DOOM3 ownz all !!!

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
You guys ain't seen nothing yet. I've just been to hell and back.

:flame:

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
-spoiler-

End boss screenie, don't click unless you wanna know what it looks like.

Clicky

Far too easy to kill imo.

Btw, anyone check what the guy was writing on his laptop when you first entered admin as you arrived on mars at the start, Very funny :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sissyfoo said:
Have to agree with Enigma on some points. Waaay too much darkness. Sure it can add to the scary factor but it just gets boring after a while. Having to flick between a torch and a gun all the time pisses me off intensely. I don't really like the way the monsters die ... not sure why but it grates at me. ~shrug~

The game has made me jump a few times but I don't think it can hold a candle to AvP2 in terms of atmosphere. That game will always be the BEST!!11eleven

Agreed i played through the marine missions on AVP2 one night no lights on or anything and i absoulutly shat myself for a good 5 hours playing it... and it really does crap u up when the lights are off all you have is your shoulder lamp.. then aliens start coming towards u and ur like fuck and start shooting like Hudson wiv the pulse rifle.. good memories that game.. now if they made an AVP3 using the doom 3 engine man that would be good

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
Agreed i played through the marine missions on AVP2 one night no lights on or anything and i absoulutly shat myself for a good 5 hours playing it... and it really does crap u up when the lights are off all you have is your shoulder lamp.. then aliens start coming towards u and ur like fuck and start shooting like Hudson wiv the pulse rifle.. good memories that game.. now if they made an AVP3 using the doom 3 engine man that would be good

I never really got the AvP scary thing... the problem with it was that there was so little variety in enemies that it became almost monotonous and arcadey... you never really feared what would "come next" as it would always be another alien... and they all acted in the same way. Ofcourse, at times it is jumpy and hearing the clicky headcrabs was unnerving... i'm not saying it was nothing... And I've never played Doom 3 since i have a crap pc and have gone off FPS games since playing Daoc, but I'd say that would be more frightening based on what i've heard/seen.

ummm Edit... i'm talking about AvP 1 experiences here.... not really played 2 outside of a demo version, didnt realise, so perhaps i'm missing something :)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Doom 3 is very very nice and a bit spooky , gotta agree on the point I also thought that AvP 2 was scarier - play em both late night 5:1 blasting and check ya undies after both - tests prove that you will shite an average of 1kg per hour more playing AvP2..honest....

The thing I am more excited about is what games are going to follow using the Doom 3 engine as there are definately going to be some crackers.

Righto off to change me pants before I test Tellytubbies the Hellspawn vol 1.

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
have to agree doom3 is very nice (just got the chainsaw thats fun xD) but i also agree it gets repetative and predictable always seem to guess when the walls gonna open and more mobs are gonna pop still gets scary though :p

Night

Fledgling Freddie
I just got the minigun, was dancing yay, then got locked in a room and cried when i heard all the monsters, when the door opened i let rip...nothing survives!!!!!
should've saved some bullets for those Huge fuck off bulls in the next 5 mins tho...

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Very enjoyable game, gimmicky but generally poor level design (too repetitive, not enough variation in lighting, architecture and ambience), superb sound effects, alternate fire would have been nice but this is Doom, who really wants to be able to lean in Doom? The final boss was too easy, but then all Id Software set out to do was sell their new engine, and in the process create an homage to the original games, plus (so it seems) Half-Life. Which they succeeded in doing.

Doom 3 - elegant simplistic horror - play for short periods of time otherwise you become desensitised to it. That said I finished it in under two days without even trying. Hmm.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
i really really like doom3 its so damn scary most of the time, i especially like all the kinda bits where the doors get ripped open, think it adds to it, plus the gfx are amazing and i can run it high detail on my cacky wee pc with no probs

only downside is that its maybe just too dark lol most of the time u cant see much at all without torching and switchin to ur boomstick all the time

mts

Fledgling Freddie
It was pretty tough to beat on veteran, but I did it.. yay ^^

Trying on nightmare now, it's just silly tough. You loose like 5hp every 5 seconds until you hit 25 where it rests until you get more and then it starts to drop again. I don't see how this can be done without the soulcube :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom