Dual Wield

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Nugusta, Dec 30, 2004.

1. ST^

ST^ Part of the furniture

How would you know MS is the best thing a warrior has if its the only spec you play?

Of course if you think its the only way to go, you'll always suck.

2. Shady-

Shady- Fledgling Freddie

Take a cookie baby,sit down and relax :) What's ur warrior's lvl? Oh let me guess....15? and do you think you know about the game everything? sure you do ! All classes are equal ofc ! wow pvp system is balanced and gr8 ! and all ppl who play warrs in pvp just suck...bad luck for poor class ! you are a tipical noob :) You can cry a river and call me an idiot,but take and eat my opinion heh.Warriors are pretty gimped in pvp nowadays and pvp of wow is an early beta.When i mean pvp i dont mean fg on fg coz it doesnt exist yet,but duels/small grps ^^ In zerg all are equal/champions ofc ! But i am not such a big fan of *this* like you are :kissit:

3. Shady-

Shady- Fledgling Freddie

I didnt say MS is the best thing warr got,but it is the best dmgdealing thing.What can you offer for test? dual+fury?2h wep + arms is way better imho.Something else?

4. Nugusta

Nugusta One of Freddy's beloved

But here you're obviously talking about frontload? Depending on the mob I would have guessed in some cases Execute would do quite abit of damage.

5. k9awya

k9awya Can't get enough of FH

if posting at me, make it orderly then i may actually read it

thats just screams out SKIP ME, SKIIIIIIIP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6. Shady-

Shady- Fledgling Freddie

stfu :D

7. Shady-

Shady- Fledgling Freddie

Ye execute does more dmg as frontload ability but i was talking about dps :) MS doesnt have restrictions to timer/hp % e.t.c.

8. Krunch-X

Krunch-X Fledgling Freddie

Wow ... looks like you guys are ready for the official forums now :p

9. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy

Shady-, play nice. K9, don't rise to it.

Bah, humbug.

:eek:

10. Nugusta

Rage

11. Shady-

Shady- Fledgling Freddie

I can use MS more often so it's more effective blablabla.Cant compare MS with execute coz they fit each other.

12. k9awya

k9awya Can't get enough of FH

i think hes trying to prove to me he is a good warrior or something though, or act as if im wrong about warrior

not that i said anything concerning warrior facts.. think he got mixed up

13. Dommelsch

Dommelsch Fledgling Freddie

thugs has started playing wow now :(

14. Shady-

Shady- Fledgling Freddie

I knew that :D

15. Nugusta

How do they fit each other?

If by saying you can use MS more often because of executes 20% life prereq

Heroic Strike
    Requires: Melee Weapon
    A strong attack that increases melee damage by X.

Rank Rage Cast X Level
    8 15 Next Attack 124 56

*Mortal Strike
    Requires: Talent - Mortal Strike, Melee Weapon

A vicious strike that deals weapon damage + X and wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 50% for 10 sec.

Rank Rage Cast X Cooldown Level
    4 30 Instant 160 6 sec 60

Doesn't seem too much of a difference in damage besides the nice effect of MS, but that only effects targets being healed.

16. Shady-

Shady- Fledgling Freddie

MS is *insta spell*,the same like WW...heroic strike is *dmg bonus* to ur next attack(and it's lower then is written,dunno why).MS with slow wep does more dmg per rage point then improved heroic strike 3(heroic strike 8 for 12 rage).

17. gia

gia Fledgling Freddie

Heroic strike is a huge flaming turd. :)

No reason to compare it to mortal strike. You should never use HS unless there is absolutely nothing else worthwhile to spend rage on.

The truth is if you want a straight rage->damage ability MS has always been the best candidate, it still is good after the multiple changes.

That said, I have tried MS builds but tbh it's not my style, I don't like the way it uses up so much rage. I'd rather boost my performance with other passive talents and have more rage to play around with for other abilities.

I still don't know what build I'm going for though. :) I change my mind constantly. :p I do know what I'm gonna take first though, If I go for MS or flurry or concussion blow or whatever it will be only after 50.

18. gia

gia Fledgling Freddie

Oh about Heroic Strike, maybe I should explain this better.

Heroic strike adds X damage to your next normal melee swing.
    This results in a hit for weapon damage + X.
    That weapon damage though would have happened anyway so in the end you're paying 15 rage for just the X damage.

In the case of mortal strike you're using 30 rage for an ADDITIONAL instant attack between your normal swings that deals weapon damage + X.

Now if you do the math and check what damage you can do for the rage spent mortal strike comes out better... but heroic strike is not too far behind, right?

Wrong.

When you use heroic strike, it replaces your next melee swing. That swing would have generated some rage. Heroic strike doesn't generate any rage when you hit, this means that its true cost is 15 rage + what you would have gained on the next hit. If you're using a 2hander that is pretty significant, with a 1hander that will be less but it still doesn't make HS wortwhile unless you have extra rage to spare.

19. Nugusta

I see, thanks for explaining, Im just going from figures atm. :(