does radar work on stealth?

K

kaod

Originally posted by jua-cosmos-jua
first sorry about laugh spam you had just killed a friend of mine and i was a little upset

Notice tho that many ppl say.. i see it too.. during the pa it lags a little. so that must be when comps recieve the stealthers location

Hehe np Jua - You totally kicked my ass that day.

Thats true you do get a small lag at PA- however I also think the hard drive goes nuts when the stealther comes into clip range.
It's happened to me and other SB many times and then we just go look for a stealther - and sometimes you get one.

To look at it another way - ever been in DF say mid side for you - and got a small bit of lag or the hard drive spinning and someone has just logged on even if you are just out of RPS range?

Happens a lot to SB in DF albside - At X an alb logging on at Merchants causes this effect.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Tivook
Umm powahhh.. do you have any idea of what you're talking about? :p

of course they are all client side, a server side hack would be like having some trojan installed on the daoc servers and i don't think anyone have access to them :p

afaik OE works on linux and it reads all the incoming packages from the daoc servers and you need 2 comps to make this work.

excalibur works the same way but it works in windows and you don't need 2 computers.

That's all i've heard.

Tivook

actualy OE= excalibur

And no acourding to everything i read about the radars (dev forums, release notes) it will only detect a stealther when he is withing your detect buble, in other words from the moment you see the stealther in shade from on your screen

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by hercules-df
strange occurances in bg3 on occasions where ppl run a VERY LONG WAY str8 at me when im stealthed, No im not low on stealth in fact lvl35 infiltrator has 35+8 in stealth, just strange to see fg of mids running from their tk str8 to the tree im standing behind (stealthed too). 1 time didnt think much of it, by the 5th time since sunday i think something foul maybe afoot in bg3 :). I rarely stand still and usually see ALL enemy stealthers if near, so dont think I was reported on, different areas of bg3 this happend in too, 1 was a long way from any usual fighting areas.

Maybe freak occurances, or does this radar thing work on stealthed ppl or not?

True Sight in bg3, yes/no? .

stealther radar is just a load of bs.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by censi
wrong btw.

I dont know if anyone uses odins eye still. But I know theres plug in's for unleashed that let you see stealthed players (including assasins) from full clip range. These plugins were not widely distributed. but theres a few people that used them. (including on euro servers)

lols , that is a actually some bug with the SI client. not a hax.

u see a stealther 'stealthed' at cliprange, but the time u are there its just a lagg ghost anyway.

happen too me loads.

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by Xray
Ok, i heard this b4.
So how come my pet can follow stealthers when they stealth, if i set it to attack b4 they stealthed?

btw i don't think my pet uses Radar.

its intended to be that way, dont ask me why

P

phule_gubben

Why even have a discussion about it at all.

if someone feels he needs radar to win let him use it until he gets banned.

Problem solved!

End of discussion!

O

old.Nol

Ok, got it right from the main coders mouth, there is no stealth hack in Odin's eye, excalibur or daoc unleashed. The location of the stealther is server side so it is impossible to hack. Pets follow code is also determined by the server.

K

kaod

Originally posted by old.Nol
Ok, got it right from the main coders mouth, there is no stealth hack in Odin's eye, excalibur or daoc unleashed. The location of the stealther is server side so it is impossible to hack. Pets follow code is also determined by the server.

If I wrote a program to map out the location of units that my client is aware of, stealthers that cause the hard disk to become more active would have to appear - maybe not precise location, but general area at the very least.

I'm telling you, the client knows SOMETHING! :)

O

old.Nol

I pretty much think that 99% of the "radar user" posts are complete bullshit. The guy who coded OE think's it's impossible and that is good enough for me.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by powahhh
odin's eye can see everything...
but it runs only in linux and is very very hard to make it run
from what i have heard
all other "radars" are client side ...means that they see everything that you comp "see"
a stealther in stealth mode has no ping and they can't see STEALTHED units
from what i have hear all this so maybe i am wrong.!

lol Stealth has no ping...... :clap:

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by kaod
If I wrote a program to map out the location of units that my client is aware of, stealthers that cause the hard disk to become more active would have to appear - maybe not precise location, but general area at the very least.

I'm telling you, the client knows SOMETHING! :)
My friend was saying the same, he would go and say look i am getting some lag, there is a stealther here ! ... while standing at emain amg or rocots DF ... well duh yet another bold statement from the deparment of the obvious

K

kaod

Originally posted by Sibanac
well duh yet another bold statement from the deparment of the obvious

As is this attempt at original humour. :p

M

moo_work

radar does not get stealthed people because the server does not send you their packets until you break their stealth bubble (thats what causes them to "pop" sometimes.

Since OE and any other sniffer works by sniffing the packets sent by you (daoc client) to the daoc server - it can only get things that are being sent to you but, for example, you dont have the los for. And of course it will be able to translate locs into literal map location and which direction facing, class, level etc are all sent.

M

moo_work

btw what makes this possible is that mythic sends packets to and from server and client (including your login/password when you first log on) in "plain text", ie: no encryption at all.

gg mythic!

(you can kinda understand why, encryption increases lag because both ends have to decrypt before reading etc etc... but still no excuse for login/pass not to be encrypted at least IMHO)

K

kaod

Originally posted by moo_work
radar does not get stealthed people because the server does not send you their packets until you break their stealth bubble (thats what causes them to "pop" sometimes.

Since OE and any other sniffer works by sniffing the packets sent by you (daoc client) to the daoc server - it can only get things that are being sent to you but, for example, you dont have the los for. And of course it will be able to translate locs into literal map location and which direction facing, class, level etc are all sent.

I see this response all the time, and fair enough, if thats what you think, thats up to you and I respect that.

However, what explains the fact that I KNOW a stealther is in an area I am in, simply from the my activity of my machine without being a radar user?

J

jox

I see this response all the time, and fair enough, if thats what you think, thats up to you and I respect that.

However, what explains the fact that I KNOW a stealther is in an area I am in, simply from the my activity of my machine without being a radar user?

Perhaps its just your cat biting on a cable or something, dont have to be stealthers all over... ^^

K

kaod

Re: ...

Originally posted by jox
Perhaps its just your cat biting on a cable or something, dont have to be stealthers all over... ^^

Come on Jox - we used to get the same thing Sauvage road/tower and DF - we all got it - and it was backed up by the fact either a stealther found us, or we found them in what would have been clip range when the effect occured.

Works for stealthers and non-stealthers alike.

B

belth

btw what makes this possible is that mythic sends packets to and from server and client (including your login/password when you first log on) in "plain text", ie: no encryption at all.

Even worse is the way those are handled. .. It's downright retarded. Passing sensitive information as parameters is a no-go.

S

Sibanac

gg mythic!

(you can kinda understand why, encryption increases lag because both ends have to decrypt before reading etc etc... but still no excuse for login/pass not to be encrypted at least IMHO)

euh you are wrong all transactions between client en server are encrypted.
i know this because
a)I sniffed my own lan to check it a while ago
b) there are discusions about it on some boards i cant link to from here ;)

Even worse is the way those are handled. .. It's downright retarded. Passing sensitive information as parameters is a no-go.
I presume you are talking about the website subscription login here.
i just checked it and only the username is passed unencrypted the password field gets encrypted by some java app as far as i can see from here

O

old.Nol

I don't need my hard drive to tell me there are stealthers near...on most occasions it is pretty obvious, the criteria are as follows :

Are you at ligen gorge?
Are you at AMG?
Are you at dharkarons tower?
Are you at ATK?
Are you at MMG?
Are you at MTK?

If the answers to those questions is yes...then there is a stealther near.

K

kaod

I don't need my hard drive to tell me there are stealthers near...on most occasions it is pretty obvious, the criteria are as follows :

Are you at ligen gorge?
Are you at AMG?
Are you at dharkarons tower?
Are you at ATK?
Are you at MMG?
Are you at MTK?

If the answers to those questions is yes...then there is a stealther near.

Yes, yes, we all get it. hardy-hardy, very funny.

Which of the previous 1,000 threads about this did you get this idea from?

B

belth

i just checked it and only the username is passed unencrypted the password field gets encrypted by some java app as far as i can see from here

I'm talking about when Login.dll executes Game.dll. It runs it with the account name and password as parameters, without even a simple encryption. Try it with System Safety Monitor (that program's prone to hanging up your whole computer though, so it's best not to keep it running long :p). Or some other program that can intercept program execution in Windows.

Goes like (DOS-prompt style): Game <your account name> <password>

M

moo_work

euh you are wrong all transactions between client en server are encrypted.
i know this because
a)I sniffed my own lan to check it a while ago
b) there are discusions about it on some boards i cant link to from here ;)

fraid im not wrong, they are not encrypted - but of course you know that since you sniffed your own lan. They may not be in plain english (lol) but they aint encrypted at all.

and no im not talking about the website logging , it may well encrypt your passy there ive not looked into it - but im talking about game login.

And yes, I do know this because i have a linux box acting as router (hey old comps are cheaper than buying new routers :p) from my lan to my adsl con - and was curious with packet sniffing and etc ;)

M

moo_work

try it yourself, run a packet sniff to log all to a file (may slow u down etc if ur box is also your router, and is a shite computer ie: mine), leave it for a day or two and come back and grep for the login server ip (resolve the stuff in update.dat for the ip) - you'll see your pride and joy login/pass clear as day every time you logged in.

O

old.Nol

Yes, yes, we all get it. hardy-hardy, very funny.

Which of the previous 1,000 threads about this did you get this idea from?
better check your wallet, I think someone stole your sense of humour :D

K

kaod

better check your wallet, I think someone stole your sense of humour :D

You think it was the same thief that stole your orginality?

If you ever manage to post anything funny, I'm sure I'll laugh.

O

old.Nol

You think it was the same thief that stole your orginality?

If you ever manage to post anything funny, I'm sure I'll laugh.

ooof, nerf the wit stick...I've obviously killed some kin, the faction is aggro. Nect time I will try not to piss in your sandbox...

K

kaod

ooof, nerf the wit stick...I've obviously killed some kin, the faction is aggro. Nect time I will try not to piss in your sandbox...

How about, next time a (more than well used) joke has already been posted in the thread you plan to make it, you don't even bother?

Users who are viewing this thread