Dual Wield

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Thinking of making a dual wielding fury warrior, provided that can work, did some working out comparing rogue to a warrior. Since warriors can't get any form of increasing offhand damage and it starts at 50% of the base damage, I decided to go for Imp. Battle Shout 5.

Dual Wield Comparison

Im. Battle Shout 5 = 25%
Dual wield Spec 5 = 50%

E.g. Weapon = 85 damage

Warrior

Mainhand = 100% base damage

(46.25+185+85) = 316.25

85 base damage
185 damage battle shout
+25% more battle shout = 231.25
+ weapon damage = 316.25
+ str modifier =

Providing all the above is correct then offhand = 273.75

offhand = 50% less base weapon damage

(46.25+185+42.5) = 273.75

Rogue

(85*50%) 85+42.5 = 127.5 = Dual Wield Spec rank 5

85 base damage
+50% damage rank 5 dual wield = (85+42.5) = 127.5
+str/agil modifier =

If anyone knows the formula on how str and agil effect this would be helpful.
Or an estimated guess at what agil/dex a Rogue and warrior have at 60.

Or just say if its completely wrong :p

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Crud :p Fuzzy mind moving this to Class Discussion? Thanks in advance..

Solid

Fledgling Freddie
Since the Mortal Strike change most warriors seem to be considering a DW Fury spec build, I think I may try it myself, sounds fun. Not sure how useful Bloodthirst is tho for a 30point pre-req in talent tree, Mortal Strike seems to be a better purchase overall. Flurry is a damn nice passive tho, shame u can't spec Flurry AND Weapon Spec (EG Axes to improve Crit) cos that woulld be awesome, a evenly split Arms/Fury spec!

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Came up with this relatively quick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fury Warrior - Savage wannabe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fury

Booming Voice

Rank 1 : Increases the duration of your Battle Shout and Demoralizing Shout by 10%.
Rank 2 : 20%
Rank 3 : 30%
Rank 4 : 40%
Rank 5 : 50%

Cruelty

Rank 1 : Increases your chance to get a critical strike with melee weapons by 1%.
Rank 2 : 2%
Rank 3 : 3%
Rank 4 : 4%
Rank 5 : 5%

Improved Demoralizing Shout

Rank 1 : Increases the Attack Power reduction of your Demoralizing Shout by 5%.
Rank 2 : 10%
Rank 3 : 15%
Rank 4 : 20%
Rank 5 : 25%

Piercing Howl

New Spell:
Instant cast
10 Rage

Causes all enemies near the warrior to be dazed for 6 sec.

Improved Battle Shout

Rank 1 : Increases the Attack Power bonus of your Battle Shout by 5%.
Rank 2 : 10%
Rank 3 : 15%
Rank 4 : 20%
Rank 5 : 25%

Enrage

Rank 1 : Gives you a 8% melee damage bonus for 4 swings any time you are the victim of a critical strike.
Rank 2 : 16%
Rank 3 : 24%
Rank 4 : 32%
Rank 5 : 40%

Death Wish

New Spell:
Instant cast
10 Energy
3 min cooldown

When activated, increases your Physical damage by 20% and makes you immune to fear,
but lowers your defense against all types of damage by 20%. Lasts 30 sec.

Improved Intercept

Rank 1 : Reduces the cooldown of your Intercept ability by 5 sec.
Rank 2 : 10 sec

Flurry

Rank 1 : Increases your attack speed by 10% for your next 3 swings after dealing a critical strike.
Rank 2 : 15%
Rank 3 : 20%
Rank 4 : 25%
Rank 5 : 30%

Bloodthirst

Rank 1 : Activates after dealing a killing blow. Your next weapon attack deals 100% increased damage

Fury Total: 35 points.

Arms

Deflection

Rank 1 : Increases your Parry chance by 1%.
Rank 2 : 2%
Rank 3 : 3%
Rank 4 : 4%
Rank 5 : 5%

Improved Rend

Rank 1 : Increases the bleed damage done by your Rend ability by 15%.
Rank 2 : 25%
Rank 3 : 35%

Tactical Mastery

Rank 1 : You retain up to 5 points of rage when you change stances.
Rank 2 : 10 points
Rank 3 : 15 points
Rank 4 : 20 points
Rank 5 : 30 points

Improved Thunder Clap

Rank 1 : Increases the damage done by your Thunder Clap by 8%.
Rank 2 : 16%
Rank 3 : 24%

Deep Wounds

Rank 1 : Your critical strikes cause the opponent to bleed, dealing 20% of your melee weapon's average damage over 12 sec.
Rank 2 : 40%
Rank 3 : 60%

Arms Total: 16

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
19% more. But can be modified by items with %chance to hit.

How does dual wield work in WoW?

I guess the offhand has a base chance to swing along with main hand? If that's the case then I'll gladly miss out on the 19% loss in accuracy for more damage.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Nugusta said:
19% more. But can be modified by items with %chance to hit.

How does dual wield work in WoW?

I guess the offhand has a base chance to swing along with main hand? If that's the case then I'll gladly miss out on the 19% loss in accuracy for more damage.
I heard it was 25% chance more on missing (meaning [chance to miss] = 0.75* [base chance other weapons have])?

And weapons swing on their own speed, so there is no swinging along with main hand like daoc. If main weaponspeed is 2 sec and offhand is 1 than offhand will swing every sec while main every 2 (atleast that is how I understood it). However offhand does take a penalty on the damage it does, I think it was 50% of the damage it should be doing, but it could be 50% of the base weapondamage. I wouldnt know for sure.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
How does Dual Wielding work?

Off-hand attacks deal 50% of the weapon's designated damage.
Your base chance to miss when Dual Wielding is 24% as compared to 5% when wielding a single weapon.

^From classesofwarcraft

Hence why I calculated the damage variances between 2 different skills for Rogue and Warrior :p

I guessed some people would tell me just to roll a rogue so I wanted to see the difference in damage.

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
Dualwield misses shitloads...

What he said :(

6 misses in a row is not close to:-

"I'll gladly miss out on the 19% loss in accuracy...."

And its not only me and it is a regular occurance!

Although when it does hit, can be nice ;)

(granted this observation was at approx lvl 30 so who knows at 60?)

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
25% chance to miss, I guess it will miss alot more in general but thats 25% chance to miss per swing per weapon.
If the weapons swing at different speeds as stated above your dps will still be high.

Either way, I'll test it in FB, was just an idea to make the class since it has alot of skills that increase attack speed.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Galelawyn said:
fact and "working as intended)

That doesn't tell me much.

Fact as in it's known to the players.
Working as intended in Daoc terms? :p

gia

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried all kinds of weapon setups while leveling my current warrior in .kr OB and dual wield isn't bad.

The overall dps is more or less the same as an equivalent 2hander. Misses are not a problem as long as you're not trying to fight stuff that is more than 2 levels above you.

A tip for dual weilders: sharpening stones! they help a lot when using fast weapons.

Anyway what is better between dw/2h depends on what kind of build you're going for and what skills you are going to focus on. Many skills heavily favor slow weapons: overpower, mortal strike, retaliation, slam. Although with dw you're swinging more often so there are more chances for dodge->overpower.

They are both viable imo.

Oh and btw there is nothing in a fury build that says you have to go dw :), fury works great with two handers as well. The only talent that is only effective with dual is unbrindled wrath and after trying it I don't consider it worth the points. One point in anger management is worth more than 5 in unbrindled wrath.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
flurry is a lot more effective with DW though

gia

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
flurry is a lot more effective with DW though
Not as much as you would think.

Flurry lasts only 3 swings, it's easier to get a crit when duel wielding but the effect lasts longer on a two hander.

I'm not arguing that either is better anyway, I'd say it evens out.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
gia said:
Not as much as you would think.

Flurry lasts only 3 swings, it's easier to get a crit when duel wielding but the effect lasts longer on a two hander.

I'm not arguing that either is better anyway, I'd say it evens out.

Thanks for the input :) Having not played the game, and just looking at the talents I don't really know which weapon type I would prefare.

edit: Sharpening stones? Haven't read anything about that, what is it?

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
Warr in wow is the same like paladin in daoc.Forget about making offensive char from him ^^

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Shady- said:
Warr in wow is the same like paladin in daoc.Forget about making offensive char from him ^^

dont be stupid.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Shady- said:

I can get bored trying xD

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
dont be stupid.
Heh i have 60 warr on US server and know what i am writing about.Shaman's frostshock does 1,5x more dmg then MS with 3,8 speed 2h wep.Unstopable nerfs of warr just show intentions of blizzard to make from it pve only class(MS was nerfed again in the last patch if you didnt know ^^).But well,pvp of wow is an early beta anyway.

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
Shady- said:
Heh i have 60 warr on US server and know what i am writing about.Shaman's frostshock does 1,5x more dmg then MS with 3,8 speed 2h wep.Unstopable nerfs of warr just show intentions of blizzard to make from it pve only class(MS was nerfed again in the last patch if you didnt know ^^).But well,pvp of wow is an early beta anyway.

so MS is the only good thing warrior got? :m00:
and you cant really compare a castable spell vs a melee hit, warrior got alot of other stuff making them pretty strong..

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Shady- said:

means nothing, there are lvl 60 priests who claim they are crap, and shadow is UNDERPOWERED

getting a lvl in a game doesnt mean you know what you are talking about, stating that simply shows you need to produce such facts to try and convince people you are right

and he is right, you cant compare a warr. to a daoc paladin

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
means nothing, there are lvl 60 priests who claim they are crap, and shadow is UNDERPOWERED

getting a lvl in a game doesnt mean you know what you are talking about, stating that simply shows you need to produce such facts to try and convince people you are right

and he is right, you cant compare a warr. to a daoc paladin
This topic isnt about shadowpriests my dear,and ye they totaly suck in duels against shamans heh(or are you a fan of shadowpriests and think they pwn everything and everywhere? oh sorry to disapoint you ^^)
Getting a lvl in game means i am not teoretic like you are.Warriors are good only in PvE and it's not a secret for most players.

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
Aeicaan said:
so MS is the only good thing warrior got? :m00:
and you cant really compare a castable spell vs a melee hit, warrior got alot of other stuff making them pretty strong..
MS is STILL the best dmgdealing thing warrior got.Ye warr got alot of other good stuff but at overall comparable to other classes it sucks.Warr in pvp is pretty gimp imho.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Shady- said:
This topic isnt about shadowpriests my dear,and ye they totaly suck in duels against shamans heh(or are you a fan of shadowpriests and think they pwn everything and everywhere? oh sorry to disapoint you ^^)
Getting a lvl in game means i am not teoretic like you are.Warriors are good only in PvE and it's not a secret for most players.

see once again you're an idiot

duelling isnt everything, and being able to beat everyone in alliance isnt bad at all is it?

MOST people who are shit at games find ways to blame the class

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom