Don't drink & Drive

N

n00b 79

rape him in public and throw him to the lions is what i think would be punishment enough....

O

old.job

Punishment works, if illegal parking carried the death penalty, would you ever do it?

Hopefully this guy is now a social outcast, he also has to live with this in his soul, no matter how tough you think you are, thats eats you up eventually.
Imagine seeing the poster, and everyone revulsion to the culprit and knowing it was you. That can be better punishment than a lifetime in prison.

N

Novamir

I don't think killing someone is ever the answer, or any physical (or mental) violence. This guy will never be able to drive again, be in jail for seven years, and be vilified by a whole community for the rest of his life- not to mention having to live with the terrible guilt and regret of his irresponsible action.

Because that's what it was. Drink driving is a cardinal sin, don't get me wrong, but he might have been happily having 3/4 pints with his friends in a pub then thought he was "ok" to drive home because the alcohol has made him more assured of himself. Then through only his own stupidity and ignorance he caused such a horrendous accident. See, accident- this is why we have manslaughter, and murder. The difference is intent.

This is a world of difference between a cold blooded murderer who seeks to take life and has no remorse of his actions. And some of you want the same punishment for both men?!?!? That's worrying in my opinion.

I do think that this campaign should be very effective and I have so much sympathy for the victim.

O

old.LandShark

Life ban from driving and a few fair years in jail, but death for an accident? Considering there's no death penalty for rape or manslaughter, death penalty for a drink-driving accident is perhaps a little extreme? I can't help but think you're overreacting to the pictures. They're utterly horrific and I feel extremely sorry for the poor girl in question, but you can't really punish him any differently to the drink-drivers that cause accidents in which people die outright. Certainly you can't punish him MORE harshly...

O

old.job

Where's Judge Dred when you need him?

He have blown the f@ckers head off at the scene :)

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Life ban from driving and a few fair years in jail, but death for an accident? Considering there's no death penalty for rape or manslaughter, death penalty for a drink-driving accident is perhaps a little extreme? I can't help but think you're overreacting to the pictures. They're utterly horrific and I feel extremely sorry for the poor girl in question, but you can't really punish him any differently to the drink-drivers that cause accidents in which people die outright. Certainly you can't punish him MORE harshly...

I agree. all drunken driving should be punished VERY harsh.

R

rynnor

Its pretty rare for somebody with such extreme burns to survive - massive destruction of one of the bodies major organs (the skin) is usually fatal - I guess its the shock value of her injuries that makes her the poster girl.

Campaign for safer cars - these kind of injuries occur on the roads every day due to a variety of causes.

Probably not a popular sentiment in Texas though - easier to villify a drunk driver and pretend it couldnt happen to anyone...

B

Belsameth

it's quite true that it could, and probably does, happen in traffic every day.
you're completely ignoring the fact that when you drink and step behind a wheel, you knowingly increase the chance that it happens

B

BubbleCDR

smoke weed and fly!

the pics are v sad aswell :(

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Bubble you just need to fuck the hell off the boards.
All your posts are utter bullshit and you're the most unintelligent asshole I've ever met on the internet.
Do yourself and us a favour and just leave.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
you're the most unintelligent asshole I've ever met on the internet.

and that includes krypt

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Novamir
vilified by a whole community for the rest of his life- not to mention having to live with the terrible guilt and regret of his irresponsible action.

See, accident- this is why we have manslaughter, and murder. The difference is intent.

This is a world of difference between a cold blooded murderer who seeks to take life and has no remorse of his actions. And some of you want the same punishment for both men?!?!? That's worrying in my opinion.

Exactly, the top punishment alone is enough. To say that a guy deserves death for a complete accident is harsh, and to say that he deserves to be burned and to live the same life as this girl is just sick. It's justice to execute someone who has performed first degree murder IMO, but to execute someone who has performed an accident, which didn't even result in manslaughter, isn't justice.

J

Jonaldo

He got drunk and intently drove knowing he wasn't in full control of his vehicle. Anyone who does this knows they're putting theirs and other lives at risk. The fact he did drink and drive probably means he's stupid enough not to have a conscience that will burden this for long. By the time he's back out again, he'll be allowed to take a new test, and he'll have forgotten all about this incident. And he'll probably drink and drive again, hopefully next time it'll be he who is the victim though.

Couldn't give a shit if it's harsh, I'm a harsh person, and not very tolerant to stupid people. Anyone who drinks and drives is a stupid person, could be a fucking genius with 7 masters degrees but they're still a stupid, stupid person and fully deserve anything bad that comes to them, no matter how extreme.

K

klavrynd

death sentence is a present considering what he did to the girl

S

SFXman

I'd also say that he will not live a very relaxed life ever... this will very very likely linger in his head for a long long time. Everywhere he goes there is pictures or warning of drinking and driving featuring the woman he has hurt so badly... probably no way he could ever forget about it if it is all around him.

N

Novamir

so the punishment for stupidity is death? like you've never made a mistake?

and such right wing bullshit from klav im just gonna ignore, not even worth arguing with- though i assume you only posted to get a reaction. its like we're back in the dark ages.

K

klavrynd

and such right wing bullshit from klav im just gonna ignore, not even worth arguing with- though i assume you only posted to get a reaction.

well boo-hoo to political correctness.

i don't know what you mean with "right wing bullshit" but right wing is a wing as well. Why isnt anyone yacking if you say left wing and even commie shit and they jump at you like flies on a turd when more right wing thought are being written?

i'll make myself more clear : what this guy has done horrible and death sentence has been brought up in this post way before i posted this. I was saying that death sentence would be a present for this guy, and for many other criminals. Make prisons less 'fun' id say (hell , here in belgium convicts had to turn in their playstation 2's because they could get on the internet with it....) so it's actually a punishment.

I really think this guys wouldve had less attention if the girl had been dead and prolly got of with a fine and his driving licence cancelled

N

Novamir

why do you associate political correctnous with socalist beliefs? and the reason i strongly disagree with your 'kind' of ideas is because i dislike right wing ideals and motives- all seem to be motivated by rash and self-centered emotions.

O

old.tRoG

The death penalty sucks bollocks.

It's much more of a punishment to be locked up for the rest of your life, or being hated by everyone and everything.

Mental pain is worse than physical pain.

Hot dang!

O

old.job

Right wingers are left wingers with experience.

Show me a left winger, who's mother got raped and killed by some lowlife and I'll show you a right wing recruit.

People rarely appreciate things till they experience them themselves.

K

klavrynd

i've been thinkin all week of those pictures, especially whilst driving

even though its just horrible it's quite an effective campaign (and i think i can say im used to quite some "frightening effects")

Z

Zill

In the New Year (near Manchester I believe) a drunk driver smashed into a car containing 3 people, as a result a young girl traveling in the car was killed. Her sister was left critically injured in hospital, her Dad escaped with minor injuries.

The drunk driver was already serving a life ban for driving, however this didn't stop him from obtaining a car which he had previously stolen. It then transpired that 10 years or so ago he had killed his friend travelling in the passenger seat of a car they had stolen and later crashed. He was found to be drunk at the wheel and consequently convicted.

He never showed any emotion or remorse for his crime back then, nor did he did he show it at court last month after being charged with the manslaughter of the young girl. He was sentenced to 8 years in prison. This demonstrates that there are some people that have the intent to drive under the influence of alcholol consumption without any thought or consideration for people's lives. To be convicted of killing anyone while drink driving can be discribed as stupidity. To be convicted of the same offence for a second time, in my opinion is unforgivable and borderline evil (stupidity has been surpassed).

And it's terrible what happened to that girl from Texas. To be confined like that for the rest of your natural life due to some idiot is difficult to comprehend.

Z

Zill

Originally posted by klavrynd

well boo-hoo to political correctness.

i don't know what you mean with "right wing bullshit" but right wing is a wing as well. Why isnt anyone yacking if you say left wing and even commie shit and they jump at you like flies on a turd when more right wing thought are being written?

i'll make myself more clear : what this guy has done horrible and death sentence has been brought up in this post way before i posted this. I was saying that death sentence would be a present for this guy, and for many other criminals. Make prisons less 'fun' id say (hell , here in belgium convicts had to turn in their playstation 2's because they could get on the internet with it....) so it's actually a punishment.

I really think this guys wouldve had less attention if the girl had been dead and prolly got of with a fine and his driving licence cancelled

It's the same in the UK, prisons have been turned into holiday camps as part of their rehabilitation. They get TVs in their cells, drugs you name it, they can get it. They have more fun inside then they did on the outside. In a lot of cases, there's no incentive for them to rehabilitate and get back into society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom