dodgy mouse

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i was playing UT2004 the other day when all of a sudden i started to spin round. i thought it was just a bug in the demo then i noticed now when i use my mouse in general the cursor just flys all over the screen!

i am using some MS optical thingy thats been good for 3 yrs, anyone got a clue what the prob could be?

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
Had similar problems with a MS intellimouse explorer 3.0. It would just steer quick to the left at times, and also the scrollwheel would have a life of it's own... Not that good when I use scroll for weaponchange in FPS.

Anyway, solution is to get a Logitech MX of choice :p

tris-

just thought id update; i tryed it on PS/2 instead of USB and it stopped doing it as much but even a little bit is too much in games. so now ive bought a MX700 and everyone nearly had a heart attack when i told em it cost £60 for a mouse. ;)

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Another one joins the flock. Altho i have the 700 and its companion keyboard.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I've had an Intellimouse Explorer since day one when it came out and every so often the scroll wheel goes bananas, it's not the drivers because this continued from Windows 98SE on to Windows XP.

tris-

i must admit when i was buying this mouse, i did not think any mouse could be more accurate than the next. but damn this mouse is accurate, ive never been so spot on with my shooting before :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I've had 4 or 5 replacement explorers from MS. simply phone their UK customer services. They didnt even bother with an RMA, just sent me a new mouse by courier when I described the symptoms. I think the last one they sent me was a 2.0, and the problems stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom