

And in Belgium there is also a chain of gamestores called Gamemania

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Already tried those :D
Gamemania and Free Record shop don't have it and for some strange reason Fnac only sells the French CE and Pre-order kit in the dutch speaking Fnac stores :confused:

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
Aye Fnac is selling the French Pre-Order kit in belgium not the english version !! :(

Belgium is not a French country grrr :)

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Belgium is a french country for 1/2 mates! (if you look at the amount of people living there it'd be 2/5, but that's still a big bunch). And I also believe fnac was originally a french shop, so it kinda makes sense they focus on selling that version of the game.

it would be cool if gamemania had it... but I think that's a too small chain for GOA to just contact them by themselves. But gamemania would be cool, there's one in the city I live in :)

there's also a shop called 'The Outpost'... they're pretty big on WoW stuff and all other PC games, maybe they would sell WAR CE too if GOA lets them. only thing is I think there are only 3 shops of that chain in Belgium... could be 2 also (they have a site, you should check there, am too lazy to do it myself :) )

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
Aye Fnac is selling the French Pre-Order kit in belgium not the english version !! :(

Belgium is not a French country grrr :)
eek i did not know that either

I just ordered, or at least tried to order the French version. I can read French :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom