Dodgy SATA cables?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Every so often my pc hangs at the windows loading screen, or worse gets faulty disc error.

This is fixed by removing the side of the computer and reseating the SATA cable. Again and again.

It's the second cable I've tried, are they known for this? Or is it the hard drive?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address, cheers :D

Kryten

Old Cow.
Could really be anything tbh, grab some new cables, cheap enough - just make sure you get the ones with clips to hold them in at the end.
Got a couple here but it's probably cheaper to get news one :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ahh right, so they come with clips do they? :) I've tried two cables so far, but neither had clips.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Well, im not sure if you can call them clips - more like metallic springs that hold them in place.

sata.gif

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Carefull wid some of them "metal springs" one of em took a chunk out my finger today, Muda f*******!@!! Husts like hell and blood everywhere, took me ages to clean out customers puter.

:)

Kryten

Old Cow.
You should have called it a special antistatic cleansing fluid or something technical :D

Never been caught by a SATA cable but plenty of blood spilled from cheap cases and video-card cheesegrated hands :/

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Please dont say wid :/

Thanks, I'll have a look for some!

Chilly

Balls of steel
Could be a dodgy connector on the drive itself if you have already replaced the cable?

taB

Part of the furniture
If it's a WD hard drive they have slots for one of these connectors:

1896.jpg

It holds a lot more securely (but costs more etc..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom