Driven By Radar

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
point is to get more ppl reporting the same names for radar abuse.

i'm sure there are many out there that have suspicions about realmmates and even guildys. some ppl who posted in this thread already may know or suspect someone who drives them uses radar. dont stand for it. report them and get this game cleaned up.

i think the 'counterstrike effect' has already taken place and many ppl use it now because "they use it, so we may as well too"

elbeek

Part of the furniture
MesS° said:
Name and shame imo... If it can help getting these fucktards out of the game i dont mind a few innocent going down with them... What i dont understand is why it has to be tabu...

My name has cropped up in this sort of thread. Let me tell you as one of your "innocent" it fucking suxx big time.

IRL you can't just make wild accusations without any concrete evidence. If you do you may well find yourself on the receiving end of a civil court case.

We all know of players we "suspect" are using radar, but some may be lucky, some may be very good at the game and some, may indeed, be using it.

This forum is not the place to name and shame anyone. IMO those who"name and shame" with absolutely no evidence wotsover should be banned from these forums. Perhaps this will stop these endless, bullshit threads.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
[NO]Magmatic said:
This whole radar issue is like one big witch hunt !

Everyone blames everyone... 9 out of 10 times without real proof... I'm just waiting for 13 year olds to start blaming people out of the blue (if this isnt already happening)... Reading isnt a strong point for most people, so once radar + a name is combined, the rest often isnt even read...

Report them to GOA and dont post here... If its a blatend radar user, then GOA will ban them, and everyone's happy... But this constant finger pointing does no one any good...
There is no such thing as 100% proof unless somebody sits over your shoulder for the entire time you play and they themselves can be trusted that proof will not exist.

Even the Mythic tests (Prior to 1.70) are not 100%, this is and always has been the problem with cheats in game, I spent a lot of time running Punkbuster on a linux server I built a few years ago to try and protect the TFC matches we used to play.

I was 100% sure every person I banned was using a cheat, I was 100% sure that I banned the right people in league matches too, however, the question was always reasonable doubt. I had something to refer to, in DAOC you dont.

The more you play a game the more you get a feel for what happens normally you know where the stealthers move to/from you know what groups do, I played DAOC and have a few million rp's under my belt and I've seen some well dodgy stuff during that time, but I have never had the proof to back it up, I think some people are cheating bastards based on what I have seen I cant nail them though.

GOA cant nail them neither can Mythic with 100% accuracy, and frankly for Mythic to ban somebody for one day for using radar is a fucking joke, they have the right to ban full stop.

GOA/Mythic need to get their arses into gear soon or things will just get worse, people will use radar more and more or people will simply leave the game or both.

I was just getting pissed off last night, the same person just found us everytime no matter where we were. We then followed an Alb group for a run, the driver of that group has been named in these forums for radar and hey ho this particular Alb broadsides a FG+ of Mids and Albs win, the first time we followed this Alb it was pretty apparent he knew what was incomming before we did, luck? maybe.

Until GOA start to do something about this or showing us that people are being banned then more and more people will use radar and those that do use it will get more and more RP's each day.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
elbeek said:
My name has cropped up in this sort of thread. Let me tell you as one of your "innocent" it fucking suxx big time.

IRL you can't just make wild accusations without any concrete evidence. If you do you may well find yourself on the receiving end of a civil court case.

We all know of players we "suspect" are using radar, but some may be lucky, some may be very good at the game and some, may indeed, be using it.

This forum is not the place to name and shame anyone. IMO those who"name and shame" with absolutely no evidence wotsover should be banned from these forums. Perhaps this will stop these endless, bullshit threads.
Who determines how much evidence is required? I agree dont post without evidence but you have to draw a line somewhere.

Clearly GOA are not doing the work because these people are still in game, I saw 2 suspects last night, and my oh my were they lucky.

If I was as lucky as them I'd be a very very rich person...

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
counterstrike became cheater heaven when all idiots tought everyone else used radar so that was their excuse when they started useing radar aswell. (even tho players who did kill them didnt use cheats.)
and ofc many, many, did actually use wallhack/aimbots/spiked models and other hax...

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Who determines how much evidence is required? I agree dont post without evidence but you have to draw a line somewhere.

Clearly GOA are not doing the work because these people are still in game, I saw 2 suspects last night, and my oh my were they lucky.

If I was as lucky as them I'd be a very very rich person...

Or maybe they don't use Radar and thats the Reason why they still play?

Thats the whole Point. You don't know anything. You dont have any proofs. None of you. And i repeat: The only ones who can figure out who is using Radar and who not are Goa/Mythic. Those Radar Threads should get auto deleted as soon as the word Radar comes up. xD

Here, some wise words in German:

Wenn mann keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
you cant compare this to counterstrike, cs never was a fixed server like daoc is. ppl could jump in to a server and have their fun and then leave totaly anonymous. In daoc we have a server, you have a name, you have a ID so its not as easy. Here we as a community have the responsebility to report anything we see. Get proof, put em up the wall, report to goa and their gone. I highly doubt ppl will gain anything good in cheating, only a ban in the end. hopefully albs use it more so we can get a good realm balance for NF :D

Its our responsebility.. with a tight community its gonna be easy!

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Djeesus crist, i leave for a couple of miniuts and see what happens...

Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
What if you are one of the few innocents? What if one of your guildies is one of them?
If i where accused it would be a short investigation...

Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Name and shame just gives everybody a tool to backstab other people for whatever reason. Pulled from my favourite mobspot in Mithra? Better start a thread on FH accusing you of being a Radar User. Killed me while xping in DF? Start a thread on FH. You get the idea.
The other aspect is: too many people are shouting "RADAR" if they´re getting killed. That´s the usual "I died, so they MUST be cheaters!". That´s why name and shame doesn´t work.
True this has a possibllity to happen, there will allways be aholes same in RL... But then its upto the ppl around the accused to evaluate...

Icebreaker said:
Name and shame? And why it has to be tabu?

Thats easy

To accuse someone of having done something isn't a proof. Whatever you tell on these boards. They only ones who actually can to furnish proof are Goa and since Goa doesn't give any Names out there is no proof!!!!111
I got no clue what you a rambling about...

Icebreaker said:
Those Threads are pure bullshit and just hurt the innocent.

And ppl like you are really poor Persons
Im poor for wanting to keep DAoC clean?

liloe said:
that's called collateral damage. Assume your neighbour is an evil gangster and while the police tries to catch him, they accidently kill you. That would be totally ok, as a few innocents might always be going down.
Yes im ok with beeing shoot IRL... Its presisly the same thing... Idiot!

elbeek said:
Yes i bet it sucks to have ur name in this kinda tread... But as most "normal" persons can see the person accusing you didnt have a clue...

elbeek said:
Yes you can its called gossip, if you hear your GF is cheating, i bet you will react and investigate...

elbeek said:
No we dont, I havent seen anyone i surspect myself... If I surspected someone of using it i would investigate and repport, name and shame if i found valid evidence...

elbeek said:
I again claim that most ppl would react if they felt the post starter was full of air...

If ppl dont name and shame noone would know about ppl like Encyptor and other asshats...

The thing that keeps most of us hooked on DAoC is the community, I dont think cheaters are afraid of beeing banned, they are afraid of beeing exposed infront of there friends...

Im still in favour of "name and shame"...

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
and ofc many, many, did actually use wallhack/aimbots/spiked models and other hax...
yes, and several others started too aswell, because they "tought" that everony else was doing so.

vintervargen

Banned
rvn said:
yes, and several others started too aswell, because they "tought" that everony else was doing so.

50% of the time you play on a public server, some noob says 'ok im going to install WH now, just like you. then we'll see who pwn' -.-

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Icebreaker said:

I might add: Wer denkt Ahnung zu haben, sollte ebenfalls s'Maul halten.

MesS° said:
Yes im ok with beeing shoot IRL... Its presisly the same thing... Idiot!

Ah well, I shouldn't have posted this, some people deny the existance of sarcasm, but my point is, that you cannot simply shoot around, assuming that you might get some guilty people, not caring about those who've never done anything. But well, seems you agree with that. I for myself only want to be judged for things I've really done.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Konah said:
True, but the best thing of all about CS. Is the satisfaction you get from beating the cheaters without even using them yourself.

With DAoC its a different matter, radar users generally run in groups and or stealthers groups which if you "solo" you cant do shit about.

It would piss me off a huge ammount if RvR guilds like uberguild1, uberguild2, uberguild3 etc did use any form of radar to ge the upper hand, Not only is that just lame for cheating in the first place. No wonder mythic made NF so zerg friendly :/

PS Not accusing anyone of using radar just used some popular guild names as an example.
mod - changed the guild names ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
leaving this one open (have deleted the direct accusation posts - don't post any more)

Whether you agree with name and shame or not - Freddyshouse isn't the place to do your naming and shaming.

Konah's original point of: "if you group with someone who you think is radaring, then report them too" is a good one (omg I agreed with konah :() - don't have to just report the "enemy" (hell anyone radaring is the enemy in my view) but don't post it here - send it to RightNow

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Eventually the cheaters in CS and TFC forced me to leave the game (after playing them since their releases). It reached a point where i'd had enough of being RPGed at the exact moment I turned a corner or shot in the head with a pistol from way across the map on Dust. I got fed up with Valve not wanting to do a damn thing about the situation, and the only light in the tunnel was PunkBuster. However, even when this anti-cheat program was being used in leagues and found people with cheat files on their PC, the old excuse, "Oh I just installed it once to see what it was like, but I don't use it", kept on coming and they got away with just a warning.

The same thing is now happening to DAoC. But this is worse, because I actually pay to play this game each month, and have done so for close to two and a half years now. Why should I be forced out of a game I have enjoyed for all that time, and invested a lot of time and money into, because of some little kids who started playing a few months ago, and found out the only way they could compete in RvR against those who had a 2 year headstart, was to cheat. I find it interesting that certain names which keep cropping up in deathspam constantly now, were names you would never have seen before a month or two ago. All of a sudden, these people have turned into one man killing machines and rocketted to high RR for which they've received grats.

I've played this game for a long time, and I know what are the usual routes, stealther spots, etc, where people usually travel through. When my characters get killed near these spots, I know its to be expected because a lot of people go there and know there are probably enemies there. But when you're constantly hit by the same fg's (from behind) over and over again, no matter where you are or how far off the beaten track you are, then you start to smell a rat. Also, as happened yesterday, when you start to follow a suspected radar user (whose been named in this thread) who has his group stop, circle around, and then hit an enemy fg from the rear/side, then it adds to the bad smell you're starting to get a whiff of.

The problem is though, how do you get proof? The answer is at this minute you can't. Either GOA/Mythic have to introduce some sort of anti-cheat software, or they have to actually watch players in real-time to track their movements, and lets face it, this will never happen because they simply don't have the manpower, or the wish, to constantly monitor thousands of players at any one time. Hell, even when they have at last brought in radar detection software in the US, the only punishment these cheaters have received (for months, if not years of cheating) is a 1 day ban. If this isn't a green light for people to start using cheats themselves, then I don't know what is :/

Marc

FH is my second home
If you follow a suspected Radar user and then his group turns and hits you from the side you must be in clip range to actually see the aforementioned group and in which case its obvious that a member of the group has panned the camera.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
It's good when enemies use radar, so you dont have to run around looking for rps, instead they come to you!

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
cougar said:
It's good when enemies use radar, so you dont have to run around looking for rps, instead they come to you!

got this when I read your reply!
Since your last visit 28 threads! must be a sign or smth! :worthy:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Icebreaker said:
Or maybe they don't use Radar and thats the Reason why they still play?

Thats the whole Point. You don't know anything. You dont have any proofs. None of you. And i repeat: The only ones who can figure out who is using Radar and who not are Goa/Mythic. Those Radar Threads should get auto deleted as soon as the word Radar comes up. xD

Here, some wise words in German:

lol, or maybe they just aint been caught yet..

There is a case for reasonable doubt as proof will not exist. If it looks like shit, smells like shit there is a pretty good chance its shit.

Here's some wise words too:

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Tootz said:
Alot o stuff....
Pressisly what i feel...
Except this time i want todo something about it instead of quitting the game...

Hang the bastards from amg, and post there names in fridays news, imo! :twak:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Marc said:
If you follow a suspected Radar user and then his group turns and hits you from the side you must be in clip range to actually see the aforementioned group and in which case its obvious that a member of the group has panned the camera.
If your responding to Tootz then I was with him, we followed a suspected (And reported I understand) Alb, his navigation skills were excellent, you gotta be lucky to stop rebuffing halfway and spreadout before the nme group comes into view..

Its funny as we were talking about cheats on TS shortly before seeing the person in question, we had viewed his activities from the AMG on several occaisions.

Irratic is one word you could use, gifted is another.

Frankly if I feel strongly enough I'll name and shame, when my whines become greater than my enjoyment of it I'll get radar myself and video everything, then send it all to GOA and delete all my chars of both accounts.

This game is rapidly going the way of CS.

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Yep sorry if I didn't make it too clear. I was talking about following an alb group (whose driver has been suspected of using radar). I didn't mean we had been following behind an enemy group ;)

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
lol, or maybe they just aint been caught yet..

There is a case for reasonable doubt as proof will not exist. If it looks like shit, smells like shit there is a pretty good chance its shit.

Here's some wise words too:

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies.

Thats the whole Point. Maybe the don't use Radar, maybe they do, maybe they just aint been caught yet etc blahbllahblahskjkjsa.

All the ppl do here in this forum is to guess..........

Pointless!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tootz said:
The problem is though, how do you get proof? The answer is at this minute you can't. Either GOA/Mythic have to introduce some sort of anti-cheat software, or they have to actually watch players in real-time to track their movements, and lets face it, this will never happen because they simply don't have the manpower, or the wish, to constantly monitor thousands of players at any one time. Hell, even when they have at last brought in radar detection software in the US, the only punishment these cheaters have received (for months, if not years of cheating) is a 1 day ban. If this isn't a green light for people to start using cheats themselves, then I don't know what is :/

that was a warning shot - people who were using radar a day or two later were permabanned...

rumour has it that radar is nowhere near as prevalent in NF - whether it's because people are being banned, people are scared of being banned, because it's less useful or because there's less false positives (people don't know the terrain so the whole "being found resting at levians" thing doesn't happen) who knows.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Icebreaker said:
Thats the whole Point. Maybe the don't use Radar, maybe they do, maybe they just aint been caught yet etc blahbllahblahskjkjsa.

All the ppl do here in this forum is to guess..........

Pointless!
In the absence of hard evidence (Which you can never have btw) all people can do is speculate (And name and shame, that is thier perogative) and gather as much information as possible.

As I stated in this instance you can never have hard proof, therefore you need to decide what is acceptable, what is enough evidence etc...

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Flimgoblin said:
that was a warning shot - people who were using radar a day or two later were permabanned...

rumour has it that radar is nowhere near as prevalent in NF - whether it's because people are being banned, people are scared of being banned, because it's less useful or because there's less false positives (people don't know the terrain so the whole "being found resting at levians" thing doesn't happen) who knows.
Or is it Cheats > Mythic ??

I dont want this to become another game ruined by cheats.

Maybe I'll just wait for EQ2 to go mainstream and hope that the PvE side doesnt bore and that the cheating that will inevitably happen does not affect me. At least they wont be killing me due to thier 1337 radar skillz.

As for warning shots take a chunk of RP's away, take the damned gains away from the cheats with that 1 day ban. Why have a cheat ammnesty? (Ok I know the answer to that, its starts with a "M" has an "O" and closely linked to the other letters "NEY" in it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom