dont patch this morning you will get us version loginservers are down hand tip inside

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by mbisiker
ok i know im a newb but can you explain the making of the BAT file for me in more detail please, because all i get is a text file called bypass.bat :(

please help

If your using notepad just make sure you select save as *.* NOT AS A TEXT FILE

A

Addlcove

you need to go to your folder options and remove the [v'] in the "hide known file extensions"

L

lofff

ok i know im a newb but can you explain the making of the BAT file for me in more detail please, because all i get is a text file called bypass.bat :(

please help

use the ms-dos console, by executing command.com or sth, then go to ur daoc folder and type ren bypass.txt bypass.bat (in ur case bypass.bat.txt bypass.bat ;p)

M

mbisiker

ah great thanks :)

yep that worked, now im to play alone :)

L

lofff

addlcove ill sort the easy stuff, keep on working with ur experts, i wanna play the game anytime soon ;d <whyps addlcove>

A

Addlcove

try using [run] under startmenu to run login.dll does that work? ;)

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by Addlcove
try using [run] under startmenu to run login.dll does that work? ;)

Damn we need to get this under 1 thread lol.

Doing that requires an association ?

S

Sajko

ugh

ok I fucked it up cuz i stopped the DL and then replaced the update.dat with the usual Euro fix. But now this just means that a) I can't start the game with login.dll cuz I get an error saying im missing some files and b) it wont DL the rest of the patch.

Can someone please c/p the IP addresses on the US patch from update.dat ?

L

lofff

[run]
call login.dll
exit /y

if u mean this i afraid it doesnt work ;/

S

Shrye

Solution would be to make .dll work as an executable. However, I don't see any way of doing this, as when trying to make a new entry for .dll files (under Folder Options>File Types), you're told that it's an invalid extension, it's already in use.

M

mbisiker

ok i know i said it worked but it did to get the login screen up, but it seems the fix to switch back from the patched version to 1.62 posted elsewhere doesnt work :(

R

Regicide

Originally posted by Shrye
Solution would be to make .dll work as an executable. However, I don't see any way of doing this, as when trying to make a new entry for .dll files (under Folder Options>File Types), you're told that it's an invalid extension, it's already in use.

RunDll32 login.dll <entrypoint>

Anyone know what the login.dll's entrypoint is? What is called when you run the .dll file on win2k?

D

davince

For those who want to know how to get back to European version after downloading the US update here's how to do it without reinstalling the game:

1. open update.dat with notepad

2. erase all the text thats in there

3. paste the following and save it when you close

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

i hope this will help you guys out

M

mbisiker

Unfortunatly this didnt work for me now i just get told that my password is incorrect :(

O

Ocalinn

err. this doesnt work for me.

i tried making .bat file, executed it and i cant login. the invalid password window pops up after i press the 2 accept buttons.

K

Krakatau

No returning back from here...

Now I'll go XP on both PC's...Blaster and other stuff here I come :(

D

davince

If you have already downloaded part of the 9.6 mb its to late i'm afraid :( you need the patchservers to depatch you back to the EU version thats why you get the wrong pasword box.

if you've altered the update.dat you will depatch to EU once the server is back up

M

mbisiker

damn, this fast connection that had the download donw before i could think about it :(

well it seems as though its going to be another weekend withough DoaC

A

Addlcove

damn, this fast connection that had the download donw before i could think about it :(

well it seems as though its going to be another weekend withough DoaC

did you download the patch

or just update the patcher

if you only updated the patcher you can still use the login.dll trick

K

kinag

Originally posted by Addlcove
try taking away Belsameths coffin when she has a hangover... then you´ll know the rtue horrifying meaning of the word grumpy

lol :clap:

P

[PS]Fool

Hmm, can someone clear somethin up for me?

If i didnt download the whole patch, but just under half of it, would i still be fooked till the whateverhasgonedown comes back up? If i am, ill go do sthin else for a few hours :p

D

Dair

intresting question using this solution does it break GoA/mythics rules?

C

case-rigantis

might be a silly question but how do you change it back so you go through update servers again? when i click camelot now nothing happens i have to use the batch file to open daoc

any suggestions?

H

hercules-df

this has been known for a long time and posted in the past, ppl who aint already launching the game this way deserve the mess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom