Dogs

pikeh

Resident Freddy
s1638p2.jpg

get a proper dog!!!
long white haired german shepherd

/edit its a random google picture. that isnt me...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
While we're on the subject I'll shamefully use this opportunity to show off my pup Noodle and also my first dog!(Naughty can be seen in the background, thats me mums) :DShe's a Jug(Jack Russell/Pug cross with pedigree parents) and at 5months old when I recorded this video after 6 weeks of 1 day a week training she can do all this! So good luck to you Alan, and maybe one day have a dog as good as my Noodle! (yeah right, she's the best!) :D

noodle.wmv - FileFront.com

Try to excuse the barnet, I'm working nights so I don't care!

Nate, your dog rocks! I love the cross breed of a pug and jack as well, lovely looking and it seems very clever. :)

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
A border collie is a very bad choice as a first time owner, the dog is a working dog..it requires a lot (I mean A LOT) of work, you will not be able to keep up with this breed as a first time owner. If the dog does not get enough work, collie's become very destructive, and believe me you don't want that. Think new furniture in every room every week.

A good breed to get at the same sort of size and quite intelligent(this all depends on the amount of training, walks, and time spent on the dog) is a Labrador. This breed is fun, loving and gentle. It still requires work, don't think taking the dog on walks everyday is enough.

You need to let the dog out every 4 hours (less if it's a puppy), if you want it to be intelligent train it (just make sure the training is good, sitting down in a hall and walking around in circles with the dog is NOT good training) you can find a lot of information about this with your local vet practice (some even do puppy parties (the dog learns at a very early age how to interact with other puppies at the same age which is very important))

I'll go in to more detail if you like.

^^ nail on the head

grown up having dogs as uncle use to breed and we use to train any dogs that didnt get bought up, boarder collie definitely one of the more energetic if not the most energetic we ever had

they are gorgeous, but any dog is capable of winning you over, with the right training and a good temperement

cant really say "oh if its your first dog" because its not like a hamster, the dog will last 10+ years (accidents aside :<)

if you cant guarentee being able to walk it 3 or more hours a day, then consider a smaller dog

personal fave is pugs but theres alot to chose from and smaller dogs and show dogs dont tend to need the same amount of exercise

edit: cornok beat me to it on the pug reccomendation bah :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Bichon Frise tbh. Dog of royalty so it actually dislikes alot of exercise etc. What more can a male OT'er ask for! :d

istockphoto_893752_bichon_frise_dog.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The Jack Russell I had for 14 years (we got it when I was 13 y.o. from the dog rescue place) was castrated at a young age, he had a wonderful temperment and was the happiest dog I have ever seen. He was well loved and cared for till the day he died, he always fitted in with other dogs and was never an outcast. Quite the opposite, he might have had his balls fixed but he was always after the bitches and it didn't stop his cock from working, just no doggy jizz for making puppies! :D

The depression and outcasting does happen more when a b*tch is "fixed".

Funny word that,

"Hello sir, we're going to fix you now!"

"Oh splendid! How would you go about this? Remove this tumor? Fix this bruised knee? Maybe fix my elbow so it doesn't sting when it's a bit chilly?"

"Oh no sir, we'll be cutting off your balls."

"WHAT?!"

"Oh yes sir, it's very popular these days. Snip snip and you'll be all better."

"Oh f*ck off!"

Nate

FH is my second home
Thanks Chod :D and fu cornokz jug > pug

Heres a picture from a few months back! Think she lost something in there? :D

img0841hb6.jpg

edit - sorry for going offtopic again :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
That pic of the puppy looking into the hole in the log is so cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom