Dreams

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
I know this is weird but just had the weirdest dream during a nap.

Im in the cockpit of a 747, and someone else was flying the plane. They then did a loop de loop but was not going to pull out of it. My friend on my side said to the pilot, your not going to make it.

I then sat down and stared through the front window at the ground as it got closer and closer, instead of getting scared and freaked in the dream, i was calm and just though, well this is it, its inevitable.

Then bang, everything went black, i was dead!, then i woke up with a start. It was one of those dreams where you think its really happening...

weirded... So who else has had freaky dreams!

//edit im not going on a plane for a while!

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't remember most of my dreams for long after I guess, but I have some interesting chatlogs:

me duh said:
[12:12] misnomer: I had quite an odd dream that ended on this really memorable note
[12:13] misnomer: this muscle-man cannibal was trying to get onto a moving train
[12:13] misnomer: and it was narrated or something
[12:13] misnomer: and the train was called "good flavour chuckle"
[12:13] misnomer: it sounds like some kind of bad translation
[12:14] misnomer: also john travolta was in it
[12:14] misnomer: the dream
[12:14] misnomer: and I think there was a whole thing about crazy religious tv programs completely indoctrinating toddlers
[12:15] misnomer: and how they were doing a reenactment exactly how it should have happened but
[12:15] misnomer: they were using a boat with a motor or something
[12:16] misnomer: a reenactment of some important religious thing
[12:16] misnomer: the cannibal thing was pretty brutal
[12:17] misnomer: it started with john travolta being a cop and investigating something or other
[12:17] misnomer: and this huge australian tough guy being all dumb
[12:18] misnomer: and john travola breaks the guy's arm to impress a couple of women
[12:18] misnomer: but he doesn't notice it
[12:18] misnomer: ?
[12:18] misnomer: and then uh
[12:18] misnomer: it switches to the religious thing
[12:18] misnomer: and there're three people on these docks
[12:18] misnomer: one of them the australian guy
[12:18] misnomer: and it's night
[12:19] misnomer: and basically one person leaves and the australian guy immediately pounces on the remaining guy
[12:19] misnomer: and rips him apart
[12:19] misnomer: this wasn't even a nightmare though
[12:19] misnomer: and then the australian guy falls in the water or something and it goes a bit stupid
[12:20] misnomer: he gets eaten by a shark
[12:20] misnomer: but
[12:20] misnomer: at this point it's turned into a book
[12:20] misnomer: so I'm reading this
[12:20] misnomer: rather than watching
[12:20] misnomer: and then the book turns into a first person thing
[12:20] misnomer: where the narrator's consciousness has combined with the australian's
[12:20] misnomer: and at that point he gets out of the water and tries to get on the good flavour chuckle train

My dreams are pretty awesome sometimes. It loses something in the retelling, though.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
robert-sengstacke-i-have-a-dream.jpg

Well someone had to :m00:

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Haha. Some of my friends' dreams are pretty great also.

[17:28] Tempus Grunge: jesus
[17:28] Tempus Grunge: I had an awful dream
[17:28] Tempus Grunge: where I was living with these two other siblings
[17:29] Tempus Grunge: and one of them was pretty neutral
[17:29] Tempus Grunge: but the other one would like
[17:29] Tempus Grunge: throw scissors at me and shit
[17:29] Tempus Grunge: for fun
[17:29] Tempus Grunge: and if I threw one back it'd just make things worse
[17:29] Tempus Grunge: so I ended up cutting out his brain
[17:29] Tempus Grunge: with a scissor
[17:29] Tempus Grunge: but then I had witnesses
[17:30] Tempus Grunge: so I had to cut out everyones brain with scissors
[17:30] Tempus Grunge: and then when the police arrived
[17:30] Tempus Grunge: I ended up having passionate sex with one of the media reporters
[17:31] Tempus Grunge: talk about a guilty conscience
[17:35] misnomer: haha

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Ahahaha more nuggets of pure awesome.

[13:43] Tempus Grunge: hahah I just remembered a dream I had
[13:43] Tempus Grunge: about a week and a half ago
[13:44] Tempus Grunge: where I was peacefully talking to people in my college
[13:44] Tempus Grunge: in some big building
[13:44] Tempus Grunge: and then suddenly
[13:44] Tempus Grunge: I hear screaming
[13:45] Tempus Grunge: like those kamikazes in serious sam
[13:45] Tempus Grunge: and all these black people come in and begin killing everyone
[13:45] misnomer: heh
[13:45] Tempus Grunge: panic grips me and I run away
[13:45] misnomer: cool
[13:45] Tempus Grunge: but they're so fast
[13:45] Tempus Grunge: and dreadful
[13:47] Tempus Grunge: so I just end up waking up
[13:47] Tempus Grunge: the moment a large group of them run towards me
[13:47] Tempus Grunge: oh yea when they came in haha
[13:47] Tempus Grunge: this alarm went off
[13:47] Tempus Grunge: like a fire alarm
[13:48] Tempus Grunge: "WARNING, CAMPUS SECURITY HAS BEEN BREACHED BY THE NEGROS"
[13:48] misnomer: heh
[13:48] Tempus Grunge: and all these white kids screamed "it's the blacks!!! they've revolted!!!" or something like that
[13:49] Tempus Grunge: fortunately that dream has only happened once
[13:49] misnomer: subconsciously racist =[
[13:49] Tempus Grunge: definitely
[19:02] Tempus Grunge: I don't know what you're talking about
[19:02] misnomer: what
[19:02] Tempus Grunge: but god gave me a message last night
[19:02] Tempus Grunge: in my dreams
[19:02] misnomer: k
[19:02] Tempus Grunge: I think he was telling me not to eat pork, which I don't anyway
[19:02] misnomer: ok
[19:02] Tempus Grunge: becausee my grandfather and I were being chased by this wild boar
[19:03] Tempus Grunge: and I had to like
[19:03] Tempus Grunge: keep pushing my grandfather
[19:03] misnomer: ok
[19:03] Tempus Grunge: and helping him climb to safety
[19:03] Tempus Grunge: and one time
[19:03] misnomer: porrk
[19:03] Tempus Grunge: the boar actually stuck his tusk thing right up my ass
[19:03] Tempus Grunge: and I was like
[19:03] misnomer: hahah
[19:03] misnomer: OH MY
[19:03] Tempus Grunge: "woa woa wait, cancel the pain recievers for a second, I said CANCEL THEM, FUCK, CHRIST'S SAKE...okay...now restart simulation"
[19:03] Tempus Grunge: and the whole thing started over again
[19:03] Tempus Grunge: the boar was far away
[19:04] Tempus Grunge: and I had a second chance
[19:04] misnomer: I don't think wild boars will generally anally penetrate people with their tusks
[19:04] Tempus Grunge: I was climbing
[19:04] Tempus Grunge: my ass was in a very vulnerable position
[19:04] misnomer: even so
[19:04] Tempus Grunge: almost welcoming
[19:04] misnomer: so you were naked
[19:05] Tempus Grunge: no I meant through my pants
[19:05] misnomer: emre
[19:05] misnomer: I think you're misinterpreting the message there
[19:05] Tempus Grunge: NO
[19:05] Tempus Grunge: DON'T
[19:05] Tempus Grunge: SAY
[19:05] Tempus Grunge: IT
[19:05] Tempus Grunge: speaking of which
[19:05] Tempus Grunge: In part of my dream
[19:06] Tempus Grunge: the chick from memento was kissing me and stuff
[19:06] Tempus Grunge: and rubbing her breasts into my face, and then I found out she was a transvestite
[19:06] Tempus Grunge: and then this hurricane happened
[19:06] misnomer: oh gawd

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I had a dream last night that my girlfriend told me she was busy in the house doing uni work, but then i went to check on her and she wasn't in. I drove through to Edinburgh uni and caught her with this guy - an ugly spotty "skater" type. She got all flustered when I caught her on the spot, accusing her of lying to me and that I had trusted her. Then she started all "what are you going to do about it? I think he's gorgeous, not you, get a grip of yourself". I asked her why she was doing this to me, and we had such a great relationship.

This is the worst part.

I started beating her up, really hard. Then I woke up feeling very disturbed and upset, I couldn't look at her the same today. I felt so awful and guilty that I even dare dream about such a horrible and insecure scenario. I also even phoned her today to make sure she was in the house.

Do you think it means i'm secretly insecure inside?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No, it means you ate too much cheese and awoke during a dream.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Dommers said:
what the fuck was that about?
I know that posting chatlogs of dreams in a thread about dreams is a pretty complicated concept to grasp, but maybe you should try a little harder in future?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Big G said:
I had a dream last night that my girlfriend told me she was busy in the house doing uni work, but then i went to check on her and she wasn't in. I drove through to Edinburgh uni and caught her with this guy - an ugly spotty "skater" type. She got all flustered when I caught her on the spot, accusing her of lying to me and that I had trusted her. Then she started all "what are you going to do about it? I think he's gorgeous, not you, get a grip of yourself". I asked her why she was doing this to me, and we had such a great relationship.

This is the worst part.

I started beating her up, really hard. Then I woke up feeling very disturbed and upset, I couldn't look at her the same today. I felt so awful and guilty that I even dare dream about such a horrible and insecure scenario. I also even phoned her today to make sure she was in the house.

pfft. dreams are just that. they are great places to try out weird shit like beating up someone for a laugh of having sex with a mule!*

*I have never had sex with a mule in a dream**

**or indeed, ever.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Louster said:
I know that posting chatlogs of dreams in a thread about dreams is a pretty complicated concept to grasp, but maybe you should try a little harder in future?
Don't say that. He'll end up spamming us with owl pictures.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I had a dream about eating a huge marshmallow, when I woke up my pillow was gone :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Big G said:

yes. unless you're with [highlight]me[/highlight]. you need [highlight]me[/highlight].

seriously no, it means your subconsious presented you with something nasty and you got upset. relax, things will be well. unless your next dream is you and Chilly double-teaming a mule. then things may not be as well as you'd like. unless you're into that kind of thing ofc.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Furr said:
I know this is weird but just had the weirdest dream during a nap.

Im in the cockpit of a 747, and someone else was flying the plane. They then did a loop de loop but was not going to pull out of it. My friend on my side said to the pilot, your not going to make it.

I then sat down and stared through the front window at the ground as it got closer and closer, instead of getting scared and freaked in the dream, i was calm and just though, well this is it, its inevitable.

Then bang, everything went black, i was dead!, then i woke up with a start. It was one of those dreams where you think its really happening...

weirded... So who else has had freaky dreams!

//edit im not going on a plane for a while!
If you die in your dreams you die in the real world!!!

OMG!!! You're a ghost!!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Big G said:

No, it means you're EVIL!
torqing2.jpg

SLEEEP IS NO REFUGE FOR IMPURE THOUGHTS

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
O.M.G.

it's been 20odd years since I last read 2000AD. Torqumada isn't it? woo :D

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Dumb people who have brain damage and are also dumb (as in cannot speak) as well as dumb (really, really stupid anyway) are the dumbest things ever. Nobody can interpret your dreams entirely for you, but do listen to peeps.
I used to have one where I was swinging from a rope - high above a valley from side to side - with (then primary-) school friends beneath just milling about and getting on with it. The rope went up - I don't remember it being connected to anything. I just swung about a bit and then woke up thinking "wtf!?"

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
I have never had sex with a mule, in a dream, or indeed ever.
Your punctuation didnt make that clear enough Chilly, though we had guessed long before.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Well my dream last night was really messed up, I was back at school and a few friends and I were trying to skive off school, but every so often one of us would get caught, only one friend and I managed to escape the school and get into the town, but this is where it gets crazy my last mate gets caught by Gary Rhodes (the chef) it turns out the school sent out TV chefs looking for us for some reason. for the rest of the dream I was running around the town from the likes of Gordon Ramsey, Anisley Harriot Delia Smith and Gary rhodes and for some reason Rosanne. It ended with my alarm going off, I hadn't had any cheese before going to sleep all that happened was that I played a bit of Homeworld 2 and Dynasty Warriors 4.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
PLightstar said:
I played a bit of Homeworld 2 and Dynasty Warriors 4.

I rest my case melud.

I don't have dreams, do i win £10?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I once dreamt I got jealous that my sister was more popular in the family than i was, which really annoyed me, so I cracked and beat the crap out of her. Woke up with my knuckles hurting.

Scary thing is, 10 minutes later she phoned me up (she never does) and tried to help me find a job.

I'm a bad brother :(

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Maybe she dreamt the same dream as you and as such thought she better hedge her bets by being nice to you ;)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i have a chinese medicine woman interpret all my dreams. amazingly, everything she says is spot on about how things are the moment. just one example the other night i dreamt of finding a dull gold stone in my stomach.
i asked her what it meant and she said "gold means an ilness but as it is dull it wont be serious".
and yep, i was ill for 2 days with a bad stomach. i should add she didnt know i was ill before i spoke to her so it wasnt like she could make shit up just to relate it to something thats happening.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Argh im a ghost! oh wait no im not!

Hehe, have to say dieing in ones dream is a intresting experience! sposidly dieing in ones dream can indicate rebirth in the real world but its all ghosts and goblins to me.

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
hmm. There was one I used to have..

I'd be running in a race, and I'd be winning really easily, but then my feet would just sort of slide and my head would keep going. I'd have to sort of slow down with the running til my legs caught up with my head and keep running again, but my legs never quite caught up with my head again. Then it would change into running away from a t-rex with the rest of my family, still with the legs and the head thing. Most nights we got away, but the very last night I remember having it my brother got crushed into a 1cm cube first, my parents got eaten, then I got eaten while running away with my brother cube (who I somehow thought I could make live again). It was really quite disturbing :touch:

I also have dreams where I'm in a game that I'm playing at the moment. When I have those though, it's usually because I've been playing them way to long through a holiday.

I've had some other wierd ones. Most defy reality entirely. Most I also can't remember to well.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I'm getting really peculair dreams lately, combination of "The world without my existence" and clones of my area but its not my area and things are slightly different.

Such as one I had a while back where I was in what I thought was my back garden, but it was July and we had the christmas decorations on, the people in the house where exactly the same people lived (Except me), such as my mum, bro and sis.

I'm normally a person who doesn't give a shit about day to day things you see really but for some reason I get really really unnerved when I have a dream about a world where I don't exist. :mad:

xane

Fledgling Freddie
The flying/falling dreams are often explained from the feeling you get when your blood pressure drops, this can be caused during sleep if you lean on a major vein or artery, the brain reacts automatically by either waking you up or causing you to spasm.

The result is you have a flying or falling dream, or one involving height, but always wake up before you hit the ground, usually shocked.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey guys, I'm ressurecting this thread to point out how unentertaining all your tame-ass "messed up" dreams are. I just woke up, and this is the dream I had about 40 minutes ago.

It started with some other random dream segueing into this thing about the cartoon character 'doug'. He'd just moved to a new town in america, and was getting relentlessly bullied by this crazy arsonist kid who kept setting fire to his hair, or something. His parents were never around as they were busy playing golf, and he somehow lost both his feet. It continued for a while, getting steadily worse.

Cut to doug in his bedroom, on his own, obviously depressed as hell. He has this rug hanging up behind his bed with like the american constitution written on, or something symbolic of 'freedom' anyhow, and he decides to set fire to it. It slowly burns, and once it's almost all burned down he tries to put it out, but it falls on top of him. Now he's on fire (again), but he seems to resign himself to it, and goes and sits on his bed. The whole room's burning by this point. As his head burns and his face begins to melt, he says, with a faint smile, 'now I burn hard'.

At this point it turns out that he has either a bunkbed or some four-poster type deal, and the top bit collapses on top of him. It goes into slow motion as this chunk of wood falls on his head and crushes him against the bed, and switches to a view of his feet (but I thought he didn't have feet!) being pushed through the bottom of the mattress as if for some kind of stylized emphasis.

It switches to a little while later. His parents are standing outside, detached from the scene of carnage, huddled together in the cold and looking in. The room's no longer on fire and doug's lying in a pool of blood in his room. Some kind of combination medic/fireman breaks in and starts giving him mouth to mouth, and in the process gets blood all over his face. Doug reawakens slightly, blearily, and the medic guy calls out 'he's alive, but he's going to die!'
And just before I wake up I see this cartoon character doug covered in blood and jerking around spastically trying to get up, or something.

Dreams are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom