Durability/Repair - straight from Sanya's Grab Bag

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
There's been a lot of discussion about Durability and Condition and so forth on items when they are getting repaired. This week's grab bag had something right at the top of it so I figured it was worth sticking on a thread. Like everyone else, I've noticed the state of Condition loss rocketing and I'm having to repair a lot more. Here's the scoop. Its important beause it basically affects how long your item will last you:

---

Q: There seems to be a lot of confusion about durability loss from armor and weapon repairs. You answered this question in a previous grab bag awhile back and stated that durability loss is only affected by the amount of con repaired.

However, many experienced players state that there is an ADDITIONAL cost for the repair itself. In other words: All items will lose 1% DUR for every 1% CON repaired, and they will lose 1% more DUR for the repair itself. Thus, an item repaired at 99% CON will lose 2% DUR.

A: In this case, the players are quite right. My old answer is wrong. Thanks for writing – and a gentle reminder to all my loyal Friday night readers: If the Herald kicks back two answers, always use the one with the most recent date.

---

And here's the link...

Sanya's Grab Bag

... for the full Grab Bag.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
what happens if you repair at 100% con but after it's ever so slightly damaged?

does it cost 1%?

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
what happens if you repair at 100% con but after it's ever so slightly damaged?

does it cost 1%?
you can't repair at 100% con

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
On the contrary, you can repair at 100%. Sometimes the smith will even charge you more than 1c to do so. Not sure if it has any affect or not, though.

I like the way Mythic/Sanya about-faced and tried to hide the increase in durability loss of items though.

sko

Loyal Freddie
It's just a poor attempt to make people have to farm more/spend more time/more money earned.

:barf:

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
sko said:
It's just a poor attempt to make people have to farm more/spend more time/more money earned.

like every good mmorpg :m00:

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed that in grab bag too... I've always thought that no matter at what con % you repair at, it always loses same amount of durability.. For example repairing twice at 98% would lose same durability than repairing once at 96%..
But apparently each repair takes 1% con off too in addition to repaired con amount... I've always repaired at 98% or 99%... If I'd known this, I surely would had waited until 97% atleast every time :(

Ciclya

Fledgling Freddie
I found out that you can repair 1 item you have atleast one time without it taking any dur loss and for free. Maybe it also repairs dur, but I'm not sure. In Gothwaite castle above the horsestables is a necromancer which takes 1 item to repair it. I don't know why, he is just there.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:

Yeah, I tried this today with my staff. It was at 100% con but still little used (so probably like 99.9%), I repaired and it took 1% dur away. Also checked the other repairing with 98% con vest and it lost 3% dur when repaired..
So it looks like it works exactly how they now said on Grab Bag.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
sko said:

The increased item degridgation was intoduced to balance SCing/Alcing, otherwise we would all have our Uber sets & items for a very long time.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
With the 1% loss per time you repair it makes sense to let condition drop down to 95% or somewhere in that region. Do anyone know how the damage/protection on weapon/armour is affected by that?

Tir

Fledgling Freddie
Effective Damage = ( WeapDam/100 ) * WeapQual * WeapCon * WeapDelay

Maximum Damage = Damage Multiplier * AF Multiplier * Effective Damage

(taken from the herald)

So this means that yes, for every con lost you do loose damage, but it's not a huge amount. However, what I have noticed is miss rates seem to go up as well, but I can't find anything on these. Anyone know how these are calculated?

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tir said:
However, what I have noticed is miss rates seem to go up as well, but I can't find anything on these. Anyone know how these are calculated?

I don't suppose even Mythic knows how that is calculated :)

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Belorfyn said:
I noticed that in grab bag too... I've always thought that no matter at what con % you repair at, it always loses same amount of durability.. For example repairing twice at 98% would lose same durability than repairing once at 96%..
But apparently each repair takes 1% con off too in addition to repaired con amount... I've always repaired at 98% or 99%... If I'd known this, I surely would had waited until 97% atleast every time :(

I've repaired my items at 96% for a few years now.. :)

xoboll

Fledgling Freddie
phhh. killed far too many sabres to count.. but it seems that if its repaired by a crafter it lasts a little longer b4 it loses con.. discovered this on my bg1 infs lvl 50 items (omg) i would lose 1 % every time i died, but when i repaired using one of my crafters it got 4 or 5 deaths in b4 i lost 1 % :) may just be coincidence but it seems to be a recurring thing :)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
My wiz armor degrade damm fast !

Nerf all dem savages 1!!!1! it isn´t even 300k rps old and it´s at 95% dur !!

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
She also says in a post today that there's a problem with degrade rates and that items are degrading too fast. however they've no idea exactly where the problem in the code is. So watch this space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom