Does every1 Phear Zerkers ?

A

AbPoon

Well for killing casters Zerker's are alot better then pole armsmen, around twice as good infact ^^

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by AbPoon
Well for killing casters Zerker's are alot better then pole armsmen, around twice as good infact ^^

Well duh, any fast dual weapon user is going to be better for killing someone with pbt then a slow two-handed, an infiltrator or merc would do the job just as well, you can hardly compare the two.

A

AbPoon

Well you have casters to kill tanks and tanks that try to kill the casters or slam to protect then, now tell me what the role of a polearm armsman is excactly? :)

K

Kagato.

Well you have casters to kill tanks and tanks that try to kill the casters or slam to protect then, now tell me what the role of a polearm armsman is excactly? :)

What makes you think RvR revolves around casters? most random groups im in is all tank damage with the odd mezzer, more often or not even the mezzer is a minstrel though. The role of a polearmer is to kill anything, tank, caster, support, whoever is the most sensible target. If theres a scout in the group or someone else who can slam i'll let them open combat, but I dish out the heavy damage on whoever im fighting, caster or not. And sure, pbt sucks but I can drop any caster, archer or other non tanker, hybrid in 2 hits.

And to be honest, I like it that way, i'd rather see more sorc's in rvr then nukers.

But at the end of the day you play what you type you enjoy, I play a tank to kill, not to babysit.

A

Arnor

Zerker Rats -> Champion snares and runs until rat goes away, champ returns and kills the x-rat.

Or Zerker 3hits champ (Fest :p )

But yeah, there are LOTS of ways to counter frenzy, and I do not understand why ppl start talking bout 1v1 here. The times you get a 1v1 with a zerker are few and far between.

K

kalgarn

well i respecced my ra's so i would have purge.was getting tired of beeing stunned/slammed etc.so now with ip i can take down most casters/mezzers in big fights and i hardlly ever lose a duell.
and the fact that i'm not a troll gives me the advantace that i don't get targetted that fast in big fights too wich is nice if you only wear studded :)
so yes,i think zerkers are very good tanks and should be feared by people.but on the otherhand when we run out of end(what is pretty fast) and don't have hamster anymore we aren't worth alot.so are zerkers good?yes.are they uber?no.but i wouldn't trade my zerk for any other tankclass ;)

M

-mamba-

Originally posted by kalgarn

but on the otherhand when we run out of end(what is pretty fast) and don't have hamster anymore we aren't worth alot.so are zerkers good?yes.are they uber?no.but i wouldn't trade my zerk for any other tankclass ;)

Well said, full endurance bar is usually enough for killing a couple of casters or 1 other class.. when ooe dmg output is nothing, frenzied or not (doesn't matter if u hit for 50 dmg or 50+10dmg crit :)). Sure endurance crystals can give an extra end bar once per fight but they tend to regularly disappear from quickbar when zoning and too often I forget to check it :(

In many situations frenzy also does more harm than helps, if you have a few enemies nearby and go rat on a caster/bard it by my experience often causes at least some of the enemies to change target which results in rat eating grass.

Berserkers are in no way anything uber or specially fearable but imo a fun class to play and besides I like the concept, wouldn't switch to any other tank class either ;)

Just can't wait for endurance regen and keep fingers crossed we will have some active shamans and more mids RvRing .. the last few weeks have been horrible for mids, I'd love to rvr more but getting into a decent grp has proven to be a nightmare. Can't count the times I've logged on at tk just to see a few other lonely tanks lfg there lol

K

karlophin

Maybe Tali but zerkers work well in groups while bm's kind of.....dont. :)

No other melee will kill caster's faster then a zerker, this is why zerkers are the best in the game at what they do.

OMFG Poon, not had a group with me in then have ya. BM's work damn well in groups, just depends how ya play them.

K

karlophin

One last thing I wanna say,

Neither me or tali have ever had problems in a duel. And Im glad you people think we're still gimped, because its nice to prove you wrong :p

Oh btw who was that skald I dueled, fundin was it, bragging how he could own any class. Ahem 90% health bar, no TW, Dead Skald, thanks very much.

And the zerker, good fun duel Karate, but tell these guys the outcome of 90% of the fights.

And also TW>Rat ;)

A

AbPoon

Aye BM's are alot better then people think and also duel better but zerk will provide alot more damage then TW will and also the major thing is we have a 7 minute timer, you have a 30, i can zerk 4 times while you can TW in one.

But for killing casters no other melee comes close to the zerker.

Dropped defence? who gives a crap that caster will be eating dirt before i will ^^

S

subski

Originally posted by Wuren

Still havent lost vs a zerker 1vs1 even tho scale is vulnerable to slash and studded resistant vs thrust.

*cough*

u havent? hmm

K

karlophin

Aye BM's are alot better then people think and also duel better but zerk will provide alot more damage then TW will and also the major thing is we have a 7 minute timer, you have a 30, i can zerk 4 times while you can TW in one.

But for killing casters no other melee comes close to the zerker.

Dropped defence? who gives a crap that caster will be eating dirt before i will ^^

Yeah I agree mate, zerkers are a great class its gotta be said. And yeah, they will drop casters quicker then us BM's. Both seem like fun classes as fas as I can tell. I love my BM and wouldn't change him for the world, but I guess all zerkers are the same :)

And yeah rat is great but funnily enough it doesn't quite do the dmg that TW does. In the long run yeah, and in groups its far superior. But from duels with zerkers I can TW and the zerker rat and still be on 50% when zerkers are eating dirt. Unless you get a crit of like 500 dmg, then i just cry :p

B

belth

Just roll a 50 axe/cs critblade if you want to drop casters faster than anything :p

A

AbPoon

Since when were critblades tanks? o_O

But for some reason most bm's and zerkers are quite attached to their chars so they both must be fun to play, am very happy with my zerker i know that much away.

Apart from the mercs, they just whing about being crap.

A

AbPoon

That all you got? just wait till i get my pic up m8 your gonna love it :)

K

kalgarn

well as i said i don't normally take screenie's from dmg.this was just one i took because someone asked :)
but i'm still a dorf so have less strenght. :p

Y

yuyu

I just wonder how long life does a lv50 hero really have? They seems has super long life in group rvr. But when 1 vs 1, i dueled some unbuffed heros, some are rr5+, i didn't even lose once:) They only do 120-210 damage on meand some times i do 450-550 damage normaly, sometime 800+. But i never live that long when i was inside hibs, does this means hibs got uber buff or the hibs casters are much overpowerd?

S

subski

Originally posted by Negura`
http://www.ersboda.com/daoc/sub.jpg

Im sure not Everyone does ^^

in my own defense it wasnt me playing Sub at that time, I am convinced that my determined frenzied mind would atleast repell 50% of that 800 dam swing :]

but ive duelled wuren before and won, just like he's beaten me in duels before.

but him claiming not to loose 1v1 vs a zerker is the result of too much zerging in emain I guess :p

R

Release

Re: hmm lw > zerkers

Originally posted by old.Aragone
but moos + ip > all
How to kill a Hero before he can even use Moose+IP:

www.giganta.barrysworld.net/daoc/dmg.jpg

1884dmg in 4secs (Kall did the honour of the debuff) its the easy way to deal with Heros in small group fights :)

But back to topic, yeh Zerkers are kewl, always nice to have them in groups as they can down casters very quick and have no probelem with tanks either.
If I made a tank it would be a Zerker though for sure, having the damage of a 2H on DW with faster swing time is nice, DW/1H is the only sorta damage I have problems with really, most of the time PBT will save me from 2H.
But I must hand it to 'Laralyn' for being sooo good at using that uber fast 1H to pop bubble then poking me with that nice spear :eek:, no one does it as good as him/her.

A

AbPoon

Zerk epic armour has near 0 thrust but it was always strong to thrust so not sure.

T

talivarevil

Group RVR= zerk by long shot
1 on 1 = BM

and arnor if u avoid emain u get lots and lots of 1 on 1 :)

K

karlophin

Originally posted by talivarevil
Group RVR= zerk by long shot
1 on 1 = BM

and arnor if u avoid emain u get lots and lots of 1 on 1 :)

But tali.. your gimped and you know it.... im keeping hush ;)

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by karlophin

But tali.. your gimped and you know it.... im keeping hush ;)

lol he's the only one to give me a decent fight yet one on one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom