Dreadful in DF this morning

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
Then why do you keep bothering? If I open a thread and see by the first page that it's no interest to me, then I will not read on and I will certainly not reply to it....

*snip*

That you post in these threads because you like whinging about whingers.. Yah.. I got that message.....

no... twist what you will...

as I have said, I am sick of opening 60% of threads on this forum and seeing crap like this. It is, as I said, coming to the stage where there is no point reading this forum anymore (and hence not taking part in the daoc community) because of people bringing up personal problems (or "questions" as you phrase it) in the open. You dont shout at (or "question") people in the street if they do something you dont like, so why should you behave differently "in public" on a forum...

sure, i dont (and shouldnt really) reply to threads like this, and I have not bothered for many, many months, but after seeing:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=5283

which rang home, and reporting the following two threads to a mod:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=5252
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=5207

...I felt it needed to be said that people are really getting sick of such threads and would like to see them gone/removed/those starting it silenced.

And FYI, this was my 2nd ever thread on these boards.. The other one was about chainmaille.... Is that thread ok?

I have not seen your other thread. I'm sure if its not mindless, unfounded, personal complaints about an individual that you cant actually change then theres no problem with it :wub:

woo, ding 5 pages. i'll be quiet now

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll try to let this thread die.. Will PM you instead.. ;) I'm sure we actually agree on some points, while we may disagree on others.. ;)

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Escape said:
hmm, well I was standing afk in DF and came back to see
"Iniquity laughs at you"
"Iniquity laughs at you"
"Iniquity laughs at you"

I figured you were some noob SB who took me to be a crush/shield spec merc.

Anyway, I don't care when or why... you and Dwera are two lame SBs who I will take plaesure in killing. Good hunting :)

I can't remember that but the amount of afk bb's I farm is always worth a /laugh or two I guess.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Aremeriel said:
So it's perfectly OK to kill kids (grey-con) in war without any other reason than it being war?

FFS, nothing is gained by killing solo grey-cons....

it is an RVRzone after all you know, may seem pointless to you but some other guy obviosly enjoy beeing abit of a sadist. These complaints have been around since the beginning of DF and it wont just stop, too many kids out there get get a bigger ego or something from killing greys I guess.

Sorry to the grey savage I ganked today at mmgHW tonight, didnt actually notice or think of that you was greycon :< /slap self

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
inqy said:
I can't remember that but the amount of afk bb's I farm is always worth a /laugh or two I guess.

That might've made sense if you tried to attack me :p

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
FFS, nothing is gained by killing solo grey-cons....

Well, you get an xp bonus for frontiers and you get an xp bonus for dungeons. That means that you'll level faster in these areas, but with the risk of being killed by other players. It's like any other choice in the game.... eg "do I want to kill oranges? they're riskier but I'll level faster if it works."

Killing that grey con deters them from xping in that area so they level slower which is good for your realm. XP killing them slows them down even more, but is considered a bit nasty lol.

Back in the good old days, one of the most common xp spots in Midgard was the undead camp. Guess what? It was also where most of the grey killing took place, but it was still camped because the xp was worth it.

If you don't want to die, don't go in an RvR zone. If you're too sensitive to see another player getting killed, don't go in an RvR zone.

Here endeth the lesson. :)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Some people like to play games in hard mode for the challenge, some people gets the cheatcodes for the game and play the game in Godmode and get a kick out of that. I guess the aforementioned infi is part of the second camp. Nothing strange here, we all play the game for different reasons and have a right to as long as we pay our monthly fees and dont behave like social twats in the player community so it isnt much to argue about. I have a feeling most assassins chose the "grey con killing in DF" strategy until they have got the basic RAs in place so they have a decent chance out in the real rvr zone.

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
they're no skill BD button bashers. They deserve to die. Over and over. and over. and over again. and again. And then some more.

explain to me the skill of 1/2 hit killing grey cons?

i can understand the hatred a lot of stealthers have of bonedancers, its how a great many casters feel about a great many steathers.

i'm very glad that there are casters out there you can't kill with rediculous ease, and i hope that all the bonedancers you killed when they were 25-30 levels lower than you ding 50 and make your life hell with their 'omfgwrfpwn1buttonbashingskillz' that scare you so much. i hope they go out and whore all the necro-pl'd n00bfils and their hand-holding mincer bum-chums.

:worthy: to ur skillz

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
is this the 1st "gray ganking" post here on FH :) ?

There will always be gray ganking tbh, for whatever reason: War/cant resist/fun/doesnt like <insert class here> whatever, When i go to an RvR zone to XP my alt(s) i know its just a matter of time until an SB or inf etc.. pops on me & i get ganked :p If i get away with it for the whole of my xp session, then im damn lucky :p

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Well I never said it takes skill to kill a grey con. But one day that BD will be 50 and might kick my ass when I meet him. So it`s just looking at the long term effects. If i kill him, it will take him longer to get 50 and I´ll live longer ;) A matter of survival, that's all =)

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
Well I never said it takes skill to kill a grey con. But one day that BD will be 50 and might kick my ass when I meet him. So it`s just looking at the long term effects. If i kill him, it will take him longer to get 50 and I´ll live longer ;) A matter of survival, that's all =)

bd's are easy to take down tbh, just not as easy as most casters, who can be tickled to death with a wet kipper rather quickly.

get in your PA and/or get in a nice STR/CON debuff and they'll go down rapidly. with 1.5 swing speed and dual wield, you should take one down before the healers have a chance to react (if you're lucky anyway).

anyway, like i said, i understand why stealthers hate bds.. they do need slight nerfing (debuff should be castable), but the misconception that bds are all 'one button spammers' is ill founded.

a good bd will take advantage of his body debuff, his lifetap, his darknuke, his dot, his root, his str/dex debuff, his QC, his commander, his minions and his RAs like Purge/MoC. my bd's quickbar is as full as any other class' is, infact i use three. people who just spam lifetap are not playing their class to anywhere near its true potential, and it is unlikely that 'one button spammers' will win any fights like that.

that said, bds are a powerful breed of caster- sucky damage output compared to a sm and a rm (and thats saying something), evil power usage etc.. but the potential to be the bane of those classes that have had an easy time of farming casters for a very long time- more power to them :)

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Well ye if u manage to kill a BD within seconds they're as easy as the next caster. But if you have to melee it down, you might aswell forget it in most cases :)

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Escape said:
That might've made sense if you tried to attack me :p

Maybe you were nakid or summit. Or your name is silly. Or you forgot to mention you were on the alb steps in df hugging your guards, or the 50inf adds guarding you. I dunno. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom