don t accept kemor as moderator

O

old.Finster

if you politely tell your customers to get lost and close official support, i won t accept a company emloyee as moderator here either.

if you tell the customers to do it themselves. leave them to themselves.

aggrod customer.

Finster

C

c0ngo

Not sure there's an option to accept a Mod or not m8.

I think it only fair to give the mods here a chance, if you intend to use the forums here I don't really think you have any choice.

H

HargloweHyfryd

Kemor is not the one to blame....

You might want to read the last post Brannor did on the official forum (today is the last day to read it).
Kemor has our best interest at heart, according to Brannor, and I believe him.

O

old.Yomar

Kemor's position

Reading between the lines of Kemor's and Brandon's posts and having some experience with company policies in general, I think Kemor does not have that much latitude. Everything he writes is prolly screened by his superiors, who have very different goals in mind. Kemor can prolly only speak his mind once, just once - the next minute he'll be sacked. I think Kemor is in a very hard position.

Blame his boss. Not him.

O

old.Finster

cooled down a bit.

still i m a little put off to have the forum turn independend and still being moderated company wise. this is the kind of outsourcing at customer expense that shouldn t go without an uproar.

C

c0ngo

Looking at some of the other post they seem to be have BW Mods here as well.

Said all I had to say about the forum closures in the 'official' one.

Hoping for a new start here and have calmed down a lot since yesterday, I don't intend to bring any baggage from the other forum here with me.

A

Alrindel

The point of making Kemor (and now Zargar) mods here was not to allow them to censor and delete and oppress the masses (how much of that did they do on the official forums anyways? There was no shortage of criticism of GOA and I never heard of anything much getting deleted).

The point was to allow them to occasionally post useful information here without subjecting us all to a huge argument about it really was or wasn't the real Kemor. Which is more or less what happened when, during the DOS attack which took the official forums offline, he came here to post information about it in the hopes that players would spread the word. The moderator stamp is just there as a courtesy to him and a convenience to us. I doubt he'll ever use it to delete or post or whatever.

G

granny

Also very useful to have someone from GOA here with mod powers so that if anyone were to post, for instance, details of cheat apps available for daoc etc then such posts could be removed quickly and cleanly, something I think everyone would agree is a Good Thing.

O

old.giriam

erhm yeah like a non-goa moderator could'nt do that :p

alrindel has a point though.

Z

Zargar

What Alrindel said

What Alrindel said :)

This is correct. We are not here to moderate posts, but for convenience of making announcements should it become necessary.

C

c0ngo

Zargar, thanks for posting and clarifying, shame it wasn't on the old forum but good to hear from you all the same ;)

A

Aeiedil

i reckon its just cause they still wanted to feel big ;) hmm whats this, new smilies to abuse :clap:

is this one not considered rude :upyours: ;) why do i think that one will start appearing soon on the rvr forums :D

O

Olgark

Having someone here from GOA is not a bad thing. Also Kemor can only tell us what information he is given by GOA, so you can't do him down because of that.

I see it more of he is our eyes and ears to GOA and not the other way round.

:puke: :sleeping:

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Aeiedil
i reckon its just cause they still wanted to feel big ;) hmm whats this, new smilies to abuse :clap:

is this one not considered rude :upyours: ;) why do i think that one will start appearing soon on the rvr forums :D

Don't know about you but this is the one I'll be using most :)
Me---> :twak: <--- a random alb ;)

O

old.Finster

cooled down entirely...

sic tacuisses philosophus mansisses...

if i d have stayed silent i d remained a philosopher. but it is hard to stay silent forever. i was really a little put off by the reason for closing official forums: basically it was stated they didn t do what goa expected them to do for them, when i had hoped the forums where concerned with what they could do for us (the players).

it was a nice community and i d hate to see it fall apart, because only the writings and flames of the players give life to all those pointless battles...

Finster

A

Antiarch

I think that the whole idea of closing the official forums revolves around money.
Anyways it seems that all moved here so i have this big suggestion: Change this awfull green, makes me puke..:puke:

O

old.Keigan

changing of colour

Aren't they going to change the colour here on DaoC forums?
Since they said so in official forums (R.I.P. :))... hope they will at least...

B

Brinx

It's being worked out atm. It turned out to be a bigger task (due to weird VBulletin code) than first though. Afaik, it'll hopefully be sorted out in a few days or so.

O

old.Absolute

was some1 colour blind that done the BG colour scheme :rolleyes:

:puke:

Did GoA give a reason for losing the official forums ?, or they just scared of daoc wannabies reading how bad they are ?, or is that unfair ?. :fluffle:

R

razorboy

goa said that they wanted to have more time for the servers, support and patching thins, so they closed the forums to free up time.

And I must admit, a forum without players doesn't work, but the game without forum will still work ....

did that make any sense? :(

O

old.Weevil

fuck off give the moderators a chance, once they've got all the money they will get out of us, they will just fuck off onto some other project and let the game die a slow death, because the money they will be getting will only diminish from hereonin, and thats fucking unacceptable

a VERY aggroed customer

Finny

O

old.Weevil

Originally posted by Ibaun
goa said that they wanted to have more time for the servers, support and patching thins, so they closed the forums to free up time.

And I must admit, a forum without players doesn't work, but the game without forum will still work ....

did that make any sense? :(

if you believe that mate u are gullible, i would see less and less patches when people find flaws in the game, becuase less and less people will play it, i highy doubt you will see anymore new players from now

O

old.Lonewolf

Christ stop being such a cynic and give the guys a chance

Everyone makes mistakes and at the moment who cares if the forums have gone there are always alternatives just deal with it and go pick ya rattle up that u threw out the pram :upyours:

Or back to team ego and stop thinking u rule the world or summin

Some people just never have any patience anyone would think they were murdering people or summin, its just a forum it will be ok chill, relax, there is always alternatives OH LOOK WE HAVE BARRYSWORLD, there an alternative done and dusted

NEXT!

Oh and leave Kemor the fuck alone, hes just doing his job like everyone in this world and if u don't like it well then just piss off and stop making his life harder than it has to be

I don't care who u are or what u are, it just ain't right making someones life harder for a pathetic reason, they will get it together have faith

Theres philosophy for ya

I await the flames

O

old.Keigan

Originally posted by Lonewolf
...I await the flames

Hehe ok then you little kant... 'ere we go... :p

............. :flame:

Dammit can't come up with anythin good...
(btw Theron says hlo :clap: :D )
Hope you guys are doing alright! miss you! :fluffle: ;)

O

old.Lonewolf

Hey Keigan mate you in a guild on Prydwen mate?

If so pip me into it I need levelling up I am lvl 7 ranger now, yes pathetic I know need ur l33t skillz of levelling

O

old.Weevil

Originally posted by Lonewolf
Christ stop being such a cynic and give the guys a chance

Everyone makes mistakes and at the moment who cares if the forums have gone there are always alternatives just deal with it and go pick ya rattle up that u threw out the pram :upyours:

Or back to team ego and stop thinking u rule the world or summin

Some people just never have any patience anyone would think they were murdering people or summin, its just a forum it will be ok chill, relax, there is always alternatives OH LOOK WE HAVE BARRYSWORLD, there an alternative done and dusted

NEXT!

Oh and leave Kemor the fuck alone, hes just doing his job like everyone in this world and if u don't like it well then just piss off and stop making his life harder than it has to be

I don't care who u are or what u are, it just ain't right making someones life harder for a pathetic reason, they will get it together have faith

Theres philosophy for ya

I await the flames

:upyours:

This is not some half bit operation that GOA think they run, it is a professional company, and as such, they should support the game until its phased out, and that would be in YEARS, not a few fucking months. This is what coprorate companies do. EB, when they took over barrysworld, wanted to have a pay-per-play sort of system, because they would rather have like 1000 people playing than 10,000 people not playing. GOA dont give a shit about any community that they take under their belts, i am just sad that such a corporate company like GOA we're the developers, i would have much preferred another company, but we cant have everything.

Kemor has no right to be an admin on barrysworld servers. None at all.

End.

O

old.Lonewolf

This man has anger management issues people move along!

Ignorance is a terrible thing, was Anarchy Online smooth sailing when it appeared?

Wait was EQ smooth sailing when it appeared?

Wait was UO! smooth sailing when it launched?

WAIT WAIT was DAOC America smooth when it launched?

Hell no brutha, every company has teething problems its a fact of business they are probably using the money their making now to clear the overheads the company produced when first starting!

Just give it time I am sure they will deliver and if not who gives a flying fuck just move onto Star Wars Galaxies

Stop getting yaself so worked up over a game and go out and get laid!

A

Alrindel

WAIT WAIT was DAOC America smooth when it launched?
Here's a nice blast from the past, the state of Mythic's DAoC customer service according to Mythic as of January 2002, three months after the commercial launch.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/122.php

Some highlights:
- 24-72 hour turnaround for customer service e-mail
- a queue of 400 /appeals at any given time, meaning a wait of five hours on average for an answer (improved from three days).
- fixes for bugged quests taking an average of two days (improved from three weeks)

Doesn't exactly sound like the promised land, although I'm sure it's much improved by now.

Oh, and this was an interesting link I saw on the "links" thread here: http://ultima.lightning.net/daoc/

GOA's servers have better average uptime than Mythic's :D

You guys can head back to the American servers if you like, I for one am staying here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom