Downloading telly programs

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Also turn on encryption for your favourite dl program. In the case of uTorrent you can set it too "force" encryption.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Downloading TV shows is probably lower risk, so far the copyright holders for music, movies, apps, games, etc. seem to get most of the attention - you rarely hear about people being sued for downloading TV episodes.

That's not to say that it'll remain this way forever. The owners could easily turn nasty if they fear that they're losing too much revenue to copyright infringement.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Downloading a song, just one. They had downloaded loads before, but this instance was just for one song.

(No, it wasnt me.)

Do people still use utorrent then?

Tell your friend to write back to this law firm and tell them politely to fuck off. These "legal letters" are actually nothing of the sort; they're extortion, plain and simple. There are four law firms doing it in the UK, and they rely on fear and lack of understanding.

There's background here: Ministry of Sound chases thousands of file-sharing Brits | News | TechRadar UK

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I will tell him, by the way this isnt a "friend" meaning me in disguise lol, this actually is someone I know :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Also turn on encryption for your favourite dl program. In the case of uTorrent you can set it too "force" encryption.
This plus peerblock.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
use http downloads (but you'll need a rapidshare or hotfile account), join a private torrent site or use a newsserver with SSL :D

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
For some reason I can't get used to newsservers. It's either the program, the setup or whatever, but it never appealed to me.

Would like to use DC++ more, but I don't think it has encryption or SSL.

Might be an idea to set up some VPN for freddyshouse users?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Who on earth would do a thing like this????!!!

*downloads peerblock*

:kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom