(Durgi post cont..)Taking opted rvr to agramon, does it hurt the casual gamer?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
ive seen he doesn't whine about adds.

Maybe so. :) Though didn't he ban Taglim (who happened to be in our group) from his irc channel after we added on a fight in Emain? Pretty pitiful that :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well i know him better then you, i can guarantee he gets over his frustration in no-time and defends the fact everyone can play as they wish. but everyone gets pissed now and then :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Durgi said:
Last time i checked RvR stood for Realm vs Realm.. not fg vs fg.
If I could get a dollar everytime I read those exact words I wouldn't have to work a day in my entire life :>

Corran

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:
If I could get a dollar everytime I read those exact words I wouldn't have to work a day in my entire life :>

If i could get a dollar everytime i read those words i would just keep quoting someone that said it :D

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Maybe so. :) Though didn't he ban Taglim (who happened to be in our group) from his irc channel after we added on a fight in Emain? Pretty pitiful that :p

check the pages, somewhere i wrote i dont mind adding, and i wil cry the day there is no1 who does it. im just writing things as i see them, not to whine about it (even if some see it as so). i dont complain about it beyond 2 or 3 words when we die to it, and i dont hold grudges against it.

except....
when ppl continue to do it to an extent that goes to the point where i consider it so disrespectfull its beyond fun (not fun ot get chain zerged, not fun to get killed by adds in a 1v1 8 times in a row, not fun to see ur grp log cause u cant fight due to the same ppl adding over and over).
hence i dont kill more than a handfull of soloers, and i dont add on fights (tho there are a few i wouldnt mind adding on, and admittedly there has been a few days on the odd occasion where i have been in a grp where we have added upon those who went too far).

as for taglim, he and his grp added on us, i asked him not to do it.
he, and them added again on our next run, i asked him not to.
and then we simply got zerged by him and 3 or 4fg or whatever, and i banned him.
if he has so little respect for the members of tdd (and me especially), he has no buisness to be in our small guild channel ... what excactely is he there for if not to talk to us, grp with us, or whatever.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
If i could get a dollar everytime i read those words i would just keep quoting someone that said it :D
Pfft.. that's cheating! :>

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
For most of the fg-fg and 1-1 crowd its not about rps...(believe me its a good night on lagramon if you get 30k whereas iRvR its easy to do 50k in a good group.

For a lot of them it becomes about having outwitted/outsmarted or just plain out-RA/ML-dumped your opponents. You get to test your character (i avoid the word skill here deliberately) against opponent(s) who in theory are capable of standing up to you.

I'd say if you dont like the kind of thing that this thread references and that the recent respect charter tried to implement,fine - you pays your subs you plays your way.

Think about this though - a lot of the good 8-8 groups can survive adds and still hold it together, certainly long enough to flatten some/most of the adds.
HOWEVER if they steam into you from behind for a revenge add and youre not one of said groups youre eating dirt in seconds.

I know for a fact most groups (having run with a number of groups over the time ive been playing) will snap after the second/third add from the same group and make their night about making the other groups life a misery.

Just my thoughts.

Incidentally for the recent pms (soz for the lack of reply) no im not retired entirely lately, just not really playing as ive a new job. Might make more of an effort to play if i find the upcoming patch makes life more fun - atm being chain stealthzerged really doesnt get me my jollies.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
eble said:
just bring out instanced fg zones and the FG can piss off there tbh.

no loss.

Eble

why should it be the fgs ? no-one has more right than someone else to play anywhere in DAoC. something like a dueling instance would be nice, so u dont get steam rolled, but havin fgs + zergs in same zone is kinda essential to the survival of the game imo

Horner

Banned
Kerith said:
why should it be the fgs ? no-one has more right than someone else to play anywhere in DAoC. something like a dueling instance would be nice, so u dont get steam rolled, but havin fgs + zergs in same zone is kinda essential to the survival of the game imo

Yeahhhh If the so-called :worthy: Elite :worthy: full groups didn't get to fight their usual 8vs1 , 8vs2, 8vs3, 8vs4 ...... 8vs7 .... I guess the game would be deadly boring in no time. :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Horner said:
Yeahhhh If the so-called :worthy: Elite :worthy: full groups didn't get to fight their usual 8vs1 , 8vs2, 8vs3, 8vs4 ...... 8vs7 .... I guess the game would be deadly boring in no time. :D
Since when is 1-7ppl a zerg vs a fg? ^^

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
gwal said:
check the pages, somewhere i wrote i dont mind adding, and i wil cry the day there is no1 who does it. im just writing things as i see them, not to whine about it (even if some see it as so). i dont complain about it beyond 2 or 3 words when we die to it, and i dont hold grudges against it.

except....
when ppl continue to do it to an extent that goes to the point where i consider it so disrespectfull its beyond fun (not fun ot get chain zerged, not fun to get killed by adds in a 1v1 8 times in a row, not fun to see ur grp log cause u cant fight due to the same ppl adding over and over).
hence i dont kill more than a handfull of soloers, and i dont add on fights (tho there are a few i wouldnt mind adding on, and admittedly there has been a few days on the odd occasion where i have been in a grp where we have added upon those who went too far).

as for taglim, he and his grp added on us, i asked him not to do it.
he, and them added again on our next run, i asked him not to.
and then we simply got zerged by him and 3 or 4fg or whatever, and i banned him.
if he has so little respect for the members of tdd (and me especially), he has no buisness to be in our small guild channel ... what excactely is he there for if not to talk to us, grp with us, or whatever.

If you check my posts I don't say FG'ers have to go Agramon either. It's always been the same (crap some would say :p) from me - which is that if you want unadded fights then Agramon is the obvious place for it and that's where people should go. Also the discussion was about whether fgs having Agramon "hurts" the casual player or not, which is the context I was replying in. If you ain't fussed about adds then it makes no odds and I really don't know why we're debating it :)

As for disrespecting you, I'd say that's down to your perception. Just because people don't share the same view on "adding" as you doesn't make it disrespectful - it simply means they don't subscribe to your view of the game and what constitutes respect. Which I guess is where we differ. People playing the game as they have a right to is not an issue of respect - it's of perception. (I know some will struggle with that concept, but that's the reality - I always find it ironic when they talk about respect while happily bitching at people who just happen to play the game as it was marketed and sold.) Personally, I give respect to fg'ers by saying if you play in Agramon then I'll leave them well alone (which is more than many would do ) - but I don't subscribe to the view that all fg fights should be left alone no matter where they are taking place. If someone chooses to turn that into being disrespectful then that is down to them and is really not my problem.

And as for Tag, he wasn't driving and wasn't selecting which fights we joined in on - so to blame him for us adding was silly. Yeah he could have left his group (which was mainly made up of his guildmates) but that wouldn't have changed anything. Then again, he doesn't need me to speak for him, so I'll leave it.

Anyways, that's all from me on this one - it's been done to death :p

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
As quoted on the camelot reporter

Each one has his own view of fair-play, of the type of game he likes and of what he expects from his companions. But whatever happens, it is not acceptable to have players insulting or threatening others which includes when some players did not follow their own RvR code of conduct. As long as we remain within the frame of the GOA Rules of Conduct there is no good or bad way to play Dark Age of Camelot, and thus, no reason to try and impose one's way to the others.
And we must keep in mind that everyone is here to play, that every character met, friend or enemy, is only the representation of a player who, as oneself, logged in to have fun.

Only epeens moan and take the game too seriously.

auroria

Banned
and what if all pve got instances, so horner couldnt kill his squishy little greycons with his di/bg bot? ;<

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Mas said:
As quoted on the camelot reporter

Each one has his own view of fair-play, of the type of game he likes and of what he expects from his companions. But whatever happens, it is not acceptable to have players insulting or threatening others which includes when some players did not follow their own RvR code of conduct. As long as we remain within the frame of the GOA Rules of Conduct there is no good or bad way to play Dark Age of Camelot, and thus, no reason to try and impose one's way to the others.
And we must keep in mind that everyone is here to play, that every character met, friend or enemy, is only the representation of a player who, as oneself, logged in to have fun.

Only epeens moan and take the game too seriously.
once again someone completely misses the point of the whole post
same goes fro the rest of you whining about adds.

chronictank said:
(Durgi post cont..)Taking opted rvr to agramon, does it hurt the casual gamer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom