50 Focus
Magic Damage +5%
Casting Speed +5%
Dex Cap: 6
Acuity Cap: 6
MCL2 Charge

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
The spell damage and cast speed are 4% not 5% on the staff I think.

Both my casters, Sorc and Wiz are in templates I am happy with so therefore I am not considering at the moment changing them. I tried to make a template with the champ staff for my Sorc and I came out with the roughly the same stats as what I had so as not to make it worth it changing.

However, if you are looking to make your first template for a character or need to drastically redo a template because the current one isn't good enough then I would say the champion weapon is the better one to go with. The champ staff does have acuity and dex cap increases and I think the MCL2 charge is on a lower recast timer than Tartaros Gift.

But, both are good staffs and it is what fits into your template that make it the item to use.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Neither staff is "better". Good items depend upon the template in which they are used and nothing else.

Both have the same charge, so that isn't a deciding factor like it has been previously. Make templates with both and see which fits better. Utility value doesn't necessarily show the whole picture...I use several low utility items in my templates, but they fit perfectly and complete the template nicely.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Jimmi said:
Which staff would you use, and why? :cheers:

---

TARTAROS GIFT:
15 Acuity
40 Hits
+3 All Magic Skills
Power: 6% of Power Pool
Magic Damage +5%
50 Focus
MCL2 Charge

Upsilon Cabalist Staff
+3 All Magic Skills
6 Dexterity
50 Focus
Magic Damage +5%
Casting Speed +5%
MCL2 Charge

if these are the ACTUAL stats, then we can compare the stats on both staffs

both have :
+3 All Magic Skills
Magic Damage +5%
50 Focus
MCL2 Charge

TARTAROS GIFT unique stats
15 Acuity
40 Hits

Upsilon Cabalist Staff unique stats
6 Dexterity
Casting Speed +5%

i would say that the champion staff got rarer stats then tarts when you sum both of em up so i would probably go for that one

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Good post Ashy, keep on cookin' that bacon.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
all DR staves have 4% cast speed and damage - not 5

considering this I would use tartaro for all pure damage casters (wizard, etc) while for instance for a theurg i would rather go with the champion weapon

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't managed to do a DR caster template yet with better stats than the one I'm currently using so.../shrug

DR weapon seems good for budget templates or pve.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Take a look at my DR caba template that I posted in Alb forum. Its a cheap one, and I like it=)

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
DR Champion Staff would seem to be superior - it is fairly even on stats for the most part but the Champion Staff just edges it IMO but mostly because it will be a lot easier to get hold of.

Having said that I got Tarts and leveled it and it fits my template so I won't be changing.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I have tarts at level 10 but will be swapping to the Champ staff ASAP mostly for the casting speed as I dont use cloudsong at the moment, fortunately I never activated it :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
DR staff is better if you havent got any the following (or only 1)

JS/Eriny/AT/Scalars/cloudsong (with tarts ofc)

If you got them, then your template probably as good as it can be because you got so much utility. You get the Range/Syphon/Pierce/dmg etc and the caps, and on top of that you get shapeshifts etc.

If you get the DR staff then in all likely hood you be losing a pure utility item to prevent overcapping something. That is the problem that i been finding with them. Lost my templates now i formated though.. oops :D

Comos

Loyal Freddie
I would go for the DR staff if it didn't look so awful. It looks like some futuristic Star Trek thing :puke:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Not played about on sc calc much with it yet, but the new staves should allow a bit more flexibility in terms of choice of other ToA jewelry to stick in decent caster templates than the current ones with tarts (which, lets face it, are pretty much all the same).

With the lack of acuity (always easy to overcap for casters), dex/int cap bonuses, and cast speed on champ staffs vs tarts means can dump some of the standard drops on templates and include a bit more utility - example - ring of dances instead of immo ring (stealthlore!), bracers of snow for +% dura, etc.

Could argue u don't want any of that crap anyhow, but will be nice to see casters with the different staves out and nice to have a bit more variation in the same old tarts/at/cs/jacinas/etc templates.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Must admit I don't mind how the new staff looks, not nearly as good as it should but still better than Staff of Gods!

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Champ weap is a pain inthe ass to get, you gotta be CL 5 to get it and when you get zerged by whatever in the frontier zone. Be happy you gave the person who killed you lots more RPs for being cl5.

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:
Champ weap is a pain inthe ass to get, you gotta be CL 5 to get it and when you get zerged by whatever in the frontier zone. Be happy you gave the person who killed you lots more RPs for being cl5.

From what I have read you will give more RPs for being higher RR, higher level, higher ML and higher CL. Therefore I suggest everyone roll a level1 fighter and go straight to RvR to avoid giving too many RPs to whoever kills them.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:

wth? champion weapon have to be the easiest weapon in the game to get, first of all you can do a quest (rather long one) to get it, or you get it at CL3 (which you get very fast). And if you have DR on you client you will get CL5 within a week if you rvr semi active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom