Domain Registration

Discussion in 'Techie Discussion' started by smurkin, Jul 3, 2007.

1. smurkin

smurkin One of Freddy's beloved

Any idea how I would go about registering a new domain name for e-mail and website? Its actually for my brother - he wants to set up a portal for music collaboration - not sure who his provider is (probably BT).....

2. SheepCow

SheepCow Bringer of Code Staff member Moderator

I tend to use UKreg (they're part of FastHosts) for domain registration. For hosting you'd have to look elsewhere or get a FastHost account etc.

Some hosting providers allow you to register domains with them, some even give you a free domain name :)

3. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

4. smurkin

smurkin One of Freddy's beloved

That last one looks pretty good...templates and services look nice. :)

5. Maljonic

Maljonic Can't get enough of FH

I agree, both ukreg and 123-reg are ok for domain registration. I find UKReg a bit more straight forward to use, but I wouldn't use them (Fasthosts) for the hosting as they still charge extra for stuff that most other hosts throw in as standard.

6. Clown

Clown Part of the furniture

Another vote for 123-reg here. Cheap and easy and painless and easy. For hosting try Primefarm Internet Services 2007. 24/7 customer service, though you will never need it!