Duplicate image finder

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Not sure if I've asked this b4, I have searched on her but not found anything

Anyone know of a decent duplicate image finder?

I have Irfanview but cant seen to find anything in there that does it

Ta

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Duplicate Photo Finder. I think I downloaded it naughtily years ago and haven't tried another since. There may well be freeware alternatives though if you're feeling guilty.

Edmond

Duplicate Photo Finder. I think I downloaded it naughtily years ago and haven't tried another since. There may well be freeware alternatives though if you're feeling guilty.
Thanks, although this site looks like it hasn't been updated for a few years, does it work on 7 & 8?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yep. Anything that works in Vista will definitely work in later versions and anything that works in 2000 or XP will almost definitely work in later versions..

Edmond

Yep. Anything that works in Vista will definitely work in later versions and anything that works in 2000 or XP will almost definitely work in later versions..
Thank you

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
None do what you want though, you still end up having to spend ages checking because you don't trust the program, or maybe thats just me. Some compare the images and the size and filename but none seem to get it perfect.

Lightroom finds all of your images on a drive so you can put them into one folder, I found that useful before running a duplicate finding program Edlar.

Edmond

None do what you want though, you still end up having to spend ages checking because you don't trust the program, or maybe thats just me. Some compare the images and the size and filename but none seem to get it perfect.

Lightroom finds all of your images on a drive so you can put them into one folder, I found that useful before running a duplicate finding program Edlar.

Yes, this. I have put the duplicates in a separate folder b4 I delete them, but I keep picking a random image just to see if its still in the original folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom