Dog has eaten carpet, please help fix!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I left my dog unattended for like 15 minutes, when I came back something terrible had happened! I'm really in the shit because previously whilst looking after it previously it has vomited everywhere, eaten wallpaper, chewed bits of the wall off, bit through wiring, and urinated in every room of the house. Does anyone have ANY idea how I could hide the missing carpet ? At least long enough so it isn't discovered till a bit later, when it can't be proven to be my fault.

I have until 4pm, Freddyshouse...you are my only hope. :(

Destruction here --- > http://tinyurl.com/46kc9

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
give it concrete paws and throw it in the river

Tilda

Can you drop like a magasine over it, or put a plate on it, or get the dog to sit on it, or move some furniture over it or something?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I thought of that, but the missing carpet is right near my sisters bed, sort of in the centre of her bedroom. Its not the place you'd just randomly leave something + my mum is a clean freak and constantly picks anything up off the floor. If it was my room it'd be no problem, but its a girls room. :(
Going to try a blue marker pen. :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do NOT try to disguise it, as all that does is indicate deceit on your side... just come clean when your mum gets home and take the rap :)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
TBH I think teh coming clean thing is the way to go, but if you're intent on deceipt...

Get a very sharp craft knife and cut a square with the patch out, then move the bed and cut a square, exactly the same size out from there too. Swap them over.

If it is an old carpet be aware that it may be less faded under the bed and might be more obvious.

RB

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent, an entire thread on carpet munching.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I think I'm just going to come clean... :(

Anyone know how to get felt tip pen off a carpet? :p

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Cask said:
Excellent, an entire thread on carpet munching.

Hehe....

Check if your mum has and Vanish or Oxi clean SPOT removal stuff, only hope really and even then you'd probably need to pray.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
tbh, that carpet cant have cost much more than £2/sq meter, just go buy a new one :p

Tilda

I approve of RB's idea, its a good one, comming clean would have been less painful if you hadn't coloured it in :p
Cant you just say nothing and perhaps your sister will tell your mum, meaning she takes the rap not you?

Tilda

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It wasn't me.

As Shaggy said. It's always a good answer.

"What happened to the rug!!" shouted from soewhere in the house.

You stay quiet and play..umm...what you play or...gosh...read.

Mum or sister comes through the door and looks like it's that timeof the month even if it was just last week.

"What the hell happened to the blue carpet?!!"

"Dunno."

"What do you mean _dunno_?!"

"Just that, don't know. Haven't been (in particular room) in ages."

"You sure you don't know what happened?"

"No, i actually enjoy ripping apart a blue carpet... :rolleyes: "

"Stop being such a smartass..." mom/sis walks out.

Done.

Can't say how many times complete denial with the absence of evidence has saved my "smart" ass :D

EDIT: Oh...coloring the carpet ofcourse kinda destroys this so...go with honesty.

If it comes to
----
"Why didn't you watch the dog?!"

Had to take a piss...i'm human you know...
----------
Works.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
"It must've tried to get the semen out of the carpet from when that guy came over and spent the night in sis' room... oh you didn't know about that"

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Bah I'm just gonna leave it and hope my mum is in a good mood. She's got the weekend off, hopefully she'll be chipper.

Gray

FH is my second home
I bet you was one of those kids at school who made up the excuses "But... but teacher... My dog ate my homework!"

Why not get some Cotton Wool, paint/colour it the same colour as the carpet and just lay it out ;)

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Buy your sister a rug.
Then if she's fit set up a secret webcam, in fact do that anyway.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
What were you thinking trying to colour it in with a pen.

Didnt you realise it might look a little obvious afterwards? :twak:

But cheers: needed a laugh :cheers:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I almost pissed myself, when i read you had coloured it in and showed the picture

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Find an offcut, cut a square from both, and fix it in place (use glue). The carpet shop you bought it from should be able to give you a small piece for peanuts.

The other option is to scrape lots of blue fluff from the carpet, and glue that in place (although it will look like a stain).

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Thread of the day! :m00:

Your dog looks like a chocolate Lab - hyper little bastards. We have a Pitbull/Lab mix and they're the devil's spawn when it comes to keeping the house picked up and/or undestroyed. I feel for you.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Wouldn't use glue, if you ever take up the carpet it'll stay behind :)

cut 4 strips of duct tape or similar and lay them sticky side up round the edges of the square, so that they overlap the carpet, but leave some on the inside of the whole.

Push new piece in firmly, making sure it is correctly placed first time!

RB

Gray

FH is my second home
Not been on for a while to update.. ;)

I think he's been forced to sleep outside with the dog tonight, and worse to come... No internet!

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh if I was the parent it would be the dog that would get it not poor Mobius. It could try ripping up the grass all night instead, hopefully under 3 foot of snow.

But then again I hate dogs ;)

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
you dont need an offcut from the store, just move the bed and cut a chunk from under there :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom