News Doping / Armstrong / Cycling

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
"
I was glad to see Lance Armstrong stripped of his medals. The same should be done to Jessica Ennis.
Slowly stripped of her medals, then her little shorts...
"

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Wouldnt at all surprise me if in the next few months we see a headline saying "Lance Armstrong found dead at home from suspected suicide"

Wont happen,
As some have mentioned, being as hollywood as he is, he/ "his people" will find a way to turn it around.
Write a book, sell the rights to movies, tv show, talk shows, and in hte long run "the fight against doping"
- as in, as long as it can profit him economically.

On a second note, Why do I dislike him more due to the stories about is attitude and general asswhipe'ish'ness
than about him doping ? - My guess ? more or less everyone was dopet! but few were as arrogant, manipulative,
controlling and duchebaggish about it as Armstrong, the guy is a clear cut headcase sociopath!

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Maybe I'm missing the point here.

Gary Glitter was done for paedophilia. The music he made years before is no longer played on TV or radio, even if it was classic music of it's time.
Michael Jackson faced charges of paedophilia yet was given a huge media send-off when he died. His music is still played on TV and radio and there's no stigma attached to still liking his music.
Ian Watkins from Lostprophets is facing charges of under-age sexual relations and paedophilia. Do I like him any less? Maybe. Do I like Lostprophets music any less? Hell no! I still like their music and still play it often.

Now this thing with Lance Armstrong is the same IMO. Sure, there are people turning on him, making him out to be a douchebag and even sociopathic/psychotic. The fact is he *DID* win the Tour de France 5 times after overcoming multiple cancers (yes, I know the wins are invalidated now). For that alone, I still have some respect for him because he inspired MANY people to overcome the odds and succeed against adversity. So the lustre of his career has been tarnished by these reports, and he's going to be in court for a long time to come. He's never going to be able to compete professionally again and he'll always have the "cheat" label applied to him.
Yes, I'm disappointed in him. I still think that despite all the doping, charges against him, court cases and media reports, he helped some people through some hard times.
He's not going to be reviled like Gary Glitter. He's more like Michael Jackson, where some will hate him and some (like myself) will remember that he was once an inspiration but not any more.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Garry Glitter released a book I think, was available as a PDF file.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
M.

Now this thing with Lance Armstrong is the same IMO. Sure, there are people turning on him, making him out to be a douchebag and even sociopathic/psychotic. The fact is he *DID* win the Tour de France 5 times after overcoming multiple cancers ....... He's more like Michael Jackson, where some will hate him and some (like myself) will remember that he was once an inspiration but not any more.

If he's such an inspiration to you, you really should have known that he won the tour 7 not 5 times ;)

eksdee

FH is my second home
150669_10152435447375311_1152310975_n.jpg

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Just give them all the same drugs and it'll all be fair again ;)
kinda like the NFL :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
an NL expert on human behaviour watched the vids and claims LA was lying often during the interview.

many of my hard-core cyclist friends are showing support for LA. not support for doping, just the man himself.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Honestly, I don't give a shit. The sport was different back then and everyone did it. I am not saying that it is alright to cheat, but the difference is that he won seven times and never tested positive, unlike the many other riders did. He was the best, not only at doping, but also cycling. Can't deny that

Nate

FH is my second home
Just had an idea how gamers can use Amrstrongs blood transfusion program.

Asian blood transfusion.

Win GSL no problem!

CorNokZ

Just had an idea how gamers can use Amrstrongs blood transfusion program.

Asian blood transfusion.

Win GSL no problem!
You will never be pure breed Asian, so they will always beat you

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Michael Jackson faced charges of paedophilia yet was given a huge media send-off when he died. His music is still played on TV and radio and there's no stigma attached to still liking his music.

Since a jury of his peers found him not guilty of all charges, I would think that there should be no stigma attached to his music.

The fact is he *DID* win the Tour de France 5 times after overcoming multiple cancers (yes, I know the wins are invalidated now).

Seven, actually.

I still think that despite all the doping, charges against him, court cases and media reports, he helped some people through some hard times.

Fuck him. Seriously, fuck him. He ruined a lot of people's lives by bullying and lying his way to victory. Greg Lemond lost his business because of that twat. Just think how many honest cyclists riding in those tours never had a chance because of the cheating cunts who doped or drugged their way to victory.

So fuck all of them.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
My mates mum made all of Glitters costumes, she keeps quiet about it now, I've even tried them on in her studio...I'm gonna give him a call, wonder if she'd sell ?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Do I like Lostprophets music any less? Hell no! I still like their music and still play it often.
Would you like Lostprophets music if you found out they were all autotuning, couldn't play their own instruments and that their music was actually composed and played by someone else?

I.E. Would you still like and admire them if they cheated their way to success and denied the real artist the success they deserved?

an NL expert on human behaviour watched the vids and claims LA was lying often during the interview.
He's been doing it all of his life, why would anyone think something's changed?

He wouldn't be doing Oprah unless there was something in it for him.

Fuck him. Seriously, fuck him. He ruined a lot of people's lives by bullying and lying his way to victory. Greg Lemond lost his business because of that twat. Just think how many honest cyclists riding in those tours never had a chance because of the cheating cunts who doped or drugged their way to victory.

So fuck all of them.
This. 100%.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Personally I'm looking forward to the day when we all give up the pretence and athletes can fill their bodies with all the shit they like. There will still be "clean" versions of each sport, but guess which version people will watch?
feminist-hulk-on-bicycle.jpg

CorNokZ

Michael Rasmussen just admitted to doping in the period 1998-2010, lol

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Shame we didnt hear more about it. We (the Dutch) are very interested about his period with the Rabobank (sponsor).

CorNokZ

Apparently he has put down all his cards on the table and told the authorities everything

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Has he told them who he is yet?

rynnor

Rockhound
What amuses me are the idiots saying the sport is now clean - yeah right :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Personally I'm looking forward to the day when we all give up the pretence and athletes can fill their bodies with all the shit they like. There will still be "clean" versions of each sport, but guess which version people will watch?

Which will put serious pressure on children to make the decision to take risks with their health for the fame and adulation carrot.

Lets hope not. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom