Don't try this at home!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
The GM's in this game are great.. have talked to them a couple of times.. and they are really nice, however the rules they have to work by are utterly crap... GOA needs to give their GM's less limitations, and have to hire more so they have a 24/7 ingame support... but I guess those guys there in france (just the GOA guys, not referring to all french) are just pricks sitting on their money like a dog guarding his bone...

sko

Loyal Freddie
Arauddry, you have the mind of a child who still thinks that's funny (it never was funny was it?)

Corran, maybe you think I'm a prick, and maybe the GM's think I'm a prick but if they lower them selves to acting on personal opinions of a customer then I guess that further proves Blizzards supperioirty to GOA.

And on top of that, you were on a personal level with Kemor, which is something totally different than a GM taking 10 minutes extra to level with the customers.

edit: And by saying Blizzard are better, I'm not saying GOA are crap. The fact that GM's are not usually online after normal work hours can prove problematic. When I've seen them online they are quite often <AFK>, and take some time to respond (as I imagine they get their hands full with 1-2 GM per server), aswell as RightNow being utter crap. The fact that they are nazi strict on their policy (example won't change the name of a character even if hell froze over, won't give back an item that was deleted in lagg, won't give back a precious artifact that disappeared on a guard and so on). This is something GOA have to work on, they are nice and helpful aslong as you are within their "legal reach". They need more people and ALOT more flexibility. Blizzard is many steps ahead of this, even tho it's "just beta".

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
edit: And by saying Blizzard are better, I'm not saying GOA are crap. The fact that GM's are not usually online after normal work hours can prove problematic. When I've seen them online they are quite often <AFK>, and take some time to respond (as I imagine they get their hands full with 1-2 GM per server), aswell as RightNow being utter crap. The fact that they are nazi strict on their policy (example won't change the name of a character even if hell froze over, won't give back an item that was deleted in lagg, won't give back a precious artifact that disappeared on a guard and so on). This is something GOA have to work on, they are nice and helpful aslong as you are within their "legal reach". They need more people and ALOT more flexibility. Blizzard is many steps ahead of this, even tho it's "just beta".
haha and i bet u tried to change ur name after stealing artifacts lmao xD
actualy goa can change name and already did it for me on french servers :eek:

sko

Loyal Freddie
You're pretty clueless ara.. you are like Thugs, actually.. not quite as irritating but you share alot.. how many rps now? 20 mill? j00 r4wk d00d.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
I talked with one on the wow beta test and he/she was very kind. But it's still a beta, early etc and we have yet to see if we wil lget in game csr in eu wow.

And for dreami: :(

Corran

Part of the furniture
sko said:
Arauddry, you have the mind of a child who still thinks that's funny (it never was funny was it?)

Corran, maybe you think I'm a prick, and maybe the GM's think I'm a prick but if they lower them selves to acting on personal opinions of a customer then I guess that further proves Blizzards supperioirty to GOA.

And on top of that, you were on a personal level with Kemor, which is something totally different than a GM taking 10 minutes extra to level with the customers.

Personal opinions will ALWAYS reflect the treatment that you recieve no matter where. It a fact of life. If you phoned up a customer support and started by saying "Hi, i know your a bunch of useless low life scum however i got problem X, now help me fix it" you think that they really will go out their way to help? If there been complaints to them about your behaviour before do you think you be top of their priority list? In short the answer is NO, they will get to you when they can be bothered.

Next, I wasn't on a personal level with Kemor when i first spoke to him yet eventually spoke to him more often even when didnt have a problem with the game simply to discuss game related things. Wether it would be things that were coming in patches to come, problems others faced and i was querying what being done to stop it in future, raid tactics that seemed mad but wanted his views (always got a "Heh, try it and see" response followed by a "Guess that not work then :)" afterwards) and then just general chit chat simply because he was easy to talk to.

Oh, and blizzard will be going all out to impress people atm, they want to try make sure that they can tempt many people into the game at release by giving you the idea that they will always be there for you. Typical company preceedings and the presence will fade away somewhat on release, though hopefully by then there not so many problems anyways.

And like any company there is rules to follow. They actually warn people about certain things and if you still do it they are not obligated to fix it. I remember some time back they told you "Dont give artifacts to guards as we will not replace them" and as such they sticking to their ruling back then. To change it now would lead to abuse by some people as always. It human nature to keep pushing the boundaries, if they change this ruling they be under more pressure to change others for our benefit which isnt a good idea.

sko

Loyal Freddie
As everything you've said may be so, the fact remains that Blizzard has not yet (because it's too early, yes) spoiled their reputation by failing to assist a customer, like GOA have done miserably. (Was that sentense hard to read (I'm semi-sleeping))? RightNow is the worst excuse for support ever, we have seen countless whine threads with humorous screenshots to prove that, ie. auto-answering machines who are totally out of the element proving how cheap they are. Personally I've had to wait over 2 months to get a reply on certain cases, the fact that if you get STUCK (or similar) when a GM is not at immideiate rescue is a major downside, cause you'll lose atleast 2 days to RightNow slowness.

What I'm saying is, you are denying that Blizzard is offering good support compared to GOA when the fact is, Blizzard haven't failed in the short time they offered support, while GOA has failed many times and many people.. which is wrong of you.

Also, I can asure you that people who work at support cannot judge people on a personal level before they offer support. Those kind of people won't get hired many places.. if they do, then that company sucks. They are PAYED professionals, they should stay professional even tho the subject is a prat.

edit: And I'm not saying that GOA is unprofessional, btw.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
You're pretty clueless ara.. you are like Thugs, actually.. not quite as irritating but you share alot..
how many rps now? 20 mill? j00 r4wk d00d.
i was just having fun ;o
btw malice lvl 10 now?
and for rps now i prefer deathblows since nf ^^

Attachments

• db.JPG
    db.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 124

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Araudry said:
i was just having fun ;o
btw malice lvl 10 now?
and for rps now i prefer deathblows since nf ^^

That's not on infi tho :eek:

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
As everything you've said may be so, the fact remains that Blizzard has not yet (because it's too early, yes) spoiled their reputation by failing to assist a customer,

Anyone who played Diablo 2 will know this is wrong. In D2 Blizzard support was absolutely awful. Bug reports and support forum went unanswered for ages, if it ever got an answer, and there was literally no ingame support, which left it pretty much a free-for-all for griefers and hackers.

I like Blizzard. I like their games. I think they do a good job. But let's not ignore what we know about their support, and support in general, just because some people are looking forward to WoW.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
"Rules" like the "We don't replace items under any circumstances" exist only because of the <insert countless amounts of swearing here> durability/condition system daoc has. Item 0% dur? give it to a guard and you'll get a new one.

Fucking dumb, isn't it ?

No wonder Blizzard will probably give back items, be there any way to lose one like this in their game, because they used their brain when they made their durability system, as it's totally ****ing uber.

Aussie

Banned
how about you lay your armor and items on the floor and pick them up just before they fade away. sounds exciting no? :m00:

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Araudry said:
thats bg infil .. pwnd thugs /flex
everyone isnt gimp like u that cant get a deathblows :eek:

Hah, lies I got 4 deathblows earlier today with oil!1!

And I doubt that's on bg infi considering you got 50'000 rps in that session...

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
Hah, lies I got 4 deathblows earlier today with oil!1!

And I doubt that's on bg infi considering you got 50'000 rps in that session...
well who cares atm i dont play much infil i play theurg and i made 100 with theurg when i tried infil i made 40+ in 1-2 hours so its possible to get that with infil easy but maybe less rps since i m rr11 :p

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Araudry said:
well who cares atm i dont play much infil i play theurg and i made 100 with theurg when i tried infil i made 40+ in 1-2 hours so its possible to get that with infil easy but maybe less rps since i m rr11 :p

Such covering up of lies, besides the rps earned compared to amount of kills clearly show you're not playing a solo/duo char but in a grp of at least 6+ players :p

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
Such covering up of lies, besides the rps earned compared to amount of kills clearly show you're not playing a solo/duo char but in a grp of at least 6+ players :p
where did u see me saying i was solo or anything? i just said i like deathblows..
reply with bg infil was just having fun with u :p

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Araudry said:
where did u see me saying i was solo or anything? i just said i like deathblows..
reply with bg infil was just having fun with u :p

Well I guess a rr11 infi does about as much dmg as a rr6-7 merc or smth so isn't that bad a grp char :) and can climb walls too at sieges.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
Well I guess a rr11 infi does about as much dmg as a rr6-7 merc or smth so isn't that bad a grp char :) and can climb walls too at sieges.
nah i hate playing infil in group it suck i m not mercfil i m full cs so my infil in group just suck :p
but solo/duo its another story :>
since nf i prefer playing theurg i enjoy more theurg solo or grouped than infil since nf ;p

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Boggy said:
Anyone who played Diablo 2 will know this is wrong. In D2 Blizzard support was absolutely awful. Bug reports and support forum went unanswered for ages, if it ever got an answer, and there was literally no ingame support, which left it pretty much a free-for-all for griefers and hackers.

I like Blizzard. I like their games. I think they do a good job. But let's not ignore what we know about their support, and support in general, just because some people are looking forward to WoW.
There is a difference, D2 isn´t pay-to-play.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Edlina said:

Nope....merc will always hit 20-30% harder due to the ws difference.Even if the inf was rr11 and the merc was rr1 highlander crush for example, the inf would have about 1650ws buffed(?) and merc about 2000, 350 difference or so, 10% of 1650 is 165, 165x2=330=20% so you get the picture.Even if it used cs styles to get near the merc's damage in melee it would have to be 50cs and even using those the merc would still probably hit 15%-20% more damage.(i am talking both classes in pure melee here, though they probably would hit similar damage on casters in melee if not debuffed)

Bad luck too dreami, any chance to get it back? if not just go slash/crush and get aug str 5 xD 2279ws of r0x xD

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sorry to bump an old post, but I recently found the following quote from the most recent Grab Bag on the Camelot Herald which might be relevant:
Sanya Thomas said:
1. Guards can be upgraded with weapons you obtain in game. It actually affects the guard’s performance. This was part of the game’s design. However, guards don’t have inventories in the sense that players do, so after the improvement is applied, the item disappears.

**Side Note: We will usually give Artifacts back in situations like this. The only time we wouldn't be able to is if for some reason the artifact was not in the back-ups for us to copy from.**
The side note seems to indicate that Mythic does return artifacts given to realm guards. Perhaps you can use this as leverage to get GOA to help you? (Even if it has indeed been some time now.)

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
The side note seems to indicate that Mythic does return artifacts given to realm guards. Perhaps you can use this as leverage to get GOA to help you? (Even if it has indeed been some time now.)
Mythic CSR's do a lot of things as part of the service that GOA claim are against policy. Speaking with the CSR's it seems they will return items if logs prove you once owned them and they can identify the loss. They return them to you at the same condition you lost them and if you happen to have sold to an NPC by accident then they demand back the 5g xxs xxc etc.

I've done a couple of stupid things while playing US by accident including selling a rare drop to a NPC by mistake and upgrading and then downgrading a house (instead of applying the new porch). Both times Mythic made no guarentees but investigated logs and then came back and fixed my errors.

It seems Mythic will even unactivate an artifact if you selected the wrong version as long as you appeal the mistake within X hours of activation. They will most likely sit over your shoulder and watch you re-activate it the the desired version.

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Nope....merc will always hit 20-30% harder due to the ws difference.Even if the inf was rr11 and the merc was rr1 highlander crush for example, the inf would have about 1650ws buffed(?) and merc about 2000, 350 difference or so, 10% of 1650 is 165, 165x2=330=20% so you get the picture.Even if it used cs styles to get near the merc's damage in melee it would have to be 50cs and even using those the merc would still probably hit 15%-20% more damage.(i am talking both classes in pure melee here, though they probably would hit similar damage on casters in melee if not debuffed)

Bad luck too dreami, any chance to get it back? if not just go slash/crush and get aug str 5 xD 2279ws of r0x xD

If u take account poisons...dot, enervating...some viper...crit start moves, assasin can dish quite nice damage though.

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
nah i hate playing infil in group it suck i m not mercfil i m full cs so my infil in group just suck :p
but solo/duo its another story :>
since nf i prefer playing theurg i enjoy more theurg solo or grouped than infil since nf ;p

Yeah like camping boats with KKlas and FZ'ing solo'er off boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom