does radar work on stealth?

H

hercules-df

strange occurances in bg3 on occasions where ppl run a VERY LONG WAY str8 at me when im stealthed, No im not low on stealth in fact lvl35 infiltrator has 35+8 in stealth, just strange to see fg of mids running from their tk str8 to the tree im standing behind (stealthed too). 1 time didnt think much of it, by the 5th time since sunday i think something foul maybe afoot in bg3 :). I rarely stand still and usually see ALL enemy stealthers if near, so dont think I was reported on, different areas of bg3 this happend in too, 1 was a long way from any usual fighting areas.

Maybe freak occurances, or does this radar thing work on stealthed ppl or not?

P

Powahhh

odin's eye can see everything...
but it runs only in linux and is very very hard to make it run
from what i have heard
all other "radars" are client side ...means that they see everything that you comp "see"
a stealther in stealth mode has no ping and they can't see STEALTHED units
from what i have hear all this so maybe i am wrong.!

X

Xray

Ok, i heard this b4.
So how come my pet can follow stealthers when they stealth, if i set it to attack b4 they stealthed?

btw i don't think my pet uses Radar.

H

hercules-df

that would make sense on mid/exc being the main odins eye users then, teh lunix is the o/s of l33t kiddies.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by hercules-df
that would make sense on mid/exc being the main odins eye users then, teh lunix is the o/s of l33t kiddies.

It can run on just about any version of *nix, including macosx, it just takes a recompile. I have no idea how it works or whether it can see stealthers, if it mattered I could try and get it running and see, but I just can't be asked...

H

hercules-df

dont do it m8, dont wanna lose a hib from the game. any mids out there are welcome to test it, or maybe as someone suggested above RG can comment?

N

nalistah

dont do it m8, dont wanna lose a hib from the game. any mids out there are welcome to test it, or maybe as someone suggested above RG can comment?

what makes you think RG ever used radar?

Just coz some lame hib felt totally pwnd by RG in RvR and felt he needed to share his whine and made a radar post about it, it means we actually do it?

:great:

H

hercules-df

was it a hib who started the whole Radar finger pointing? Id of put money on albs.

H

horil

was it a hib who started the whole Radar finger pointing? Id of put money on albs.

Some1 who got owned by SH ;) imo

:great:

S

soullessminion

strange occurances in bg3 on occasions where ppl run a VERY LONG WAY str8 at me when im stealthed, No im not low on stealth in fact lvl35 infiltrator has 35+8 in stealth, just strange to see fg of mids running from their tk str8 to the tree im standing behind (stealthed too).

Theres your problem, the main path from mtk is swarming with NS or infils, Most mids run straight through trees towards water to avoid rd, also you would be amazed at amout of archers, or other albs who try to all hide behind those first few trees :) Those trees always my first target for finding a free rp or 2 in any bg....

S

Snake.ster

if ur stealthed assin, why hide behind a tree anyway?

J

jox

Originally posted by powahhh
odin's eye can see everything...
but it runs only in linux and is very very hard to make it run
from what i have heard
all other "radars" are client side ...means that they see everything that you comp "see"
a stealther in stealth mode has no ping and they can't see STEALTHED units
from what i have hear all this so maybe i am wrong.!

Could somebody plz confirm this, or is this just "nonsens" as we say in swedish.

X

xajorkith

He is wrong on one aspect: Odin's Eye cannot see stealthers, this is because the DAoC server does not send the stealthers loc to the players machine until the stealther's bubble has been breached by a player.

As for pets, again the loc of the stealther isn't sent to the players PC (it doesn't need to) until the pet "pops" the stealther.

I know this from reading the OE webby, not from use. All this talk just means more people become aware of OE and other radars and there use will become more prevalent :(

I suspected (heavily) I was a victim of OE when I was in BG3 sometime ago, I being a hunter was wandering around and after 10 minutes needed to rebuff. Rebuffing drops me out of stealth so I always rebuff hidden from view. Three times I did this (edit: Different spots too), and three times the same Necro with an attached speed bot (dunno what class), came straight at my location, but by the time it got to me I had always restealthed (remember I’m also not in view), 3 times it pbaoe'd the area I just buffed in, and three times my stealth was popped (too close to original buff spot) and I died. No proof what so ever so I could have just been pwned by l3t ski11z.

K

kaod

I've often wondered about this due to my "radar" hard disk.

It seems to detect a stealther just the same as it does a non-stealther so the client MUST be receiving some form of data that the stealther is there when the disk becomes more active.

Therefore, one can only assume that radar would read a stealther position.

S

Silenzio

easy thing... =)

mythic way to detetch radar user on usa server...

is to place Stelthed mob, that none can see... but radar can...

so radar get the wole info bout a stelthed ppl

as the server do...

Q

quinthar

Linux is the OS of champions, script kiddies simply blow goats.

J

Jiggs

if u want to know about it, just do a google on the program (odin's eye, daoc unleashed etc) and read the forums there.

pretty scarey stuff tbh amazing what some people will do to win!

P

Powahhh

Originally posted by xajorkith
He is wrong on one aspect: Odin's Eye cannot see stealthers, this is because the DAoC server does not send the stealthers loc to the players machine until the stealther's bubble has been breached by a player.

OE is not client side
i said it i think
all client side radars ase you state can't see stealthed units as you state it correct
but from what i have heard OE is THE radar....server side or sthing
but as i said all this are from what i have heard so i maybe wrong

J

jua-cosmos-jua

no program can h4x the stealthers.. nerf :)

ps only pets own us :)

J

jua-cosmos-jua

Originally posted by kaod
I've often wondered about this due to my "radar" hard disk.

It seems to detect a stealther just the same as it does a non-stealther so the client MUST be receiving some form of data that the stealther is there when the disk becomes more active.

Therefore, one can only assume that radar would read a stealther position.

first sorry about laugh spam you had just killed a friend of mine and i was a little upset

Notice tho that many ppl say.. i see it too.. during the pa it lags a little. so that must be when comps recieve the stealthers location

T

Tivook

Umm powahhh.. do you have any idea of what you're talking about? :p

of course they are all client side, a server side hack would be like having some trojan installed on the daoc servers and i don't think anyone have access to them :p

afaik OE works on linux and it reads all the incoming packages from the daoc servers and you need 2 comps to make this work.

excalibur works the same way but it works in windows and you don't need 2 computers.

That's all i've heard.

Tivook

C

censi

no program can h4x the stealthers

wrong btw.

I dont know if anyone uses odins eye still. But I know theres plug in's for unleashed that let you see stealthed players (including assasins) from full clip range. These plugins were not widely distributed. but theres a few people that used them. (including on euro servers)

And no I dont hack. Ne assasin will tell you that cuz they prolly nailed me 100 times.

If you are compelled to cheat should rest in the knowledge that sooner or later they will get you.. Ususally through word of mouth, or strange keystrokes picked up in there logs.

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by Xray
Ok, i heard this b4.
So how come my pet can follow stealthers when they stealth, if i set it to attack b4 they stealthed?

btw i don't think my pet uses Radar.
goddam cheater! (j/k)

Users who are viewing this thread