Dragon Campaign Hib Walkthru (includes German names)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I recently knocked this page up just for guildees who were doing the dragon campaign on Hib/Limors but a couple of ppl in our /as asked to see it so thought I'd post it here.

It's up to date as of todays date for the European Servers and I'll update it when new quests are unlocked.

No guarantees its perfect but I hope some ppl find it useful :)

Dragons Revenge Campaign Walkthru (Hib)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Have you managed to get the Medal of honour yet after finishing " the Hunt Begins" ?
As fas as I can seem to find, that guy in Mbeo should give it to you ( from camelotherald) after completing it. I tried turning it in with my hero after duoing it, but he won't do anything. I haven't tried the chanter yet.

Danita

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik the Medal of Honour is only available after "The Great Hunt" quest (which has "The Hunt Begins" as a pre-req btw) and comes a bit later on in the campaign

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
The reason I'm asking if it were handed out after " The Hunt Begins" cause I only saw 3 quests on the list noted by Mythic:

The Medal of Honor

The kings have also been in touch with the Dragonslayers, and means to grant the realm’s highest honor to those who have participated most valiantly in the realm’s defense.

Elia in Grimspound will recognize players for the following tasks:

Face the raiders (level 47) Defend Humberton from dragon minion attack.
Once more, to Humberton (level 47) Defend Humberton from an adolescent dragon.
The Great Hunt (level 49) Take the fight to the adolescent dragons in Dartmoor.

Skipta in Svarhamr will recognize players for the following tasks:

Face the raiders (level 47) Defend Huginfel from dragon minion attack.
Once more, to Huginfel (level 47) Defend Huginfel from an adolescent dragon.
The Great Hunt (level 49) Take the fight to the adolescent dragons in Malmohus

Lirazal in Tailtiu will recognize players for the following tasks:

Face the raiders (level 47) Defend Tir na mBeo from dragon minion attack.
Once more, to Tir na mBeo (level 47) Defend Tir na mBeo from an adolescent dragon.
The Great Hunt (level 49) Take the fight to the adolescent dragons in Sheeroe Hills.

Once you have completed these tasks, you can return to the towns you have defended to receive your reward. See Sir Gregory in Humberton keep, Thaelen in Huginfel, and Falorn in Tir na mBeo. This reward is given in times of trouble for outstanding service, so it will only be available during the culmination stage of a campaign.
Yeah it says "The Great Hunt" here, but it wouldn't have been the first time Mythic made a mistake in their documentation. Besides it would have been a bit negligent to not mention " the hunt begins" in this line up when it's a continuing line of quests.

Danita

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
The reason I'm asking if it were handed out after " The Hunt Begins" cause I only saw 3 quests on the list noted by Mythic:

Yeah it says "The Great Hunt" here, but it wouldn't have been the first time Mythic made a mistake in their documentation. Besides it would have been a bit negligent to not mention " the hunt begins" in this line up when it's a continuing line of quests.

Danita

The camelot Herald is wrong. I was expecting to receive medal after doing the last quests and was not understanding what was happening, till i did some research on VN boards.

Like Blue said, you need to wait for the great hunt, on next patch, to get the medal.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
So "The great Hunt" would be in 1.89 then?
I've looked through tons of forum pages, but I couldn't find a good list of what comes when, in what order and in what patch.
edit: bugger, should have use F5 before posting.

Danita

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
I recently knocked this page up just for guildees who were doing the dragon campaign on Hib/Limors but a couple of ppl in our /as asked to see it so thought I'd post it here.

It's up to date as of todays date for the European Servers and I'll update it when new quests are unlocked.

No guarantees its perfect but I hope some ppl find it useful :)

Dragons Revenge Campaign Walkthru (Hib)

Excellent piece of work Bluesky (just what I needed in particular - me and questing in German just don't mix :D).

Rep'ed. :clap:

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone got a good mid walkthrough?

Struggling at the moment on Limors with the language barrier, would be helpful.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone got a good mid walkthrough?

Struggling at the moment on Limors with the language barrier, would be helpful.

I haven't done a walkthru to the same depth as thsi one for mid but i did start a quest journal when i was still playing mid/dyvet here:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/midgard37/221035-dragon-campaign-quest-journal.html
This one isnt up to date with the quests released 2-3 weeks ago but other than that should help though. The info on Allakhazam is better (and with more of teh quests) for Mid than Hib btw. I think I have a list of links so will dig them out and post later :)

Also Whoodoo has posted info here which may help for mid:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/gam...9/221294-dragon-campaign-spoilers-inside.html

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
Your the best blue .. may your beard never vanish even as a hibsie :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
do i have to do every one of those quests to get dragonarmor? :(

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
do i have to do every one of those quests to get dragonarmor? :(

Well, most of them yes. The good thing is with new porters and stuff shouldn't take too long. Most of quests are soloable except the last ones that involves killing dragons. A lot of people will be doing them in next weeks so you should be able to find people to help out easly. If you play hib limors just drop me a pm, if available will gadly help.

Lethul

FH is my second home
i didnt get the same quests as your walkthrough indicates in TNN

This one i didnt get
Absence Makes The Heart Grow Weary Das Herz wird einem schwer

This one i got instead
Die Rückkehr und die Umformung

whats up with that? :(

Influenza

Part of the furniture
i didnt get the same quests as your walkthrough indicates in TNN

This one i didnt get
Absence Makes The Heart Grow Weary Das Herz wird einem schwer

This one i got instead
Die Rückkehr und die Umformung

whats up with that? :(

When a new chapter of the dragon campaign is activated some of the old quests are no longer active , we got the latest chapter on wednesday and the absence quest was part of the previous chapter.

Most of the chapters are outlined in this guide i found on vnboards , it doesnt tell you how to do the quests though. Looks like we just got chapter 3b activated but i cant get ingame cos my hard drive died :(

VN Boards - Chapter 1-3 Midgard Dragon Quest Summary

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Apologies for the delay since 1.89 patch was installed but the update for the new 8 quests are now in my updated HIBERNIA walkthru which can be found here:

http://www.nidhug.com/files/daoc/dragonquesthib3.htm

No guarantees its totally fool proof and I wasn't 100% able to get every single german quest name but most are there so hopefully this will help anyone doing the quests :)

Next update with the Medal of Honour, Dragon Armour and Weapons will be done when GOA patch in the next installment :)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Once again nice job blue. At oppsosite to other threads on this subject, yours is really clear, understandable and helpfull.

Keep the good work :)

Apologies for the delay since 1.89 patch was installed but the update for the new 8 quests are now in my updated HIBERNIA walkthru which can be found here:

http://www.nidhug.com/files/daoc/dragonquesthib3.htm

No guarantees its totally fool proof and I wasn't 100% able to get every single german quest name but most are there so hopefully this will help anyone doing the quests

Next update with the Medal of Honour, Dragon Armour and Weapons will be done when GOA patch in the next installment

Nice work Blue.

I just woundered, if you knew or heard or would guess when the next installment would be implemented by GoA? Kinda sucks to have to wait for 8 months for 1.89 and when it do come you can't even get the medal + slayer armor.. I mean to be frank the other rewards are crap stuff. :(

Are GoA still translating the continuation/quest sequel or are they planning to hold on to it until 1.91 ( in 6-7 months time when the game is dead ) or what you think? :p

P.S I have done the last quest in the sequel where you kill adolecent dragons, the named big ones in dartmoor.. and I got no medal and can't get any new quests from noone :confused:

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh Crunk im not sure what planet GOA are on in the way they release stuff but im guessing that from the way they released bits of chapters 3b, 3c and 3d in the 1.89 game patch that the other quests missing (for Medal of Honour, Armour and Weapon) will be phased in at intervals as they did from 1.87 onwards. Off the top of my head i'd guess 2 more installments but could be just 1 more with all the rest of the stuff and prolly 4-5 weeks apart but thats pure guess work lol

Whenever they do it tho it ALL has to be released before 1.90 afaik tho as thats when Medal of Honour and Cloak of Might/Magic are removed again and the remaining quests for Dragon Armour and Weapons are reset to a simplified (and harder for the Armour) set of quests.

My opinion is GOA had problems translating/releasing/installing parts of the Dragon Campaign in Europe hence why we get it in weird batches of quests in a different order to the way Mythic released them in the US. Because of these problems/delays they prolly rushed/combined quests to make sure it was all done before 1.90 is released.

My opinion is GOA had problems translating/releasing/installing parts of the Dragon Campaign in Europe hence why we get it in weird batches of quests in a different order to the way Mythic released them in the US. Because of these problems/delays they prolly rushed/combined quests to make sure it was all done before 1.90 is released.

Yah, this is the impression I had aswell.

Just curious since I build my temp around quest armor + quest neckie and wihtout it my temp is rather gimped... so incase they would delay this implement for any extensive period of time I would have to cancel accounts, since waiting for another patch when its 3 months to 3 new games, Dark Falls, Age of Conan and Warhammer is just rediculous.

GoA can't even manage so that the last 3 months of the daoc era runs smoothly and as reward they get lincense to run WAR EU fraction..oh the irony, baffled by the amount of incompetence in that company, they don't even put any info whatsoever on their webbie...and RightNow asking them would be as useless as asking Santa for a merc. :mad:

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
very nice job there.

regarding the medal of honor quests:

from what i've read about the "honoring the hardworking" (cloaks of might n magic) quests, it seemed to me that those had a hidden prereq. i remember reading that their prequests had to be completed a certain times realmwide, to finally unlock the cloak quest. iirc, regarding excal/pryd, the gms activated them manually due to low pop at some point.

it might be the same for the medal quest.

so, either do the great hunt with the chars you can or "spam" rightnow maybe :>

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
nvm, asked rightnow, the quest is not implemented as of today.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
nvm, asked rightnow, the quest is not implemented as of today.

Yup thats what I said on a post above - we are still waiting for the quests for the Medal of Honour, Dragon Weapon and Dragon Armour.

Going from how GOA released the current campaign installment at the start of game patch 1.89 with various quests from chapters 3b, 3c and 3d i'd presume they will do only 1 or 2 more installments (imo probably only 1) of quests which will end the Dragons Revenge Campaign. This will give us ALL the main drops available before the 1.90 game patch when lots of the Dragon quests are removed and those remaining get simplified or in some cases (like the Armour quests) turned into a pain in the ass so imo get done as soon as GOA release the next installment.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Going from how GOA released the current campaign installment at the start of game patch 1.89 with various quests from chapters 3b, 3c and 3d i'd presume they will do only 1 or 2 more installments (imo probably only 1) of quests which will end the Dragons Revenge Campaign. This will give us ALL the main drops available before the 1.90 game patch when lots of the Dragon quests are removed and those remaining get simplified or in some cases (like the Armour quests) turned into a pain in the ass so imo get done as soon as GOA release the next installment.

The dragon campaign isn't linked to the 1.90 patch. They are seperate, Mythic just choose to end the campaign with the release of 1.90. I expect GOA will give us enough time to finish the dragon quest stuff normally.

It seems that GOA have been releasing updates every 4 weeks roughly. I would expect to see the next step implemented sometime at the end of January. Which is about 4 weeks after the 1.89 patch (if you give them an extra week because nobody does any work over christmas). That will have the medal of honour quest but I am not sure if it will have the dragon slayer armour in.

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup thats what I said on a post above

Ah, didn't see it when i was replying, must have overread that.

anyways, nice info here, tnx Blue, and just hope they just implement it at some point the next weeks and let it stay online for more than one week :>
In the current state of Hib on the server it's hard enough already to find ppl enough to drop the adolescents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom